• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Official Wout Van Aert thread

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Honestly, a few kilos shed, and this guy can compete in a Grand Tour. Those dreaming that Cancellara would be able to do it were just dreaming but this guy is something else. My God. And he just gets stronger and stronger throughout.
If I had a $5 ribble voucher for every time somebody said that about Sagan, I could pre-buy my 2025 Wout van Aert commemorative Vuelta a Espana gold doubloon now.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Not sure what Roundabout is insinuating here. Zeeman got a fine and kicked out of the Tour for being aggressive towards UCI officials during bike checks. Not specifically the bike of van Aert.

Van Aert got fined for littering and for pushing off against a car.

I am insinuating nothing. He looked pretty done on the Fleuries and then came back. A little team car help would explain it.

If I had a $5 ribble voucher for every time somebody said that about Sagan, I could pre-buy my 2025 Wout van Aert commemorative Vuelta a Espana gold doubloon now.

Yes, and when did Sagan ride up mountains with the top 10 on GC in the final week of a GT after consecutive days riding a long time on the front, and being a favourite for the upcoming ITT?

Right, didn't think so.

Last edited:
Regardless of having drafted or not its incredible what he did today. The most versatile rider in many years.
I hope he goes all out for the TT and in Paris, tomorrow he can 'rest' if there is a bunch sprint.

He is also looking more as a contender for the road race although there are a few others with an higher chance of winning.

Reactions: hayneplane
3rd on the stage leading the yellow jersey group even after dropping the likes of Uran, Valverde and Adam Yates when doing his turn on the front as domestique deluxe.

He should clearly be the number one option for Belgium in the worlds road race.

There are not many top tier time trialists still in the race so a top 3 ride on Stage 20 is very possible if he is given the green light to go full gas and wants to take a shot at it.

3rd on the stage leading the yellow jersey group even after dropping the likes of Uran, Valverde and Adam Yates when doing his turn on the front as domestique deluxe.

He should clearly be the number one option for Belgium in the worlds road race.

There are not many top tier time trialists still in the race so a top 3 ride on Stage 20 is very possible if he is given the green light to go full gas and wants to take a shot at it.

Why wouldn’t he be given the green light?

Surely he'll be given green light. Only reasons for him not to go all out are to save his legs for Champs-Elysees or Worlds. I would assume he'll decide that his odds of winning the TT are better than on Champs-Elysees and he has enough time to recover for Worlds, meaning he will go for it.

The other reason to hold him back might be to allow for Roglic to stamp his authority on the race or Dumoulin to salvage something and boost his confidence. Too many ways that can go wrong, though, so if I'm TJV I tell them all to go full gas and may the best man win.

Yes, and when did Sagan ride up mountains with the top 10 on GC in the final week of a GT after consecutive days riding a long time on the front, and being a favourite for the upcoming ITT?

Right, didn't think so.

For the upcoming ITT and one of the favorites for the final sprint on the Champs-Élysées (if he is going all out) or potential sprint today (stage 19).
Then next week he'll be favorite for the WC TT and the WC Road Race.
And then in the second half of October two major (biggest?) targets with RvV and P-R..
Pretty insane to know that he already had a 'peak' with MSR and Strade.
He is actually quite dominant at the moment.
This could be a truly special year (which it already is offcourse) if he manages to win one or more big races this year.

He will surely not be riding any CX in the winter will he? Or to a very limited extend I assume (and maybe hope)?

Reactions: Sandisfan
For the upcoming ITT and one of the favorites for the final sprint on the Champs-Élysées (if he is going all out) or potential sprint today (stage 19).
And then in the second half of October two major (biggest?) targets with RvV and P-R..
This could be a truly special year (which it already is offcourse) if he manages to win one or more big races this year.

He will surely not be riding any CX in the winter will he? Or to a very limited extend I assume (and maybe hope)?

I think he will be riding cross but I don't know for certain.

Last i heard is that he would ride CX. How much is anyone's guess.

TRENDING THREADS