• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Matej Mohoric: Junior & U-23 world champ

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The problem I see is also he often has to work for others, so he rarely even gets the chance to go for himself, even when he wants to.

For his recent win in the Giro he said he had to get approval from the team/Pozzovivo to go in the attack, they may have also said no, we need you fresh etc. I guess that's why the world champs suits him the best, he can really go all in for himself.

Great showing today taking the GC lead. So exciting to watch this guy.

Dkpe1MRXoAAiVHL.jpg

Not the season i expected. Tour and autumn he didn’t perform well. But he’s still young. Hopefully he’ll shine next season.
I think he's a decently talented rider, but not the consistent top level rider he was expected to become. He's still young, but he's also the same age as van der Poel, van Aert, to name a few. He's a fun guy to watch and a dangerous outsider, good to have in the mix. But either he's a late bloomer (which kind of contradicts his results as a junior and U23) or we shouldn't expect him to become a dominant force all year long.

Mohorič is more of a rouleur than a puncheur IMO. He has nice engine in rolling but not hilly terrain. Tend to struggle when it gets too steep.

As a poster mentioned before, Poggio is really the perfect climb for him. Both the ascent and descent. Should focus on MSR and the Flemish classics instead of the Ardennes and other hilly races.

TRENDING THREADS