• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 2024, February 24, one-day classic (men's)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.png

What choice does Pollitt really have though... when coming up to a few km to go?

1. Do the work as Tratnik is obviously not going to... keep away from chasing group, likely come 2nd but hey, never know... maybe a ~5% chance of a win if something happens with Tratnik and probably a 90% chance of coming top 2.

2. Sit back and do nothing. He knows Tratnik won't take it up and they will both be absorbed into the chasers... probably come ~15th and be the highest UAE finisher and probably mean that it is a ~90% TVL win anyway with van Aert and Laporte strongest two guys in group.

1 is really the only choice. Both for self and for the team.

Even Naesen is now doing good again. What's going on in that team. I mean they are also a bit lucky, they missed the first echelon, got bailed out a bit in de the end, but their results are really good (also on their way to a good result in France and ofcourse UAE).
He got boxed in by Wout in the sprint, had more speed so could even be a podium today. I'm happy he's back in the mix after some bad seasons.

Even Naesen is now doing good again. What's going on in that team. I mean they are also a bit lucky, they missed the first echelon, got bailed out a bit in de the end, but their results are really good (also on their way to a good result in France and ofcourse UAE).
I might be wrong but I think Gautherat was the second fastest on the Kapelmuur behind Wellens. They are performing at a very high level indeed.

yeah, a bit lucky, but Gautharet was also 2nd over the Muur from the peloton, as far as I could see.

edit: as mentioned above. Missed those posts

TRENDING THREADS