Teams & Riders Nairo Quintana discussion thread

Page 370 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
on his IG statement, Nairo claims he got more lucidity about his current fitness going to la Vuelta, which according to him it wasn't the best and in addition to the tramadol case, he decided not to compete in Spain so he can return home to prepare his defense so he can prove he didn't do anything wrong....

a bit vague, but certainly it is a case of the team asking him to go home, rather than him doing it voluntarily......

Reactions: Sandisfan
I now hope that once more, bad publicity turns out to be good publicity (better bad publicity than no publicity) - for Nairo and his team.

I hope that Nairo will return to racing as soon as possible, that he will fulfill his Arkea contract for three more seasons (or even longer), and that he will give us joy with good races. He‘s had a great 2022 so far, with great results. He probably would have finished the Vuelta 2022 in Top-5 in GC.

IMHO, he can take as much Tramadol as he wants, or even take other stuff, whatever he wants and needs. Main thing is that he races, and performs nicely.

Nairo invests so much into his sport, and so does Arkea-Samsic. They shall be rewarded with nice results and good publicity, and not with some weird punishment. They do the things they do for our pleasure, to give us some nice moments or hours - and not for anything else…

I now hope that once more, bad publicity turns out to be good publicity (better bad publicity than no publicity) - for Nairo and his team.

I hope that Nairo will return to racing as soon as possible, that he will fulfill his Arkea contract for three more seasons (or even longer), and that he will give us joy with good races. He‘s had a great 2022 so far, with great results. He probably would have finished the Vuelta 2022 in Top-5 in GC.

IMHO, he can take as much Tramadol as he wants, or even take other stuff, whatever he wants and needs. Main thing is that he races, and performs nicely.

Nairo invests so much into his sport, and so does Arkea-Samsic. They shall be rewarded with nice results and good publicity, and not with some weird punishment. They do the things they do for our pleasure, to give us some nice moments or hours - and not for anything else…
My thoughts exactly - but about LA. Love

on his IG statement, Nairo claims he got more lucidity about his current fitness going to la Vuelta, which according to him it wasn't the best and in addition to the tramadol case, he decided not to compete in Spain so he can return home to prepare his defense so he can prove he didn't do anything wrong....

a bit vague, but certainly it is a case of the team asking him to go home, rather than him doing it voluntarily......
of course... he was swearing to ride Vuelta just two days ago... i think ultimately it's good his team "forced" (or maybe even he realized it after initial emotions faded) some sense into him because the backslash, bad publicity and constant talking about PEDs whenever he would be on camera during the race would just be too bad and too much. it's not like he had a chance to win it anyways. it wouldn't just be worth it imho.

-my 2 cents

The problem is that he has 10 days to appeal. Decision by the team or not, it would be realistically impossible for him to focus on racing when he only has 10 days to appeal. So he has very limited time to organize and talk to his lawyers about his appeal.

Reactions: TourOfSardinia

ASK THE COMMUNITY