• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

New young generation too fast?

David_William

BANNED
Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
What's up with these kids that seem to be freaking fast
It's not just the colombians, it seems to be global.

An example if TT of Jungels yesterday:

For sure I am happy. I felt good this morning in the stage and I knew last year I was good here too - I did 7th,” exclaimed Jungels after the time trial. “It was different conditions this year with the wind, and I was a minute faster than last year. I did 475 watts average over nine minutes so that’s pretty good, and I am really satisfied with that.

He is about 68kg so that's a 7w/kg effort for 9 minutes and he in only 21. Still it was not enough to win since he got his *** kicked by Tom Dumoulin who did 7km TT 10 seconds faster.

How to explain this? Surely they will only get faster and what then when they start beating all the record times on the climbs? I dont think that will take long.

Better training and recruitment is possible but...

When I talk to people and about people, I always remind them that the question is not "would x dope?". The question that should be asked is "could x be convinced to dope?" either by coaches, teammates, docs, fans, whatever. The answers to those questions are often different.

For the youngest generation, they are much more susceptable to the pressure, hype, and false promises of the people in their charge.

Off topic, but the Jamaican HS championship results were yesterday. Wow.

estimating watt per kg can nearly always show doping as its just not precise enough. I agree with the comment any young pro at this level in top tier would have be very very smart to be purely doping on his own incentive. The old cofidis way of team encourages but doesn't know.

I would like think it is the cleanest its been but like in any sports incentive to dope is their its just cycling at least recognises just that.