On a brighter note: Florida Clean Ride Fund

Apr 23, 2012
http://www.floridacleanridefund.com/

"The fund will be a place where riders, sponsors, teams, and fans of true and fair competition can work together to generate the funding needed for USADA testing. The Florida Clean Ride Fund will also take on the role of coordinator between the USADA, event promoters and FRCA to ensure that every step in the implementation of testing at FRCA events runs smoothly. The fund allows those who want to support clean and fair sport to do just that. Donating sponsors, teams, and riders have the option to remain anonymous or be recognized publicly on the website and in other marketing as contributors and supporters of clean and fair sport."

Maybe this is old news but I hadn't heard of this before. Hopefully it takes off in other states as well.

Raul Ramaya said:
Maybe this is old news but I hadn't heard of this before. Hopefully it takes off in other states as well.
The fund was started because of some regional Track Masters that were on the USAC 2011(??) podium at their National Championships tested positive for PED's. Their stories are definitely buried in the Idiot Masters Fattie thread.

They didn't even stop the doping cycle before nationals to return a false negative. Once again, anti-doping is not a priority for USAC. Cheaters welcome ...

Apr 23, 2012
Well the model sounds promising. It seems to me that there are lots of older riders with the means to contribute to such a fund. I could even see it becoming a badge of honor (peer pressure) to contribute -- even if you are using. That's really what needs to happen IMHO. To change behavior you need to make it so you would die of embarrassment if you were caught. (Plus you need to increase the likelihood of getting caught in the first place)

ASK THE COMMUNITY