Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012)

Page 104 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
thirteen said:
lighting, removing furniture, and MAJOR over-processing, pseudo HDR and the like. looks like sh*te, imo, but Lance isn't known for his good taste (just ostentation).

the photo was clearly staged.
I find it fascinating that he would have the photo staged, taken, and altered. Knowing him to be a micromanager, he probably okayed the alterations, perhaps several times. Maybe he had multiple pics taken so he could choose between them. After all that work he posts the pic to show himself relaxing in his crib. It makes you wonder what the purpose is. Is the pic meant for his enemies or his friends? Is the purpose to stick it to those who brought him down or a message to the few followers he has left that he is doing fine?
 
“I would say it was agonizing,” Burke said in an interview his office at Trek headquarters here. “Here’s someone who had been a great partner with Trek for a long time. You know, you’ve been hearing, ‘I’m clean. I’m clean.’ And then all of a sudden, ‘No, you’re not.’”
“Every once in a while it would come up,” Burke said of the doping allegations lodged against Armstrong. “And, you know, he would vehemently deny it. And he had been tested 800 times. There was no evidence.”
“They’ve got a lot of problems,” Burke said of the fallout Armstrong has caused. “They’ve got bigger problems than me. But Trek has been a great partner for them.”

Burke said it was the right decision for Trek. “I want to make the right decision. Just make the right call. People disagree with it or whatever, we can deal with it. We move on. And for Lance, that was the right call for Trek to make.

“If it was a negative in the marketplace or a positive in the marketplace, it really didn’t matter to me. We are going to be in business for 100 years,” he said.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/178879141.html?ipad=y
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
BroDeal said:
I find it fascinating that he would have the photo staged, taken, and altered. Knowing him to be a micromanager, he probably okayed the alterations, perhaps several times. Maybe he had multiple pics taken so he could choose between them. After all that work he posts the pic to show himself relaxing in his crib. It makes you wonder what the purpose is. Is the pic meant for his enemies or his friends? Is the purpose to stick it to those who brought him down or a message to the few followers he has left that he is doing fine?
It would take a total Tool to have a display like that in your house. That's like the aged supermodel that has nude shots of themselves above their fireplace...exactly like that. The models usually acknowledge they were plastic but they did it to level the posing field with younger poseurs.

You gotta wonder what else he does on that couch while he's lying there...
 
Oldman said:
It would take a total Tool to have a display like that in your house. That's like the aged supermodel that has nude shots of themselves above their fireplace...exactly like that. The models usually acknowledge they were plastic but they did it to level the posing field with younger poseurs.

You gotta wonder what else he does on that couch while he's lying there...
More like Middle Eastern dictators with oil paintings of themselves in military regalia.
 
Jul 11, 2009
283
0
0
John Burke, president of Trek Bicycle Corp., paused for a few moments when he was asked what it felt like when he made the decision to sever the company’s long relationship with Lance Armstrong, the now disgraced champion cyclist.

“I would say it was agonizing,” Burke said in an interview his office at Trek headquarters here. “Here’s someone who had been a great partner with Trek for a long time. You know, you’ve been hearing, ‘I’m clean. I’m clean.’ And then all of a sudden, ‘No, you’re not.’”
Burke continued :

"So, our first instinct was to have our Congressman, Sensenbrenner, attack the fine folks at USADA. When that failed, we really had no other choice. If only the public smearing of USADA had worked a little better and that ******* McCain didn't trump Sensenbrennerr's complaints with his support. Maybe we could have dragged this out long enough to shut it down and we wouldn't be where we are today. Ah, if only... As I said, agonizing."
 
Its a professional shot, taken with a very wide angle lens, way more than a 28. Its also used diffused light (the silver umbrellas), light meters and all the lens settings. And post produced in pchop. Staged without a shadow of doubt.

Its was complete BS to suggest its provocative or upsetting, everyone has had a giggle, the media are making fun of him as a has been, and there are numerous humerous chop jobs like mine. In fact the picture frames are like a red rag to a bull for chopping. It has not achieved any desired result other than make him out to be even more deranged than previously suspected, certainly in the public eye.

Which begs the question, why bother?
 
Jul 29, 2012
102
0
0
autologous said:
Burke continued :

"So, our first instinct was to have our Congressman, Sensenbrenner, attack the fine folks at USADA. When that failed, we really had no other choice. If only the public smearing of USADA had worked a little better and that ******* McCain didn't trump Sensenbrennerr's complaints with his support. Maybe we could have dragged this oput long enough to shut it down and we wouldn't be where we are today. Ah, if only... As I said, agonizing."
:D:D It would be even funnier if there was no truth in it, so agonising.
 
Turner29 said:
Armstrong is like Hitler in the Fuhrerbunker.
I'd say that the postwar analogy is much the better one. The "forget the past" approach is an approach taken by a lot of the Continent after the war. The UCI folks appropriate that approach for their own promotional purposes.

I'd put Armstrong in the place of the "willing accomplices" after the war--uncertain of his place in a very different world.

But that, of course, is taking sport way too seriously.
 
Mar 26, 2009
342
0
0
Oldman said:
It would take a total Tool to have a display like that in your house. That's like the aged supermodel that has nude shots of themselves above their fireplace...exactly like that. The models usually acknowledge they were plastic but they did it to level the posing field with younger poseurs.
...]
I have a room in the basement where I keep my bikes, bike clothes, etc. and I have some shelves in there where I have a bunch of cycling trophies I've won, and also have my yearly race numbers pinned to the wall. Does that make me a tool?

If I had a giant mansion AND had won the yellow jersey at the Tour de France I'm pretty sure I'd probably frame it and put it on the wall too.
 
good article at SBN, the title alone says it all: Lance Armstrong – time to take out the trash
Lance Armstrong once symbolized hope to hundreds of millions of people, a person everyone wanted to meet once in their lifetime. Lance Armstrong was never that person. The real Lance Armstrong walks away from the foundation he created and posts a pictures that serves to insult the intelligence of the millions who once believed in him. Lance Armstrong is the ugly American.
just for sh*t and giggles, i decided to check his Facebook page and, yup, it's still there:
Athlete
7-time Tour de France winner, full time cancer fighter - LIVESTRONG!
 
May 26, 2009
460
0
0
Someone must luv him since this is his " twitter profile " :
@lancearmstrong
Raising my 5 kids. Fighting Cancer. Swim, bike, run and golf whenever I can.
Austin, TX · mellowjohnnys.com

with 3.819,440 following just now ! When i last looked , a while back , he was around 3.2M ! Are there more now wondering what he will be saying ?

When i can only get 174 + or - , he must have something still worth saying ?

What was it with the Giraffes in the Photo ? Long neck , sticking out ?

Wonder what microchip will post in " Pelotoon "?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY