• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Matej Mohoric: Junior & U-23 world champ

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
About Mitja vs Matej ... of course , he s Matej .
My mistake ... there are three or four Mitja s and no Matej nearby. Probably because .... it happens ...
Don't judge me by one mistake ...:p

@BlueRoads ...
If someone asks me ... yes ... to win a stage and then say in an interview what’s on his mind ... that would be it ... but I’m not the one who’s been on the bike for three weeks, five hours a day , in the sun, in the rain, under stress ... These guys are physically and mentally on the edge. It happens ... it’s emotional ... it’s hard to control emotions in moments like that.

Can somebody please explain to me why his celebration was so outrageous? I don't get it. So we expect everybody to smile at the camera and raise their hands like robots everytime?

With the gesture he clearly expressed what he thinks about the situation: "I know I did nothing wrong. I have faith in my team. The accusations are unnecessary." He then followed with the explanation in the interview.

I loved the celebration. I applaud him for that.

His celebration said 'look, but don't ask questions'. I'll accept his lack of maturity and high level of adrenaline as mitigating factors, but given cycling's history, it was phenomenally arrogant and incredibly ill-judged.

Can somebody please explain to me why his celebration was so outrageous? I don't get it. So we expect everybody to smile at the camera and raise their hands like robots everytime?

With the gesture he clearly expressed what he thinks about the situation: "I know I did nothing wrong. I have faith in my team. The accusations are unnecessary." He then followed with the explanation in the interview.

I loved the celebration. I applaud him for that.
No, the gesture literally means "Shut up" not "I know I did nothing wrong". How do you even get from a zipping mouth to that?

Reactions: Fuente De
No, the gesture literally means "Shut up" not "I know I did nothing wrong". How do you even get from a zipping mouth to that?
Yes. He says "Shut up" to those who have accused him of something. If you told me I'm a criminal, I would tell you to shut up, because I'm not.

I'm not trying to change the mind of those who didn't like the celebration. They have every right to do so. I just don't think it's as bad as some are trying to make it look.

Yes. He says "Shut up" to those who have accused him of something. If you told me I'm a criminal, I would tell you to shut up, because I'm not.

I'm not trying to change the mind of those who didn't like the celebration. They have every right to do so. I just don't think it's as bad as some are trying to make it look.

Neither do I, I think it's far from being the best thing to do but it doesn't cross any line for me, because I don't think I can read everything into it, maybe it's not even directed to "everyone", just some specific people that gives him more pressure than just general parties of people.

By the way, he sounds better than most pro cyclists lol

Reactions: Sandisfan
People that associate Mohorič gesture with Omertà or Armstrong. Note that the gesture Mohorič made and the meaning behind it was the exact opposite of that.

P.S. He was likely a bit cranky due to missing dinner on the police raid. Likely knowing he lost dinner over some bollocks action. Like the one against Arkéa–Samsic last year. Supertuck level of ridiculousness. Next time maybe he should just go with the middle finger. To set things straight.

I hope he can turn his strength into victory tomorrow, it'd be a shame to be the strongest rider in the race and leave empty-handed.

E6bsaLkWEAYG4vB
We have a copycat:
E8mcwkGWEAEn5or

I hope he can turn his strength into victory tomorrow, it'd be a shame to be the strongest rider in the race and leave empty-handed.

We have a copycat:
E8mcwkGWEAEn5or
How do you measure who is the strongest rider in the race? Because I've read in the Almeida thread that it is, in fact, Almeida who is levels above every other rider in the Tour of Poland. I'm confused now. What if they are both on a similar level right now, it's just that Almeida is a bit more punchy than Mohorič?

Just read the article and decided to put a link in this thread.

A couple of days back there was an interview for Slovenian media. Mohorič is motivated to perform even better in the next season. Currently he is doing some track racing on velodrome in Novo mesto.

Velodrom_0029_190409_VP.jpg

Looks like he might try to compete in this discipline at the next Olympics.

Only when he attacked on the descent I suddenly remembered I put some money on him winning...thank you Matej:D

It's his classic. The one he dreamt of winning in the last 5 years. With his skillset it really is ideal for him. In the previous years he was always too far back at the top of Poggio and with his crazy descending skills he usually only managed to bridge to the front group, but there was never enough road for him to make a serious attack. This year he was only a couple of seconds back at the top of Poggio, I think he was 5th in line. In an ideal position to quickly bridge to the leaders and attack over the top. We know, in these situations, when he gets a small gap, it's very difficult to bring him back.

Congrats on the big win, biggest of his career. A rider of this quality and as entertaining as he is, absolutely deserves to have at least one of these on his palmares.

TRENDING THREADS