• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Olympic Road Race.....250 KM

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Even for the Top Ranked Countries Points wise, which can field up to 5 riders each in the male race, it's difficult to control the peloton in a one day race held every four years, with big purses awarded to winners by their olympic commitees.....Some countries place a big deal of effort into putting together the best possible team, well rounded with domestiques, captains, and leaders (usually mass sprinters given the mostly flat parcours)........UK, being the host nation; with a great development on the road lately on top of it's Top Ranked status on track, is well suited with a well rounded team eager to work on behalf of Mark. I was surprise that Germany bypassed Kittel: two Guns instead of one, as Greipel sometimes seems to get overblown that the creme on long journeys...Spain has an aging team, with a guy like Freire not getting any younger.....US may surprise if finally the two Tylers can work it out.......Italy is always dangerous, plenty of new talent....Just renew, Paolo, renew the team already.....And how about the breakway artists without pressure, such as Colombia, the Eastern Block Nations, etc? Less predictable the the Worlds

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I did not forget Belgium, Australia,.... but France¨;

Panda Claws said:
I do not understand what we are supposed to post here? What is this thread for? General Olympic discussion?

If we should list powerful blocks then you should not forget Belgium, France and the Netherlands.
France is not what it used to be.....

TRENDING THREADS