• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Official Wout Van Aert thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Theres always next year. He took another step this season apart from a mediocre ride in Flanders where he got completely outshone by the brilliance of Mathieau. I believe he has all the tools to win especially Roubaix, but was plagued bu bad luck last year and especially this year. Hopefully Lotto NL will pull their heads our their dutch asses and support him better in Roubaix next year.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Theres always next year. He took another step this season apart from a mediocre ride in Flanders where he got completely outshone by the brilliance of Mathieau. I believe he has all the tools to win especially Roubaix, but was plagued bu bad luck last year and especially this year. Hopefully Lotto NL will pull their heads our their dutch asses and support him better in Roubaix next year.

LIYF will not approve of this post coming in this thread.

Edit: Whoever moved this to the right thread could perhaps have deleted this post...

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Valv.Piti said:

Edit: Whoever moved this to the right thread could perhaps have deleted this post...
What does LIYF mean tho?

But seriously, I thought it was disgraceful to see such a strong rider like Wout just completely on his own despite him having two riders up front who did jackshit to help him.

Valv.Piti said:
tobydawq said:
Valv.Piti said:

What does LIYF mean tho?

But seriously, I thought it was disgraceful to see such a strong rider like Wout just completely on his own despite him having two riders up front who did jackshit to help him.

Logic is your friend. He is watching and scolding us when we compare Wout with Mathieu and you posted this in the MvdP thread at first :)

Re:

SafeBet said:
Arenberg was 95 from the finish, so roughly 25 km.
sold

tobydawq said:
Logic is your friend. He is watching and scolding us when we compare Wout with Mathieu and you posted this in the MvdP thread at first :)
jfvztutewszp.gif

IndianCyclist said:
SafeBet said:
Chapeau to this champion. Had to chase on his own for a long time and then probably forgot to eat drink properly. Don't know what the Jumbo DS was thinking though.
What i suspect is that the crash of Benoot into the Visma car disrupted their plans and by the time they got their act together, it was already too late.
That was well into the second part of his chase IIRC.

So he had a flat, changed to Eenkhoorn's bike. Came back, swapped bikes, crashed. Had to chase again but this time he could only use half of his gears because the gears of his new bike were damaged during the crash. Didn't have time to eat enough.

He's a effin champion, I think he had the legs to go with Gil and Pollit, but alas, cycling can be an unforgiving sport. On another note, as if all of the aforementioned setbacks weren't enough, Wout also had to pay 2 fines due to drafting and urinating in a forbidden area. Poor guy. He will come back stronger next year though, and that's a scary thought for everyone racing against him. Wouldn't mind having the trio of Wout, Mathieu, and Nils duking it out in the cobbled classics next year. :)

He and Mathieu shouldn't mind missing some CX races, they'll win them anyway when they participate. An in form WvA can go far on this route, although I think Naesen has the best chance of winning it for Belgium. He can handle these climbs and has got a sprint.

Re:

Bardamu said:
He and Mathieu shouldn't mind missing some CX races, they'll win them anyway when they participate.
You mean he'll win them anyway. Van Aert hasn't won anything relevant this season in cross and hasn't beaten Van der Poel one single time. I don't see this changing much next season.

Quite surprised by this, be he will certainly help in the TTT and could have some opportunuties in the hilly stages early in the race. However what I don't understand is why doesn't he ride the World Championships since he seems to be taking road cycling so seriously.

TRENDING THREADS