• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pop Ups.......Get Rid!

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry my first post on here is negative but......

For the last few days when I've been trying to follow news stories I get an annoying Lucozade pop up that blocks all the text and I can't see anyway of closing it.

It may well be a result of some setting here as I'm using my work network to access the internet, I can't be alone with this issue can I?

I understand advertising pays for the site and enables us to use it for free but it's not much use if it oscures the content!

I'm a big fan of CN by the way and have been following it daily since I found it a good few years ago.

If there is a solution please let me know!!

Many Thanks

JB

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Jaybee said:
I'm sorry my first post on here is negative but......

For the last few days when I've been trying to follow news stories I get an annoying Lucozade pop up that blocks all the text and I can't see anyway of closing it.

It may well be a result of some setting here as I'm using my work network to access the internet, I can't be alone with this issue can I?

I understand advertising pays for the site and enables us to use it for free but it's not much use if it oscures the content!

I'm a big fan of CN by the way and have been following it daily since I found it a good few years ago.

If there is a solution please let me know!!

Many Thanks

JB

G'day JB,

Welcome to the Cyclingnews forum firstly. The issue you're experiencing obviously isn't intended - it's related to Internet Explorer 6. As this browser is now two generations old if you are able to update to either IE7 or 8 then the problem shouldn't occur.

However, we understand in corporate environments machines are often locked to such updates, so our developers are looking in to fixing the issue in IE 6.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome Greg,
your right I think, pretty sure we're on I.E.6 here.

You never know one day we may get up to date!

Thanks again.