• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Post AC - who to cheer for?

Now that Contador has retired, in which rider should I emoti

• Landa - strong climber, hints of panache, AC-approved, team leader next year

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Quintana - surely he'll return to form and beat Froome via attacks in style, right?

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Chavito

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Superman Lopez

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Zakarin

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Dumoulin - took a dump and won the Giro but a bit like Froome 2.0

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Bardet - openly admitted he's not willing to put in the work to excel at the TT - not exactly the at

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Nibali - a bit like becoming a Contador fane in April 2015

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Mas - play the long game

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Aru - that pain face though

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
Becoming a Nibali fan now would be like becoming a Contador fan in April 2015? Well guess what, I became a Contador fan in 2016 :eek:

Anyway, there are a few riders in this list I'll root for. I like Dumoulin but I think as soon as another really aggressive climber who doesn't depend on his TT rides against him I'd rather root for the climber since he is probably more entertaining to watch. Therefore I'll mainly root for Nibali (although I've been a big Nibali fan for way longer than I've been a Contador fan), Landa (because the guy attacks and isn't afraid of attacking from far out) and Mas for the future, although I fear he won't be tdf winner material, but rather a typical top ten finisher who might get a podium or even a win, but will most likely not be the next dominator, considering other riders his age look more talented.

I don't get, why Landa is here and what kind of hints of panache he has. I personally don't see that. For me he's another Oscar Sevilla/Iban Mayo. For now, i'm cheering for Lopez and Bernal (after he did a Pantani on the easy side of Saises), but it might change in the future. I have a bad score, when it comes to prediciton. Still remember, when i was an Andy Schleck fanboy in 2007 Giro... Hope, none of the guys have a riding brother ;) .

Gigs_98 said:
Becoming a Nibali fan now would be like becoming a Contador fan in April 2015? Well guess what, I became a Contador fan in 2016 :eek:

Anyway, there are a few riders in this list I'll root for. I like Dumoulin but I think as soon as another really aggressive climber who doesn't depend on his TT rides against him I'd rather root for the climber since he is probably more entertaining to watch. Therefore I'll mainly root for Nibali (although I've been a big Nibali fan for way longer than I've been a Contador fan), Landa (because the guy attacks and isn't afraid of attacking from far out) and Mas for the future, although I fear he won't be tdf winner material, but rather a typical top ten finisher who might get a podium or even a win, but will most likely not be the next dominator, considering other riders his age look more talented.
I think the level at 22 and earlier can be a bit deceptive. You don't know when riders reach a ceiling. I expect Bernal and Gaudu to hit their prime early.

Nibali has been my #2 since 2010 so now he is #1. Bala was #3 so now he's #2. Both are getting long in the tooth :(
Mas and MAL are possibilities for the future, but fandom is emotional and I'm not yet in love.
Landa is also a future possibility, but he has to leave Sky for any consideration!

Re:

Carols said:
Nibali has been my #2 since 2010 so now he is #1. Bala was #3 so now he's #2. Both are getting long in the tooth :(
Mas and MAL are possibilities for the future, but fandom is emotional and I'm not yet in love.
Landa is also a future possibility, but he has to leave Sky for any consideration!
Landa has been confirmed for Movistar.
Movistar has been confirmed for bright blue jerseys next year.

Flashbacks to 2015.

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Carols said:
Landa has been confirmed for Movistar.
Movistar has been confirmed for bright blue jerseys next year.

Flashbacks to 2015.

I LOVE the new Movi kit!! Good move Landa.....he has much more possibility now :).

Obviously there can only be one.

266px-Louis_Meintjes_2015.jpg

TRENDING THREADS