• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

PETITION FOR McQuaid and Verbruggen to resign

Oct 11, 2012
1
0
0
Visit site
Is there a public petition for Pat McQuaid and Hein Verbruggen to step down and leave the UCI?

Surely it's clear that cycling cannot make significant gains until they're gone and the UCI recalibrated? However much Vaughters, Millar, Brailsford, Greenedge, Wiggins, Pate etc move us towards the promised land, McQuaid & Verbruggen are tainted to a blood curdling degree by the last two decades and simply leave us swimming is sewage.

I understand they cannot be proven to be complicit but their handling of cycling in the last two decades has been shown to be farcicle and their inability to accept their own procedual faults and mismanagment is terrifying; meaning even before we get to Kimmage, Landis and countless other preposterous incidents, I can't see how anyone could deny they're driving train wreck of their own making? How they can still be in charge of cycling?

Surely it's time for people power to initiate the final curtain to the doping era and take back the sport we love?

I would gladly sign.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
4
0
Visit site
what has mcquaid got to do with this? yes he's a total idiot but not corrupt like verbruggen. mcquaids time was after lance's time and when lance came back I doubt mcquaid had any knowledge or proove of him doping. maybe people under him. although on 2dn thoughts now, a boss that is clueless should also resign so yes. get pat out. verbruggen should resign from ioc if he's still part of that.
 
Jul 6, 2010
173
0
0
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
what has mcquaid got to do with this? yes he's a total idiot but not corrupt like verbruggen. mcquaids time was after lance's time and when lance came back I doubt mcquaid had any knowledge or proove of him doping. maybe people under him. although on 2dn thoughts now, a boss that is clueless should also resign so yes. get pat out. verbruggen should resign from ioc if he's still part of that.


Are you serious? Pat had no idea? I hope your ability to portray sarcasm is the real issue here.
 
Jul 19, 2010
741
1
0
Visit site
spooky234 said:
Is there a public petition for Pat McQuaid and Hein Verbruggen to step down and leave the UCI?

Surely it's clear that cycling cannot make significant gains until they're gone and the UCI recalibrated? However much Vaughters, Millar, Brailsford, Greenedge, Wiggins, Pate etc move us towards the promised land, McQuaid & Verbruggen are tainted to a blood curdling degree by the last two decades and simply leave us swimming is sewage.

I understand they cannot be proven to be complicit but their handling of cycling in the last two decades has been shown to be farcicle and their inability to accept their own procedual faults and mismanagment is terrifying; meaning even before we get to Kimmage, Landis and countless other preposterous incidents, I can't see how anyone could deny they're driving train wreck of their own making? How they can still be in charge of cycling?

Surely it's time for people power to initiate the final curtain to the doping era and take back the sport we love?

I would gladly sign.

Since you are new to the CN forum, may I inform you that all doping related topics have to discussed in "The Clinic". And to answer your question, yes, there is such a petition. I have already signed it.

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=18601
 
Mar 10, 2009
140
0
0
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
what has mcquaid got to do with this? yes he's a total idiot but not corrupt like verbruggen. mcquaids time was after lance's time and when lance came back I doubt mcquaid had any knowledge or proove of him doping. maybe people under him. although on 2dn thoughts now, a boss that is clueless should also resign so yes. get pat out. verbruggen should resign from ioc if he's still part of that.
If McQuade had no knowledge of this he never would have been voted in as President of UCI. Mc Quade has been President throughout Mr Armstrong's comeback. It's the uCI that is the real problem, Armstrong is only a symptom of the problem
 
Aug 18, 2012
1,171
0
0
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
what has mcquaid got to do with this? yes he's a total idiot but not corrupt like verbruggen. mcquaids time was after lance's time and when lance came back I doubt mcquaid had any knowledge or proove of him doping. maybe people under him. although on 2dn thoughts now, a boss that is clueless should also resign so yes. get pat out. verbruggen should resign from ioc if he's still part of that.

Mcquaid is just as corrupt as Verbruggen, what about the fact that he asked the USADA to hand over all the evidence to him with the clear intention of him burying the evidence somewhere down the line.

Sylvia Schenk also complained about him receiving a salary for his position when it should be a voluntary one.
 
Jul 25, 2009
1,072
0
0
Visit site
Rediculous to suggest Pat isn't part of the problem.

Since 2009, whenever doping was in the news, he has been claiming cycling would bring in 4 year sanctions. Has it happened? Course not. Just a smoke screen for UCI inaction

Likewise he was going on about banned riders being prevented from managing or DSing teams in future. Even talked about this rule being applied retrospectively to anyone banned in the past. Meanwhile, Vino is taking up a management role in Astana.

Now, what about those dodgy 2009 passport values that didn't get picked up? That wasn't on verbruggens watch.....and what about waiving part of the 6 months OOC testing prior to Armstrongs second coming? Apparently that was ok for promotion purposes.

Anyone hear what happened to the promised investigation into the leaked suspicion index? Pretty serious when someone trusted within the biopassport is misusing the information dontchya think? While I'm on this subject, what was with the strange gaps in biopasort testing that Ashenden was worrying about? And how come the UCI needs to muzzle it's passport scientists with more confidentiality than WADA scientists need?

Landis is right. McQuaid is full of ****.

Never believe his promises that the UCI are doing everything they can to reduce the doping. Never Never Never.....the only thing they are working hard on is misleading casual fans and suing journalists. It's rediculous. Reminds me of watching a 2 year old thinking he can hide by covering his eyes.
 
spooky234 said:
Is there a public petition for Pat McQuaid and Hein Verbruggen to step down and leave the UCI?

Surely it's clear that cycling cannot make significant gains until they're gone and the UCI recalibrated? However much Vaughters, Millar, Brailsford, Greenedge, Wiggins, Pate etc move us towards the promised land, McQuaid & Verbruggen are tainted to a blood curdling degree by the last two decades and simply leave us swimming is sewage.

I understand they cannot be proven to be complicit but their handling of cycling in the last two decades has been shown to be farcicle and their inability to accept their own procedual faults and mismanagment is terrifying; meaning even before we get to Kimmage, Landis and countless other preposterous incidents, I can't see how anyone could deny they're driving train wreck of their own making? How they can still be in charge of cycling?

Surely it's time for people power to initiate the final curtain to the doping era and take back the sport we love?

I would gladly sign.
there is, as long as you're willing to put your money where your mouth is.

it's called the Paul Kimmage Defense Fund.

donate at cyclismas or nyvelocity (if you want to comment as well)

every dollar counts, no amount too small. join the 1,923 contributors and make your voice heard.

and then go bump the Paul Kimmage thread and tell people you donated.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,136
4
0
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
Mcquaid is just as corrupt as Verbruggen, what about the fact that he asked the USADA to hand over all the evidence to him with the clear intention of him burying the evidence somewhere down the line.

Sylvia Schenk also complained about him receiving a salary for his position when it should be a voluntary one.

where is your proove in there?