Offical Wout Van Aert isn't a new Zdenek Stybar

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2018
315
0
0
Sky should buy his contract out. They have been miserable this classic season. Rowe after breaking leg may never return to same level, Stannard seems regressing, Moscon focuses on too many things, van Baarle laughing all the way to the bank
 
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Bardamu said:
No racing on the road after Roubaix? A shame.
No, I think he will participate in races like the Tour of Belgium, perhaps even Belgian national champs and maybe even BinckBanck Tour
Ah ok.

I took a look at the route of the BinckBanck tour. One would have hoped they made it more difficult to attract riders who are preparing for the Worlds.
Don't understand either why they don't always have atleast one mini AGR, one mini TdFlanders and one mini LBL. Add 2 sprint stages and a time trial and you have an interesting parcours.
 
Re:

MuskyOurSaviour said:
Sky should buy his contract out. They have been miserable this classic season. Rowe after breaking leg may never return to same level, Stannard seems regressing, Moscon focuses on too many things, van Baarle laughing all the way to the bank
I can't imagine Sky wanting him anywhere near a Cross race in the winter, even if it's just a few. Surely one of the two Belgian teams are were he'll end up?
 
Re: Re:

Bardamu said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Bardamu said:
No racing on the road after Roubaix? A shame.
No, I think he will participate in races like the Tour of Belgium, perhaps even Belgian national champs and maybe even BinckBanck Tour
Ah ok.

I took a look at the route of the BinckBanck tour. One would have hoped they made it more difficult to attract riders who are preparing for the Worlds.
Don't understand either why they don't always have atleast one mini AGR, one mini TdFlanders and one mini LBL. Add 2 sprint stages and a time trial and you have an interesting parcours.
Lol, what else do you suggest? There isn't any terrain to compare with the worlds. It's a hard mountainous course in Innsbruck. There aren't any mountains in the Netherlands, Belgium or Luxembourg. Mini agr/LBL/Flanders is the best of all worlds..
 
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Bardamu said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Bardamu said:
No racing on the road after Roubaix? A shame.
No, I think he will participate in races like the Tour of Belgium, perhaps even Belgian national champs and maybe even BinckBanck Tour
Ah ok.

I took a look at the route of the BinckBanck tour. One would have hoped they made it more difficult to attract riders who are preparing for the Worlds.
Don't understand either why they don't always have atleast one mini AGR, one mini TdFlanders and one mini LBL. Add 2 sprint stages and a time trial and you have an interesting parcours.
Lol, what else do you suggest? There isn't any terrain to compare with the worlds. It's a hard mountainous course in Innsbruck. There aren't any mountains in the Netherlands, Belgium or Luxembourg. Mini agr/LBL/Flanders is the best of all worlds..
If they'd do three races in Wallone this year it would be better. The course this year sucks.
 
Why would that be better? So the puncheurs who have like 60/70% of all interesting classic courses and hilly stage races can win another one? (eg Valverde)

I like the diversity of the Benelux tour the last few years. Cobble riders, puncheurs, tt-ers and even some gt men mixed in the results.
 
The course in Dutch Limburg isn't hard at all and it has one day in Flanders. There is nothing for riders like Wellens.

As I said, I like the mix, but then they should make three small classic days. A small AGR, a small Flanders and a LBL race.
 
I like the BinckBanck Tour but instead of racing it in the autumn what about using it as an early warm-up to the classics? Sagan, GVA, Gilbert, Valverde, Benoot, Stybar, Terpstra, Kwiatkowski, Wellens, Moscon, potentially Nibali.. all in one race.

Stage 1: 250k costal stage with soft climbs (Mini Sanremo)
Stage 2: Mini Strade on Beneluxian dirt roads
Stage 3: Mini Amstel
Stage 4: Mini Ronde
Stage 5: Mini Liege
Stage 6: Mini Roubaix

No TT's or sprinter stages to spoil it. Let the best classics all-rounder win.
 
Re:

Velolover2 said:
I like the BinckBanck Tour but instead of racing it in the autumn what about using it as an early warm-up to the classics? Sagan, GVA, Gilbert, Valverde, Benoot, Stybar, Terpstra, Kwiatkowski, Wellens, Moscon, potentially Nibali.. all in one race.

Stage 1: 250k costal stage with soft climbs (Mini Sanremo)
Stage 2: Mini Strade on Beneluxian dirt roads
Stage 3: Mini Amstel
Stage 4: Mini Ronde
Stage 5: Mini Liege
Stage 6: Mini Roubaix

No TT's or sprinter stages to spoil it. Let the best classics all-rounder win.
I like the idea, but you won't find any bigger climbs than De Wandelaar on the Benelux coast :D
 
Re:

Velolover2 said:
I like the BinckBanck Tour but instead of racing it in the autumn what about using it as an early warm-up to the classics? Sagan, GVA, Gilbert, Valverde, Benoot, Stybar, Terpstra, Kwiatkowski, Wellens, Moscon, potentially Nibali.. all in one race.

Stage 1: 250k costal stage with soft climbs (Mini Sanremo)
Stage 2: Mini Strade on Beneluxian dirt roads
Stage 3: Mini Amstel
Stage 4: Mini Ronde
Stage 5: Mini Liege
Stage 6: Mini Roubaix

No TT's or sprinter stages to spoil it. Let the best classics all-rounder win.
There is no space on the calendar for that.
Besides that, the Benelux don't get to see many races during the summer months.
 
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Why would that be better? So the puncheurs who have like 60/70% of all interesting classic courses and hilly stage races can win another one? (eg Valverde)

I like the diversity of the Benelux tour the last few years. Cobble riders, puncheurs, tt-ers and even some gt men mixed in the results.
Have you looked at this years route? It's horrible. The diversity is gone when they don't include a mini L-B-L. A TT, some chances for sprinters and a Limburg & Flemish classics race that are proving not to be hard enough. Boring as hell. It's almost the same route as 2 years ago with the WC in Qatar but now there is no reason to do so.
 
Mar 22, 2011
410
0
0
Re:

El Pistolero said:
Bahrain-Merida has been in talk with Wout Van Aert. He could earn € 1.000.000 per year with them.
I hope he will go to Trek or AG2R or Cannondale for building up a strong team to against QS.
 
Re: Re:

toolittle said:
El Pistolero said:
Bahrain-Merida has been in talk with Wout Van Aert. He could earn € 1.000.000 per year with them.
I hope he will go to Trek or AG2R or Cannondale for building up a strong team to against QS.
Gilbert is already 35, Terpstra 33 and Stybar 32. Lampaert is out of contract for next year. If QS does not sign a new star soon, they wont be a problem for long.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS