• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

OK Sky fans, Geezus or Froome?

Which Sky rider would you prefer to win the TdF: Thomas or Froome?

• Geezus

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Dawg

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Vino Option: Any other Sky personage, including Wiggo, Brailsford, that Chimp Doctor, Fran, etc

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
All right, finally got the poll to work. Personally voted for Thomas. I'd rather root for the underdog (as strange as that sounds to call someone from Sky that). Also I don't know where cycling goes from here if Froome just keeps on winning everything on and on. If CF wins the Tour, wins the Vuelta again, then what? What happens next year? For me, it's just too much; although I'm sure it would be massive for his fans.

I kinda want Froome to complete his streak, winning the Giro and Tour in one year and also take a record-equalling fifth Tour title. I hope he doesn't have to attack his teammate for that to happen though, although I don't want G to crack either.

Re: Re:

rick james said:
Koronin said:
I'd prefer Thomas, but I won't be watching regardless.
Lol, sure you won’t

With my work load for the rest of this week and next week, plus going out of town mid next week through the weekend where we (family) will be enjoying the Indy Car race it actually won't be that hard to not watch it. Plus last year when Valverde got hurt I didn't watch another stage of that Tour either. Sorry, but last year showed me that I can EASILY find other things to do and watch, and when you have a lot of work makes it real easy.

I'm not a 'fan' of sky because I'm not a 12 year old girl. That being said I can see an argument for both. Dominant as Froome is he is getting on, he needs the 5th tour and giro tdf double to cement his legacy. G on the other hand deserves it if nothing else for the shifts he has put in over the last few years and his bad luck. Whoever wins I hope they get far enough ahead that sky know one of them will win and just let them kick the *** out of each other over the last week for the spectacle.

In Froome's autobiography, he talked quite a bit about why he thought it was a mistake, back in 2011, for him to be made to work for Wiggins at the Vuelta while he was in the red jersey.

It would be hypocritical of him now to expect that Thomas should unconditionally work for him now.

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
Re:

wwabbit said:
In Froome's autobiography, he talked quite a bit about why he thought it was a mistake, back in 2011, for him to be made to work for Wiggins at the Vuelta while he was in the red jersey.

It would be hypocritical of him now to expect that Thomas should unconditionally work for him now.

Well the difference being it was super clear that Froome was vastly stronger to Wiggins.

It's not quite yet clear Thomas is at Froome's level, as most likely we might see today.

Re:

Singer01 said:
I'm not a 'fan' of sky because I'm not a 12 year old girl. That being said I can see an argument for both. Dominant as Froome is he is getting on, he needs the 5th tour and giro tdf double to cement his legacy. G on the other hand deserves it if nothing else for the shifts he has put in over the last few years and his bad luck. Whoever wins I hope they get far enough ahead that sky know one of them will win and just let them kick the **** out of each other over the last week for the spectacle.
13?

Re:

Singer01 said:
I'm not a 'fan' of sky because I'm not a 12 year old girl. That being said I can see an argument for both. Dominant as Froome is he is getting on, he needs the 5th tour and giro tdf double to cement his legacy. G on the other hand deserves it if nothing else for the shifts he has put in over the last few years and his bad luck. Whoever wins I hope they get far enough ahead that sky know one of them will win and just let them kick the **** out of each other over the last week for the spectacle.
He’s already cemented his legacy, he could call it quits tomorrow and would go down as one of the greats

TRENDING THREADS