• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Matteo Jorgenson has now outclassed his peers from the Chambery-system

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What kind of rider is he? I thought after his performance in Avenir that he would be a GC guy?

I don't know much about him. He's a climber. He was a call up at the end of last season for AG2R from a U-23 team in France. He sent out his resume to all the pro teams he could get contact information for at the end of last season looking for a contract and got one from Movistar. Otherwise don't know if he's more of a GC guy, a 1 day rider, or a super domestique type rider. He's definitely showing he has the ability to read races for one day races by staying in the lead group as long as possible and knowing the right wheels to follow. I also think he has more room to develop and improve. I think the top 20 here is impressive.

Reactions: Juan Pelota
You're breaking the age chain though.

Latour was born in 1993
Peters in 1994
Paret-Peintre in 1996
Champoussin in 1998 (not sure about Champoissin though)
Jorgenson in 1999

I guess the next Matteo Jorgenson should be a rider born in 2001 who will ride with Ag2r at least as a trainee.

You're breaking the age chain though.

Latour was born in 1993
Peters in 1994
Paret-Peintre in 1996
Champoussin in 1998 (not sure about Champoissin though)
Jorgenson in 1999

I guess the next Matteo Jorgenson should be a rider born in 2001 who will ride with Ag2r at least as a trainee.
Could the thread also be reverse engineered to add Geoffrey Bouchard (1992) Romain Bardet (1990) and all the way back through team history to Cyril Dessel and Jean-Patrick Nazon to the origins of the Chazal team/implosion of RMO (Vincent Lavenu, Thierry Claveyrolat), and maybe through the history of impossibly-French-sounding names in cycling back to Hippolyte Aucouturier..?

But that of course would beg the next question; would awesome moustache be a requirement?

Hippolyte_Aucouturier_1903.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan