Mechanical doping accusation against Contador

Jan 30, 2011
802
0
0
Jul 15, 2009
284
0
0
peterst6906 said:
Personally, a complete load of crap and easy to make an accusation without any substantive evidence to support it.
You mean we should treat this with the same scrutiny that was used to handle the same accusations against Cancellara?
 
Apr 28, 2010
3,522
0
0
Contadors bike was inspected several times during the giro, including on stages where he did change his bike
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Barrus said:
Contadors bike was inspected several times during the giro, including on stages where he did change his bike
inspected by whom, one must subsequently ask.
UCI?
 
Jan 30, 2011
802
0
0
Chef_Vodnik said:
You mean we should treat this with the same scrutiny that was used to handle the same accusations against Cancellara?
No, don't mean that at all.

It would be good if people who make accusations of this nature (including the same situation last year against Cancellara) actually provided some evidence to support their claims.

Contador should be out of the sport for other reasons, but even before this years Giro, he had already won 5 (perhaps soon 4) grand tours.

It's not like he's a Johnny Come Lately and just because someone can't understand how a performance can be so dominant, doesn't automatically mean that there must have been cheating involved.
 
Apr 13, 2010
1,238
0
0
I don't really know what Guimard's beef is here - he does seem to take a personal offence to Conti, though. A statement like this:

"When you are capable of eating rotten meat, then one is maybe capable of doing lots of other things..."
is straight out of the clinic - or maybe just said with a giant smile and wink?
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Barrus said:
AS far as I know it was by the UCI
thanks.
so, assuming Riis always pays his bills in time, a UCI mechanical check leaves plenty of room for speculation.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
1
0
"Unfortunately, with mechanical scanning now appearing to have been abandoned, he and other riders are left open to accusations of this nature. "
the article seems to insinuate they weren't scanned?

but i do love his 'clinicesque' quote

When you are capable of eating rotten meat, then one is maybe capable of doing lots of other things...”
good to know that the 'clinicians' in here are in such company :):D
 
Apr 28, 2010
3,522
0
0
Benotti69 said:
the article seems to insinuate they weren't scanned?

but i do love his 'clinicesque' quote



good to know that the 'clinicians' in here are in such company :):D
Through the commentary during the giro, I know that at least the bikes of Contador, Gadret and several others were checked on 1 day and that the bike of Contador was checked on other days as well
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
Barrus said:
Through the commentary during the giro, I know that at least the bikes of Contador, Gadret and several others were checked on 1 day and that the bike of Contador was checked on other days as well
ok, but as I said, if it was UCI doing the checking....:rolleyes:

Riis is the kind of guy that pays upfront.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
1
0
Barrus said:
Through the commentary during the giro, I know that at least the bikes of Contador, Gadret and several others were checked on 1 day and that the bike of Contador was checked on other days as well
i imagine someone in Gazetta or Tuttosport will follow it up.
 
Mar 26, 2011
1
0
0
Andy Schleck joined VC Roubaix cycling club in 2004, and caught the attention of Cyrille Guimard, a sports director who became famous as the directeur sportif for several Tour de France winners, including Bernard Hinault, Laurent Fignon, Lucien Van Impe and American Greg LeMond. Guimard described Schleck as one of the biggest talents he had seen and compared him to Laurent Fignon.[

http://www.enotes.com/topic/Andy_Schleck

Contador may not be clean, but Guimards opinions are just obviously quiet biased.
 
May 25, 2011
236
0
0
peterst6906 said:
Another looking for some attention now that he's out of the sport, or maybe he's just getting old and senile:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8703/Guimard-claims-Contador-could-have-used-mechanical-doping-in-Giro-dItalia.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+velonation_pro_cycling+(Cycling+News+&+Race+Results+|+VeloNation.com)

Personally, a complete load of crap and easy to make an accusation without any substantive evidence to support it.
Of course it is BS, but if you think so as well, why publish the rumour? All it does is give the leeches something to vomit about.
 
Jun 23, 2009
128
0
0
JPM London said:
I don't really know what Guimard's beef is here - he does seem to take a personal offence to Conti, though. A statement like this:



is straight out of the clinic - or maybe just said with a giant smile and wink?
I have read a book written by Laurent Fignon and Guimard was his directeur sportif for years. What Fignon wrote about him was no compliment. I don't think we have to take serious what he says.
 
Jun 1, 2011
104
0
0
peterst6906 said:
Another looking for some attention now that he's out of the sport, or maybe he's just getting old and senile:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8703/Guimard-claims-Contador-could-have-used-mechanical-doping-in-Giro-dItalia.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+velonation_pro_cycling+(Cycling+News+&+Race+Results+|+VeloNation.com)

Personally, a complete load of crap and easy to make an accusation without any substantive evidence to support it.
This stuff is hilarious. If this were true, I don't know how the riders around him didn't notice the huge battery attached to bis bike, or the strange engine noise.
 
Aug 4, 2009
1,056
0
0
When I tried to hang on to a couple of Top world tour riders with a 50cc moped I cooked the motor so I cant see this working in real time even if you can hide it. The motor was flat out and I was pedaling as well.
 
Mar 8, 2010
3,263
0
0
peterst6906 said:
Another looking for some attention now that he's out of the sport, or maybe he's just getting old and senile:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8703/Guimard-claims-Contador-could-have-used-mechanical-doping-in-Giro-dItalia.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+velonation_pro_cycling+(Cycling+News+&+Race+Results+|+VeloNation.com)

Personally, a complete load of crap and easy to make an accusation without any substantive evidence to support it.
And the clinic is the perfect place to post this.
This is when there comes together what belongs together.
 
Oct 8, 2010
451
0
0
Barrus said:
Contadors bike was inspected several times during the giro, including on stages where he did change his bike
There is no need to inspect any bike, since the battery cannot be hidden within the bike.
 
Jan 30, 2011
802
0
0
inri2000 said:
Of course it is BS, but if you think so as well, why publish the rumour? All it does is give the leeches something to vomit about.
Publish? No that was Velonation.

This is a discussion forum and that's what this is about: discussion.

There are a lot of baseless, BS rumours that should never be published. Unfortunately they end up being published anyway.

Once they are, there's nothing wrong with discussing them. Even if just to point out how shallow they are.
 
Aug 9, 2010
448
0
0
brianf7 said:
When I tried to hang on to a couple of Top world tour riders with a 50cc moped I cooked the motor so I cant see this working in real time even if you can hide it. The motor was flat out and I was pedaling as well.
You'd only need a few watts for a limited time on the decisive climbs to make an appreciable difference and that could be achieved with a tiny motor and battery.

Just because it's possible doesn't mean that anyone is actually doing it though.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS