• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Official Wout Van Aert thread

Page 206 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You really think he's going to skip the Giro into skipping the Tour with Vingegaard with almsot full certainty not operating at 100% and most likely as of right now not even riding the race?
Yes.

Het eerste deel van zijn mogelijke Tour-voorbereiding wordt al sowieso geschrapt. Zeeman: “De hoogtestage op de Sierra Nevada vanaf 6 mei mist Jonas al zeker. Als hij al naar de Tour gaat, zullen we het via een andere route moeten doen. Lukt het niet, moeten we met een ander scenario komen.”

Een van die scenario’s is dat Van Aert toch de Tour zou rijden, maar daar staat hij zelf niet voor te springen. Hij wil in juli op hoogtestage om de Spelen voor te bereiden.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
He rides an XC bike with aero road wheels wtf
9xglne-AYr-B071-NSvz-QY3-Akyx-Z4wig-DUAv-Bvp-8ar8-JA-2048x1190.jpg
That's a great bike to help him continue his recovery!

In short, he doesn't want to ride the Tour to prepare for the OG.
For some browsers, there is a handy add-on that translates text you selected in a pop-up on any website, into the language of your choice. So you don't have to copy/paste it into another translation website.
Here we go again; Van Aert signaling he's Belgian number 1. It'll end up like Leuven and Ala takes a surprise gold for France.

Can't imagine him not riding the tour now. Especially if Vingegaard's not going. That means he probably woun't have to domistique anything and can pick a few days to go for stages and use the rest to prepare for OG.
Exactly my point. In fact I'd be very, very disappointed if he doesn't race if Vingegaard doesnt. I completely understand him not wanting to bury himself again and be *** on for having goals himself along the way as well, but now that Jonas may be out of the picture and Wout not able to ride in Italy, it makes no sense for me to skip TdF.

Exactly my point. In fact I'd be very, very disappointed if he doesn't race if Vingegaard doesnt. I completely understand him not wanting to bury himself again and be *** on for having goals himself along the way as well, but now that Jonas may be out of the picture and Wout not able to ride in Italy, it makes no sense for me to skip TdF.
Indeed, we don’t want you skipping the TdF ;) :)

TRENDING THREADS