• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mobile viewing

A

Anonymous

Can the forum owners please install tapatalk
http://www.tapatalk.com/

costs nothing for the website owners to install (and takes five minutes) and means for those who have the tapatalk app (android, iphone and blackbery) can view the forum on our mobiles easily..

you know it makes sense. :D

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

costs nothing for the website owners to install (and takes five minutes) and means for those who have the tapatalk app (android, iphone and blackbery) can view the forum on our mobiles easily..

yeah, good luck with that...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

Seconded!

All in favour?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
No, fix the forum first. No sense in adding supposed features that won't work with the broken features already not fully supported. If you don't know what they are go read the rest of this section.

The real question is why would CN add features at the request of #@%$&

A

Anonymous

you dont even have to add anyting to the forum, its literally just a a tiny peice of code uploaded to the server and a directory with its plugin in. then you register the forum with tapatalk and off you go.

people with the app on their phone then get a completely rerendered and easy to view forum like so..

browsing-on-mobile-tapatalk-app

browsing-on-mobile-tapatalk-app

I hold out absolutely no hope of any of the tech guys spending 5 minutes adding the feature, but if you dont ask, theres equally no hope either :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ElChingon said:
No, fix the forum first. No sense in adding supposed features that won't work with the broken features already not fully supported. If you don't know what they are go read the rest of this section.

The real question is why would CN add features at the request of #@%$&

The real question is why would you rather stick the boot into Dim than give support to a good idea that would help CN for free...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
The real question is why would you rather stick the boot into Dim than give support to a good idea that would help CN for free...

Because there are plenty of even better ideas in the queue that affect many that have yet to be acted on in anyway and adding yet another idea that only what seems affects two people well... why beat a dead horse.

A

Anonymous

ElChingon said:
Because there are plenty of even better ideas in the queue that affect many that have yet to be acted on in anyway and adding yet another idea that only what seems affects two people well... why beat a dead horse.

well theres that. I wouldnt suggest anything that actually involved time or cost to the devs.

But a two minute job with no tech experience required. Hell cn could probably do a deal to get comission on everyone who downloaded the app.

Doesnt hurt to suggest it. You never know, hell might freeze over ;D

May 18, 2009
Visit site
WTH is this thread about?

My mobile phone works fine on the forum. In fact, I have heard that the roaming IPs make it pretty much impossible for the mods to track sock puppets.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:

My mobile phone works fine on the forum. In fact, I have heard that the roaming IPs make it pretty much impossible for the mods to track sock puppets.

Its about forum-ites wanting their diapers changed, nothing more. The world views the site on every known internet device and a couple want to be pampered so the world must change for them.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ChrisE said:

Not sure either but the couple of people are asking for tappingtalkies/slaptalkies or something like that. Hey if it was me I would just go buy some Motorola 2way radio sets and communicate that way.

I never knew that a mobile phone roaming IP would pretty much stop a moderator from tracking an IP. Thank you for the info. Maybe you should twitter Polish, BPC, RHItaliano, DikWrench, ThaiPanda, etc. and let them know about this new development.

Meanwhile the couple of peeps here are still screaming for the SlapTalk promoted by the same guy who had the shamwow adverts.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
V
Martin318is said:
wait a second...i second :) your both comments (re re dim/boot and the reasonableness of the dim idea)...but being THE mobile geek, I know how to cope without, unlike several posters here, mocking and attacking dim personally :)

The solution is entirely up to the cn staff.

Personally, I would not be hindered by ANY outcome as I understand perfectly the dynamics and the inertia involved.

What I would most definitely NOT understand, would be WHY would ANYONE turn a constructive suggestion into a
personal jabs against dim and other posters.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
Don't hold your breath on this one ...

T

No problem. Only a few active members seem to be interested in the slaptalk application.

Some members have a need to read with a application, but there is many other ways to view the forum.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
For those criticising a simple request, please note that this is the

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team,

Dim did this and made a request. Simple. Negative comments is trolling.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

A effort in concert hu? Any negative comments is trolling? :confused: You lost me there along with pyton's comments. Better luck next time. I would think your reply post is a classic "bait". :cool:

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

that's the thing, the faking and pretending as if nothing happened goes on.

despite the mods removing some posts by...guess who :eek: the posts that mocked, flamed and insulted dim (and other posters) for making a simple plain-worded request. The fake is so inept, that he can not even figure out that dozens of posters saw his post about how dim's Site is this and that for allowing adverts, and how a troll should beat moderation through roaming IPs etc..thankfully, the mods saw through the fake. Cheers.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
A effort in concert hu? Any negative comments is trolling? :confused: You lost me there along with pyton's comments. Better luck next time. I would think your reply post is a classic "bait". :cool:

Some might even call it a "master bait". :D

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
.. if they care to review the posting history (and the timing above all) of the three invariable charachters, imagine the unimaginable, all from the same state as the doper they care for and all quoting each other. The fact remains, flaming dim for a simple request and getting slammed for that by the mods is hardly a matter worth expanding the dwindling resources of the apologists. That they do, is an indication of the desperation they are in.

It takes no brain who the three are. Thank you guys.
----
Edit: I felt it is worth the edit for the multiple new readers to call the spade a spade.
Chris E
is the master flamer of the trio. He is widely unappreciated in the forum by both the mods and the majority of the players. Then follow his. Minions, glen Wilson and Patrick. They always appear when they need each other. They Never post anywhere but the pro- anti armstrong threads....

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
it is much simpler than when santa's fake humour gets imposed...

there is a hard, well documented record of the forum that the 3 doping apologists from the same state as (insert your guess) appear around with an amazing chronometric repetitiveness, it is due to more than a chance. this thread is yet another hard proof that your claimed humour is yet another faking. not much dissimilar to the cancer survivor card. many on this board, including brodeal for example, survived cancer, but they are far more modest and discrete in playing the card.

many more example are there.