• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Most Dope Tested Athlete in the History of Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2009
3,827
0
0
It has to be Lance, right?
We joke and mock people about it, but it IS true, right?

Now that Lance is retired and can now shut the door on the testors, it is time to consider the case for Lance being the Official Most Tested Athlete Ever

Consider.....

1) Pro Cyclists are tested more than any other sport.
In and Out of competition, 24/7, 365 days a year.

2) Pro cyclists that have been around a long time have been tested the most.
Guys like Moreau and O'Grady and Big George and Jens and Lance etc...

3) Long time cyclists that have been the focus and target of the testors have been tested the most. This seals the deal for Lance.

Lance probably began getting tested in the early 90's.
Maybe even in the late 80's.

His career spanned 20+ years in Pro and Amateur cycling.
The most tested sport ever.

And Lance has been THE Target of the AFLD, WADA, USADA, UCI etc.

Can anyone make a valid case for Lance NOT being the Most Tested Ever in the History of All Sports? Seriously?
 
Jun 19, 2009
4,841
0
0
Polish said:
It has to be Lance, right?
We joke and mock people about it, but it IS true, right?

Now that Lance is retired and can now shut the door on the testors, it is time to consider the case for Lance being the Official Most Tested Athlete Ever

Consider.....

1) Pro Cyclists are tested more than any other sport.
In and Out of competition, 24/7, 365 days a year.

2) Pro cyclists that have been around a long time have been tested the most.
Guys like Moreau and O'Grady and Big George and Jens and Lance etc...

3) Long time cyclists that have been the focus and target of the testors have been tested the most. This seals the deal for Lance.

Lance probably began getting tested in the early 90's.
Maybe even in the late 80's.

His career spanned 20+ years in Pro and Amateur cycling.
The most tested sport ever.

And Lance has been THE Target of the AFLD, WADA, USADA, UCI etc.

Can anyone make a valid case for Lance NOT being the Most Tested Ever in the History of All Sports? Seriously?
It's not a test if the UCI gives you the answers...
 
Jun 16, 2009
3,052
0
0
Polish said:
It has to be Lance, right?
We joke and mock people about it, but it IS true, right?

Now that Lance is retired and can now shut the door on the testors, it is time to consider the case for Lance being the Official Most Tested Athlete Ever

Consider.....

1) Pro Cyclists are tested more than any other sport.
In and Out of competition, 24/7, 365 days a year.

2) Pro cyclists that have been around a long time have been tested the most.
Guys like Moreau and O'Grady and Big George and Jens and Lance etc...

3) Long time cyclists that have been the focus and target of the testors have been tested the most. This seals the deal for Lance.

Lance probably began getting tested in the early 90's.
Maybe even in the late 80's.

His career spanned 20+ years in Pro and Amateur cycling.
The most tested sport ever.

And Lance has been THE Target of the AFLD, WADA, USADA, UCI etc.

Can anyone make a valid case for Lance NOT being the Most Tested Ever in the History of All Sports? Seriously?
This topic has been discussed repeated here and you KNOW that Polish.

In any event, I believe that a few members have posted the figures from USADA that demonstrate that not only is Armstrong not the most tested althete, he isn't even the most tested American cyclist.

Instead of posting a trolling topic, why don't you look up the published facts instead of going on a fishing expedition?
 
Aug 7, 2010
346
0
0
Martin318is said:
This topic has been discussed repeated here and you KNOW that Polish.

In any event, I believe that a few members have posted the figures from USADA that demonstrate that not only is Armstrong not the most tested althete, he isn't even the most tested American cyclist.

Instead of posting a trolling topic, why don't you look up the published facts instead of going on a fishing expedition?
A link please? :)
I've tried a search of this site, pero no hubo suerte.
 
Mar 18, 2009
13,318
0
0
Martin318is said:
This topic has been discussed repeated here and you KNOW that Polish.

In any event, I believe that a few members have posted the figures from USADA that demonstrate that not only is Armstrong not the most tested althete, he isn't even the most tested American cyclist.

Instead of posting a trolling topic, why don't you look up the published facts instead of going on a fishing expedition?
Trolls do what trolls do.
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,827
0
0
Martin318is said:
This topic has been discussed repeated here and you KNOW that Polish.

In any event, I believe that a few members have posted the figures from USADA that demonstrate that not only is Armstrong not the most tested althete, he isn't even the most tested American cyclist.

Instead of posting a trolling topic, why don't you look up the published facts instead of going on a fishing expedition?
Martin, I am talking about All Time Leader in Dope Tests.

Not just USADA stats for a given period....
UCI/AFLD/WADA/ETC over a lifetime.

All Time Leader in All Sports, in the History of Sport.
For the three reasons I listed in my original post.
 
