• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

PETA: Death and doping

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
veganrob said:
I could tell you a lot of stories about doping race horses that would make you sick.

Ditto.
And maiming them to collect insurance money.
I really hope there's a special place in H€LL for a lot of members of the racing community.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Tyre Byter said:
Ditto.
And maiming them to collect insurance money.
I really hope there's a special place in H€LL for a lot of members of the racing community.

It's a meat factory designed primarily for gambling. There's little real 'sport' to the sport.

I'm a complete sport omnivore - hell, I could watch comeptitive tiddlywinks if the competitiors cared enough - but I am always happy that horse racing is an exception.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
martinvickers said:
It's a meat factory designed primarily for gambling. There's little real 'sport' to the sport .

Agree with you there.
Just watched the video. Thanks, BG.
I'm not always a fan of PETA and their tactics but they did scratch the surface of the rot for the uninitiated.
There's just something about horses that can bring out the worst in humans-from thoroughbred racing to 4-H pony shows.

RIP Barbaro (& the many, many, many generations of others)

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Just watched the video. Thanks
buy.gif

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
come on, did no one get suspicious when Steve Asmussen was cousin of chicken?

come on, his danish mtb'er cousin smuggles PEDs in colleagues shoeboxes

skeletor.jpg