• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Matt Lloyd fired by OPL

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
OPL has just fired Mat Lloyd for unprofessional behavior.. They say it has nothing to do with the use of PEDs, pretty odd, he could've helped Gilbert these next few weeks
GiroDItalia2010

Why would this be? Opinions ?

Susan Westemeyer said:
His most recent postings on his website are rather interesting: http://matthew-lloyd.com/

Susan

As some people have come to notice (including myself), the tour of Catalunya in spain was in a word: participation-less.. I’m not going to try and smash everyone’s eye-balls in with different physical and mental reasons trying to justify why I did’nt race, but it wasn’t happening. Obviously!! So what’s the next step you’re asking?… Let’s look further north to an area a little south-west of the Pyrénées mountains named the País Vasco, or Basque Country from an english-speaking perspective. I’ll be starting there in the ridgid chopped up and forested tapography of San Sebastian’s hinterland. The ups-and downs will no doubt kick in some solid stimulation to my little muscles that haven’t yet seen the worlds cycling scene this year, let alone since late October 2010. An interesting proposition no doubt…….

Of late, subconscious elements have crept in slowly and steadily leading to a bogus phase of being so eager to be involved mixed with the slow process of recovery we cannot be 100% sure the first race will be of the highest quality, but thankfully the people surrounding me have blessed me with the confidence to once again feel the heat around the corner. Not to mention a brilliant team who’ve given me the opportunity to once again step it up a notch in order to remain directly driven towards the event I anticipate the most- The Giro D’Italia.. If Iv’e been bleeding in places you cant see, and feeling the affects of doors being locked, I’ve called the people who change the locks, and the gate is open… All I have to do is ‘opan the gate’..

Many people say ‘dont let yourself get attachet to annything you are youre not willing to feel the ramifications around the corner’.. But this corner (as twisted as it may have been) is behind me, and I refuse to look behind as my character fails to let me do so, particularly disliking the place I was sitting in. So I’ll face the concequences I’ve attached myself with. through the assistance of particular and fattest crew of understanding people of these life-style changes. As we amble out of the nutural zone in the race to come, these elements will unquestionably bring about an inner center-punch I have never felf before… And before long, I’ll be in the module that has brought me so much love and enjoyment! Peace Matty L

Does this make sense to anyone? :confused:

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Those blog posts are worrying.:(

I would hope that an employer would stand by its people during mental health problems but I know it's not always possible.

Endurance sports are full of very intense people under constant stress and pressure.

I hope he's OK.

I hope he's okay, but I also consider the Green Edge thing a possibility.

Given the pseudo-poetic ramblings with poor spelling and grammar, and the dark place imagery and so on, I note with some dismay that the team has been selective in their wording.

They specified that it was not to do with performance enhancing drugs.

And given that he's starting to sound like Jim Morrison or Jeff Hardy, that's a worry.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
jaylew said:

Sprinkle in a few mentions of warlock, winning, and goddesses, and it looks really darned familiar.

The mention that it was behavior during early races made me flash back to Schleck & O'Grady at the Vuelta, but I'm not opening that can of worms again.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
As some people have come to notice (including myself), the tour of Catalunya in spain was in a word: participation-less.. I’m not going to try and smash everyone’s eye-balls in with different physical and mental reasons trying to justify why I did’nt race, but it wasn’t happening. Obviously!! So what’s the next step you’re asking?… Let’s look further north to an area a little south-west of the Pyrénées mountains named the País Vasco, or Basque Country from an english-speaking perspective. I’ll be starting there in the ridgid chopped up and forested tapography of San Sebastian’s hinterland. The ups-and downs will no doubt kick in some solid stimulation to my little muscles that haven’t yet seen the worlds cycling scene this year, let alone since late October 2010. An interesting proposition no doubt…….

Of late, subconscious elements have crept in slowly and steadily leading to a bogus phase of being so eager to be involved mixed with the slow process of recovery we cannot be 100% sure the first race will be of the highest quality, but thankfully the people surrounding me have blessed me with the confidence to once again feel the heat around the corner. Not to mention a brilliant team who’ve given me the opportunity to once again step it up a notch in order to remain directly driven towards the event I anticipate the most- The Giro D’Italia.. If Iv’e been bleeding in places you cant see, and feeling the affects of doors being locked, I’ve called the people who change the locks, and the gate is open… All I have to do is ‘opan the gate’..

Many people say ‘dont let yourself get attachet to annything you are youre not willing to feel the ramifications around the corner’.. But this corner (as twisted as it may have been) is behind me, and I refuse to look behind as my character fails to let me do so, particularly disliking the place I was sitting in. So I’ll face the concequences I’ve attached myself with. through the assistance of particular and fattest crew of understanding people of these life-style changes. As we amble out of the nutural zone in the race to come, these elements will unquestionably bring about an inner center-punch I have never felf before… And before long, I’ll be in the module that has brought me so much love and enjoyment! Peace Matty L

Wow, who knew that Cobblestoned was ML? We always wanted to get a rider on the forum.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
can any aussies translate this

If Iv’e been bleeding in places you cant see, and feeling the affects of doors being locked, I’ve called the people who change the locks, and the gate is open… All I have to do is ‘opan the gate’..

Many people say ‘dont let yourself get attachet to annything you are youre not willing to feel the ramifications around the corner’.. But this corner (as twisted as it may have been) is behind me, and I refuse to look behind as my character fails to let me do so, particularly disliking the place I was sitting in. So I’ll face the concequences I’ve attached myself with. through the assistance of particular and fattest crew of understanding people of these life-style changes

sounds like he's got a couple of spokes missing on his front wheel......

L'arriviste said:
OK, so I read that and even if it isn't about performance-enhancing drugs, it definitely seems like mind-enhancing drugs.

I'll have some of what he's smoking! :):cool:

dunno about him going the "toot" like Boonen or similar, but considering the car accident, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of painkiller addiction, in some attempt to recover sooner than possible?

Benotti69 said:
can any aussies translate this
sounds like he's got a couple of spokes missing on his front wheel......

Yeah, it could say anything really. He could be saying he's quitting cycling or er, deciding to ride only on mineral water in 2011. Or he could just be visiting the moon. It's a bit too cryptic for a public mouthpiece like a blog.

Definitely sounds like he's had a think about his life then decided to do something in 2011 that Omega Pharma Lotto was not willing to support.

A

Anonymous

jaylew said:

I lost the will to live about 5 sentances in, i honestly couldnt understand any of it. Think he might have written that under the influence of mind altering drugs.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
Yeah, it could say anything really. He could be saying he's quitting cycling or er, deciding to ride only on mineral water in 2011. Or he could just be visiting the moon. It's a bit too cryptic for a public mouthpiece like a blog.

Definitely sounds like he's had a think about his life then decided to do something in 2011 that Omega Pharma Lotto was not willing to support.

does he do twitter?

It sounds drug related to me but as you say could be anything.

jaylew said:

I thought he was Australian. I would normally think tht some of that sounds like a bad translation but considering it's from his own site/blog I must say that I'd be foolish to try to make sense of such a statement. Sounds more like he's talking around the subject instead of actually sharing any insight into what was actually going on.