• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Luke Lamperti (just his name no "next" no other rider's name (like Sagan) and no "thread")

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fisher Black is very fast. he was poorly positioned in Saudi. Also in Saudi it was a flat sprint and here it was uphill. I saw that Fisher Black was 7th in a flat sprint 2 years ago in Switzerland.
Badly positioned had nothing to do with it, the moment he was free to sprint, he didn't come an inch closer to Yates, and Lecerf who had been stuck between Yates and the boarding, actually overtook him.
I didn't see today's sprint, but i read it was at the end of a hill, and there was a 2s gap. So that is indeed a very different kind of sprint than a regular flat sprint.

Badly positioned had nothing to do with it, the moment he was free to sprint, he didn't come an inch closer to Yates, and Lecerf who had been stuck between Yates and the boarding, actually overtook him.
I didn't see today's sprint, but i read it was at the end of a hill, and there was a 2s gap. So that is indeed a very different kind of sprint than a regular flat sprint.
no one said it was a flat finish.

Anyway here's the last 100m:
View: https://youtu.be/ludClNr9_vU?t=123