• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Official Wout Van Aert thread

Page 134 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I get that you have a huge hard on for MVDP but I think it's pretty silly to act like whenever MVDP wins it's because he is the best and whenever he loses it's because he "isn't 100%" .

its not a hard on but tell yourself that if you want thats okei. Nah its nothing to do with that its simply whenever WVA and MVDP has clashed in goals for them both 95% of the time MVDP has a power which WVA cant match certaintly not the first time it happens fact is WVA never wins when MVDP lines up in a race he targets nothing to do with fanboyism its just a record over their their entire careeer wether you like that or not its nothing i can do about that.

And yet again MVDP showcased again his raw power output is unmatched which he time after time has proved vs the other biggest hitters - which he again did this time vs the biggest hitters you should see what both Ganna and Pog said afterwords and oh noone knows better than WVA the numbers MVDP can reach.

I say again, people outside the inner circle of cycling dont understand what it takes to ride away from Ganna, WVA and POG at that speed on a 2 % gradient the actuall number it requires at that speed is really hard to fathom not about anything else, as i said you should ask Pogacar if they wonder he said it best himself after Milan Sanremo he might have a hard on too.

What on earth is happening in this thread? MVDP and Wout are different riders with some overlap. MVDP has better acceleration, Wout is more versatile. Wout won the Mont Ventoux stage in the Tour, and the ITT, and a sprint stage a couple years ago. He served as a critical mountain dom last year. He is a top 3-4 ITTer and is competitive in just about every classic. He does things MVDP cannot.

Wout is more like a burlier, better Pidcock. If you put him on the right program, he might be able to win the Tour. The same is not true for MVDP. Also, didn’t Wout win 3 cyclocross world championships in a row before he went to the road? He had been much more Road centric than MVDP since then.

MVDP is better at picking his races and his moments and unleashing devastating force. Big, big display by him. But this anti-Wout drivel is asinine.

MVDP has better acceleration, Wout is more versatile.
People keep saying this, and I suppose it's true in a very narrow way. WVA is a much more versatile road cyclist, which makes sense within this Professional Road Racing forum.

MVDP is a far more versatile cyclist, though, as evidenced by his upper hand in CX and being one of the best MTBers in the world despite only being a relative dabbler in that discipline.

Of the seasons Wout won his CX worlds, he was not really the dominant rider in any of them.

Last edited:
What on earth is happening in this thread? MVDP and Wout are different riders with some overlap. MVDP has better acceleration, Wout is more versatile. Wout won the Mont Ventoux stage in the Tour, and the ITT, and a sprint stage a couple years ago. He served as a critical mountain dom last year. He is a top 3-4 ITTer and is competitive in just about every classic. He does things MVDP cannot.

Wout is more like a burlier, better Pidcock. If you put him on the right program, he might be able to win the Tour. The same is not true for MVDP. Also, didn’t Wout win 3 cyclocross world championships in a row before he went to the road? He had been much more Road centric than MVDP since then.

MVDP is better at picking his races and his moments and unleashing devastating force. Big, big display by him. But this anti-Wout drivel is asinine.
basicly WVA is more versatile cause he chooses and MVDP dont prioritze beeing at best mediocer at climbing as WVA is. Bascicly what WVA is hes versatile but MVDP is way stronger and more talented gifted, hence tohis O2 recory and power output is unmatched everyone know this, And duo to that power output WVA cant reach its also pretty consensus in the cycling environment that if MVDP choosed and trained for it he would be the best TT pretty easy.

Theres no anti WVA in this thread i have seen, If you dont like anyone saying it straight to you as it is what the results have proved their entire career and its hurtfull look no more than the results WVA vs MVDP you dont exactly need to be a rocket scientic to figure out MVDP top lvl is and has always so far in their career been on a lvl WVA cant match its pretty simple. (nor can anyone else which again was showcased)

Last edited:
WVA obv wins many races MVDP dont prioritze or bother about as he should since WVA is a generational talent himself. Just cause hes a poor mans MVDP by no means mean the guy isnt a generational talent himself, just so happens he rides in a time with a monster. The end why is something as obvious as this hard for some people to understand? Its not like just making stuff up, their results their entire career just proves it like cmon...

I have deep insight in the inner circle of pro cycling and let me just tell you theres NOONE who can match MVDP pure power output in race and if you ask anyone in cyclign riders coaches u name it noone will tell you otherwice.....and I have had conversation by no other than the man himself which this thread is called after, trust me theres noone in the world who knows excactly this better than WVA himself, he cant reach the lvl of POWER OUTPUT and sustain it for a serious amount of time he just cant there no shame cause noone else can either....so anyone shouldnt be salty or mad about it in that case thats just cringy af.

Reactions: Sandisfan
basicly WVA is more versatile cause he chooses and MVDP dont prioritze beeing at best mediocer at climbing as WVA is. Bascicly what WVA is hes versatile but MVDP is way more talented gifted to his Oxygen recory and power output is unmatched everyone know this, WVA better than anyone. If you dont like anyone saying it straight to you and its hurtfull look no more than the results WVA vs MVDP you dont exactly need to be a rocket scientic to figure out MVDP top lvl is and has always so far in their career been on a lvl WVA cant match its pretty simple. (nor can anyone else which again was showcased)

WVA obv wins many races MVDP dont prioritze or bother about as he should since WVA is a generational talent himself. Just cause hes a poor mans MVDP by no means mean the guy isnt a generational talent himself, just so happens he rides in a time with a monster. The end why is something as obvious as this hard for some people to understand? Its not like jsut making stuff up, their results their entire career just proves it like cmon...

I have deep insight in the inner circle of pro cycling and let me just tell you theres NOONE who can match MVDP pure power output in race and have had conversation by no other than the man himself which this thread is called after, trust me theres noone in the world who knows excactly this better than WVA himself so anyone shouldnt be salty or mad about it in that case thats just cringy af.
Mathieu will never be as good a climber as Van Aert is. He lacks the endurance for it. That's not a conscious choice, he just can't do it. Even in cyclocross, if a race is really hard, usually Van Aert has the better of Van der Poel. Recently it's been getting worse because of VDP's back issues, but it's always been the case that the harder the race, the worse it is for VDP. You can't simply argue away Van Aert's strength because you think VDP can do everything better if he only wanted to. He has tried, and he failed.

Mathieu will never be as good a climber as Van Aert is. He lacks the endurance for it. That's not a conscious choice, he just can't do it. Even in cyclocross, if a race is really hard, usually Van Aert has the better of Van der Poel. Recently it's been getting worse because of VDP's back issues, but it's always been the case that the harder the race, the worse it is for VDP. You can't simply argue away Van Aert's strength because you think VDP can do everything better if he only wanted to. He has tried, and he failed.
Ilmaestro and vwpe make Senna look like a scholar. Now wait for Van Aert to do something Van der Poel can't, to see him argue that's exactly the reason why Van der Poel could do that as well (and better).

• Haha
Reactions: VayaVayaVaya
WVA can climb ok i dont disagree but hes not a top 20climber or close in the world so it really isnt anything that do anything basicly at all for what these guys want.

Anyway this can turn into something which its not, its about what their maximum lvl is and that MVDP is just stronger which he times and times proves - thats not debatable its just results over their entire career and for me stating as obvious as to the reason why that is shouldnt hurt anyone.
WVA is a legend and i have a better relationship with him than anyone of you have combined so pls dont mix it up.

Just that people shouldnt be surprised when MVDP puts the hammer down he cant follow for 80% of his career he hasnt be able too, WVA would tell you this himself. (thats no shade on WVA cause noone else can either and i honestly doubt many people ever could, the power lvl he can put out is actually crazy ask pogacar if your in doubt)

Last edited:
basicly WVA is more versatile cause he chooses and MVDP dont prioritze beeing at best mediocer at climbing as WVA is. Bascicly what WVA is hes versatile but MVDP is way stronger and more talented gifted, hence tohis O2 recory and power output is unmatched everyone know this, And duo to that power output WVA cant reach its also pretty consensus in the cycling environment that if MVDP choosed and trained for it he would be the best TT pretty easy.

Theres no anti WVA in this thread i have seen, If you dont like anyone saying it straight to you as it is what the results have proved their entire career and its hurtfull look no more than the results WVA vs MVDP you dont exactly need to be a rocket scientic to figure out MVDP top lvl is and has always so far in their career been on a lvl WVA cant match its pretty simple. (nor can anyone else which again was showcased)
This is really hard to read. Can you try using bulletpoints or bold key points?

WVA can climb ok i dont disagree but hes not a top 20climber or close in the world so it really isnt anything that do anything basicly at all for what these guys want Anyway this can turn into something which is not its about what their maximum lvl is and the MVDP is just stronger which he times and times proves thats not debatable and for me stating as obvious as to the reason why that is shouldnt hurt anyone. WVA is a legend and i have a better relationship with him than anyone of you have combined so pls dont mix it up.

Just that people shouldnt be surprised when MVDP puts the hammer down he cant follow for 80% of his career he hasnt be able WVA would tell you this himself. (thats no shade on WVA cause noone else can either and i honestly doubt many people ever could, the power lvl he can put out is actually crazy ask pogacar if your in doubt)
Look, I don't care if you kissed Wout van Aert goodnight yesterday, you are clearly an MVDP fan and that's fine. But WVA has certain qualities that MVDP doesn't have, and vice versa. It's pointless arguing them with you though :)

I have deep insight in the inner circle of pro cycling and let me just tell you theres NOONE who can match MVDP pure power output in race and if you ask anyone in cyclign riders coaches u name it noone will tell you otherwice.....and I have had conversation by no other than the man himself which this thread is called after, trust me theres noone in the world who knows excactly this better than WVA himself,
Man we all know Van der Peol is better cyclist than Belgian pozzato, old news.

What other gossip or insight can you give us from your sources deep in the peloton? What's is like to has a conversation with Belgian Pozzato in person? He is a nice guy? Does he have 2006 milano sanremo poster on his wall? Who is going to win the Giro so we can end all debate from roglic and evenpeol fanboys?

Man we all know Van der Peol is better cyclist than Belgian pozzato, old news.

What other gossip or insight can you give us from your sources deep in the peloton? What's is like to has a conversation with Belgian Pozzato in person? He is a nice guy? Does he have 2006 milano sanremo poster on his wall? Who is going to win the Giro so we can end all debate from roglic and evenpeol fanboys?
hahah i guess i just have in general low thoughts on people here hence my dr obvious post but yeah haha.

WVA is a genuin nice guy he truly is, humble too, champion on and off the bike.

Roglic is gonne win giro barring any accident.

like i said in the msr topic. WVA will always win more races consistently on the road as he can simply do more and win on more terrains.

And VDP is more likely, imo, to end up with the better monument palmares as he is simply more specialized/uniquely suited to winning big classics. He ticks all the boxes for that: great endurance, great sprint, huge acceleration, quick recovery between interval efforts.

like i said in the msr topic. WVA will always win more races consistently on the road as he can simply do more and win on more terrains.

And VDP is more likely, imo, to end up with the better monument palmares as he is simply more specialized/uniquely suited to winning big classics. He ticks all the boxes for that: great endurance, great sprint, huge acceleration, quick recovery between interval efforts.
Probably. I still feel that Van Aert should be better suited to a dry Roubaix than MvdP is.

And I wonder to some degree if Jumbo don't just focus too much on threshold stuff for the monuments or if it's really just a difference in innate ability.

Probably. I still feel that Van Aert should be better suited to a dry Roubaix than MvdP is.

And I wonder to some degree if Jumbo don't just focus too much on threshold stuff for the monuments or if it's really just a difference in innate ability.
MVDP vs WVA
It must be difficult for you dutch guys. Cheer for the dutch guy or the dutch team.
Do you dutch guys need your own thread? I can whip one up like I did for the vikings.

• Haha
some guys here are really cute. Ask anyone in cycling what they think of WVA vs MVDP or ask WVA himself what he thinks and whos stronger..

No matter terrain theyve raced their entire career head2head you guys know the stats? MVDP wins 80% and not making it up its happened and you guys honetsly on here thinking its about fanboy or not some of you guys for real live some funny denial mode.

If your uncertain you guys should WVA himself, he says straight up MVDP always been stronger than him not that he needed cause the results really speak for itself like some fanboys really are something else not that were making up the results .....Thats it cause its really nothing more to be said unique and great rider just a poor mans MVDP in regards of strenght and power and thats it and its no shame cause no other in the pro field is close either. Now if you guys wanne tell urself something else and pretend the results their entire career is not real for some wierd thats fine too. Not gonne bother enjoy

TRENDING THREADS