• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(Mostly) French Super Team

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an awful awful idea, but wouldn't a team of mostly French riders from AG2R, Cofidis, Europcar, plus others be super fun to watch? The team that I came up with would be:

Belletti, Ravard, Peraud, Casper, Gadret, Roche, Chavanel, Pineau, Roux, Pinot, Casar, Offredo, Voeckler, Rolland, Charteau, Kern, Dumoulin, Taaramae, Moncoutie, Di Gregorio, Coppel, Hivert, Kadri, R. Feillu

This is a surprising balanced team:
Feillu would be the sprinter with help from Casper, etc
There are quite a few promising young climbers (Kern, Pinot, Coppel, Taaramae) who could learn from Moncoutie, Gadret
This team would even be decent for the classics.
Voeckler & Chavanel could always be depended on to put in attacks as well.

There is probably already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one and I thought it was a cool idea. I know that it would never actually work and would screw alot of other riders. I also know that not all of the riders are French, Taaramae & Roche very obviously not French.

If this were a team however, and we accept the rankings and points as calculated by NICOSIX, http://nicosix.wordpress.com/category/cyclisme/classements-2012/classement-equipes-2012/

then this team would 1255 points, good enough to be the 3rd best team, between BMC and Sky. Just some thinking, let me know what you guys think.

mostly french super team...hmmmm...i can only think about the great festina death squad.
GD7984688@Frenchman-Richard-Vir-4429.jpg

fortunately for the frenchies,they got now a french super team:

11141%7C000005d35%7Cf413_orh100000w575_tdf11st18-EUROPCAR.jpg

who can forget that europcar had the strongest team in this year's tour...top of the galibier half of the riders were green...rolland-voeckler-gautier-charteau-jerome... la cerise sur le gateau

i think europcar is better without the other french guys from the other teams.it will be chaos with all of them

theyoungest said:
On the basis of two or three Dauphiné stages, I'd rate him above Dupont.

Dupont dropped Nibali Scarponi Garzelli Menchov etc on Grossglockner.

He beat Rujano on Zoncolan.

He was then throwing himself around on all stages, getting into breaks, bringing back attacks.

Like Gadret the year before riding finishing with Evans in Aprica and beating Basso, Nibali, Scarponi up Kronplatz it shows the talent is there.

Dauphine isnt as good a measurement. Brajokovic killed everyone in the 2010 race for example.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I also believe that Kern is his knee is right will be Frances best finisher in the 2012 Tour.

I am on the Kern fanboy bandwagon.

PS what about Le Mevel French super team leader easy

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Yeah for 2012 maybe but no way 2013.

Thats the answer to both your comments;)

Team Gadret, Voeckler will be past in by 2013 anyway - Kern I tell you

be great if the 2013 tour had 150 km ITT over 3 stages 2-3 Medium mountain 7 big mountain stages and it will still be Kern (and Rolland )

theyoungest said:
Yeah. And Brajkovic himself was destroyed in the 2011 race. By, among others, Christophe Kern.

Thats because it wasnt his aim for this season. But it shows that a rider of that quality can do if he focuses on the Dauphine.

Dropping Scarponi, Nibali, Rujano, Rodriguez, on the hardest mountains in the world in the race they peak for, is simply more impressive than dropping Wiggins Evans, Voeckler and Rodriguez in their warm up/ warm-down race.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm really excited to see what Kern, Rolland, and Coppel will be able to do in a few years. They seem to be developing quite well. Kern can also put in a strong TT.

the route of 2012 tour is perfect for kern if they will let him race.i use to call him the french bjarne riis because of his suffering mode and because to me this year he pushed his limits to a painful,dangerous level.
the man right now is disappeared from everything and everywhere i think.
but he will be back in 2012:
la kernasse:
Christophe+Kern.jpg