• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Profile Design Aerobars - Carbon vs Aluminum (weight?)

Unless I'm missing something, the Aluminum versions appear to weigh less than the Carbon (or at least the same). So why should I pay 50% more for the Carbon versions? Also - Anyone have any knowledge of the different hand/arm position options too?

Looking for primarily for shorter Tri's. Won't be doing mega-miles on them.

Steez. You'd need to look at the specs but taking the T2+ as an example get different "better" armrests, more adjustable stack height, longer extension so more reach adjustment (although different between the two) and supposedly a more ergonomic grip on the carbon ones. Unless you're a pro Ironman/TT rider looking to get an absolutely perfect position for longer rides I think the carbon ones are a complete waste of money to be honest, but there are a lot of dentists out there.

Flatter extensions allow a slightly more aggressive position compared to up-turned ones at a cost of comfort I believe but it's not something I've tested myself.

Re:

King Boonen said:
Steez. You'd need to look at the specs but taking the T2+ as an example get different "better" armrests, more adjustable stack height, longer extension so more reach adjustment (although different between the two) and supposedly a more ergonomic grip on the carbon ones. Unless you're a pro Ironman/TT rider looking to get an absolutely perfect position for longer rides I think the carbon ones are a complete waste of money to be honest, but there are a lot of dentists out there.

Flatter extensions allow a slightly more aggressive position compared to up-turned ones at a cost of comfort I believe but it's not something I've tested myself.

May I just add ... if you don’t use a fast forward seat post with the clip ons ... or your current seat post isn’t reversible ... it’s going to be very difficult to get the aero position you want ... while retaining power, IMHO.

TRENDING THREADS