Polish said:
Martin, I am talking about All Time Leader in Dope Tests.

Not just USADA stats for a given period....
UCI/AFLD/WADA/ETC over a lifetime.

All Time Leader in All Sports, in the History of Sport.
For the three reasons I listed in my original post.
How about no?
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,827
0
0
happychappy said:
What the **** is your major malfunction?
This is the CN Clinic.
We discuss dope silly.

What Sport to you think the "Most Tested Athlete Ever" comes from?
Cricket? Rugby? Soccer? Tennis?

Maybe Track and Field has a contender...

Are there any long time, multi decade Track Athletes who have been tested more than any other athlete?

Maybe.
But my money is on Cycling and Lance.
And I am including the history of cycling.
Eddy's was tested. LeMond was tested too. Bernard etc.
But not nearly as much as Lance.
WADA did not even exist when Eddy or Greg raced.

But maybe there is a swimmer out there with a long career who was tested more. Mark Spitz? Did he have a multi decade career?

Fred Biletnikoff?
 
Jul 16, 2010
370
1
0
The fact that Polish and flicker are welcome to post here is, well, silly. Clearly there's no dope testing on the CN forums, or these special individuals would have a unique tag next to their names.

Sh*t thread is sh*t.
 
Mar 13, 2009
672
0
0
Martin318is said:
This topic has been discussed repeated here and you KNOW that Polish.

In any event, I believe that a few members have posted the figures from USADA that demonstrate that not only is Armstrong not the most tested althete, he isn't even the most tested American cyclist.

Instead of posting a trolling topic, why don't you look up the published facts instead of going on a fishing expedition?
Bang on. I'd be tempted to give him a 7 day no troll holiday for this.
 
Aug 4, 2010
185
0
0
I would have to put my money on a swimmer. I think they are tested every time they win or finish on the podium, and a good swimmer will end up more times on the poduim in a year than Lance did in his life time. Michael Phelps comes to mind been swimming since 2002.
 
Jun 9, 2010
1,862
0
0
As UsPostal said... swimmers are the most tested in the whole sport world... their controls are even tougher than those used by the UCI/WADA... Should be a swimmer the answer... but I dont know who...
 
uspostal said:
Michael Phelps comes to mind been swimming since 2002.
Way before that. He was in the 2000 Olympics (at age 15), and began swimming competitively long before he was in his teens. Not sure when he began competing in events that featured testing, but I think fifteen years (and counting) would be a good guess of his dope-tested career.

How about Carl Lewis? He was in four Olympics spanning twelve years, and during most of that time he was competing in both sprints and LG (and of course relays). Or Linford Christie, who made the Olympic finals of the 100m dash at age 36.
 
Mar 18, 2009
13,318
0
0
uspostal said:
I would have to put my money on a swimmer. I think they are tested every time they win or finish on the podium, and a good swimmer will end up more times on the poduim in a year than Lance did in his life time. Michael Phelps comes to mind been swimming since 2002.
Phelps was not tested enough to discover that he is a pothead.
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,827
0
0
Ryaguas said:
As UsPostal said... swimmers are the most tested in the whole sport world... their controls are even tougher than those used by the UCI/WADA... Should be a swimmer the answer... but I dont know who...
Makes sense Ryaguas and UsPostal...

Acccording to the USADA site,
Lance was tested 27 times and Phelps 33 times last decade.
(this does not include WADA / AFLD / UCI / ETC)

Carl Lewis had a long career too, thanks Merckx index.

So maybe the Podium of Most Tested looks like:

1) Phelps
2) Lewis
3) Lance

http://www.usada.org/athlete-test-history


ps: Interesting quote from Spitz on swimming/doping per Wiki:

WIKI said:
During a radio interview in Australia, Spitz was quoted as saying "They don't want to test for everything because there's tremendous pressure from the television networks because they want the television to have athletic competitions with the world record holders there for the finals. They want the medals not to be tainted in their value of accomplishment by winning them, and it's all about ratings and commercial selling of time and about money. And an International Olympic Committee has got their hand in the pockets of the network television people, so there's a tremendous conflict of interest in what they should do and what they're doing
 
Jul 19, 2010
319
0
0
Maybe as a gracious gesture Lance should invite his future rival as most dope tested athlete Alberto to a steak dinner.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Martin318is said:
This topic has been discussed repeated here and you KNOW that Polish.

In any event, I believe that a few members have posted the figures from USADA that demonstrate that not only is Armstrong not the most tested althete, he isn't even the most tested American cyclist.

Instead of posting a trolling topic, why don't you look up the published facts instead of going on a fishing expedition?
if this is the case and i believe it is, why not delete this thread?

this topic has been discussed at length and shown that armstrong was not tested extensively throughout his career.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS