• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Official 1 year ban

El Pistolero said:
Belgian news said it as well.

And off topic:

Justin Henin retired for good because her elbow doesn't allow her to play on pro level again.

Ah what a shame. I liked Justine. By far my favourite top player due to the balls it takes to win when your 160cm and have a 1 handed backhand.

Never had it all right in her head though i think.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Eurosport news has just called the state of Alberto Contadors ban to " 1 year" 18.44 gmt.

Do you know when they let the ban go in, whether he would be able to compete in the Vuelta, if the ban would remain a single year that is

rzombie1988 said:
I hope the UCI contests this and adds another year onto it. It's no fair that he only gets one while everyone else gets 2.

If there's enough wailing, Pat will have a 'gosh-darnit! UCI wanted 2 but he only got one!' quote where he shifts the burden onto Pharmador's federation followed by some vague statements about process. And that will be the end of it. If there's no wailing, no statement.

Why? Pat wants Pharmador back in the show. Li FuYu? Not so much.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
the asian said:
WADA or UCI will probabaly appeal to C.A.S

Seems like both sides would want to appeal it to CAS, right? WADA because it's too lenient and Contador b/c he claims it's from tainted meat.

not sure what happens in such a case...

eleven said:
Seems like both sides would want to appeal it to CAS, right? WADA because it's too lenient and Contador b/c he claims it's from tainted meat.

not sure what happens in such a case...

Can't imagine AC would win such an appeal. The WADA code is pretty specific about the strict liability issue. If I understand it correctly, they've essentially accepted his defense and reduced the ban to the maximum amount permitted under the code. Better to save his time and money to respond to the possible WADA/UCI appeal. In effect it would only be a 7 month suspension since he's been out of competition since the end of July.

Curious, does Astana come after him for his salary??? This could get dicey...

TRENDING THREADS