• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Proform tour de france indoor exercise bike

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried Le Tour de France Indoor cycle made by Proform? I looked into reviews on line and there were so many negative ones, I am now concerned about purchasing this exercise bike.

I am interested in finding an indoor exercise bike that has software to simulate real roads (through Google maps) and automatically adjusts the resistance. This Tour bike also adjusts for incline and decline.

wannabecyclist said:
Has anyone tried Le Tour de France Indoor cycle made by Proform? I looked into reviews on line and there were so many negative ones, I am now concerned about purchasing this exercise bike.

I am interested in finding an indoor exercise bike that has software to simulate real roads (through Google maps) and automatically adjusts the resistance. This Tour bike also adjusts for incline and decline.

I am not familiar with Proform. Have you looked at Tacx or Computrainer?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
In addition to Veganrob's recommendations, I have used the Elite Real Axiom as well. I didn't mind it, but honestly ended up going back to a simple trainer and selling the Elite Real Axiom. They can do great things (real-life DVDs, racing online, downloading courses through Google Earth, etc), but it all ended up being time-consuming and gimmicky (for me).

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
wannabecyclist said:
I am going to check out Tacx and Computrainer. And I think a friend has the Elite so I will ask him what he thinks of it.

Another option is to go with a fairly cheap "dumb" trainer & get your self a Ant+ dongle for your PC or laptop, then buy a Ant+ wireless power meter like a Stages mix this with Zwift & Veloreality (the two most realistic multiplayer solutions for riding VR or Real Video with 3d avatars), you then are able to race up the Koppenberg,Zoncolan, Ventoux etc or round a super cool 5km VR terrain with loads of other riders fighting it out to be king of the hill.

Tacx have the best route collection out there with many of the Ironman races, all the Classics & just about every single TDF/Giro mountain of note in the best quality out there, they have quite a lot of VR terrains also & multiplayer...

Elite have no VR but they have the DIY ability if you have the time free to make your own rides & don't mind reduced streaming 8bit POV cam quality. I think they may work with Zwift & Veloreality also as their software/rides are a bit of a poor relation.

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Proform has tried very hard to make an indoor training bike that’s actually fun and exciting to ride. On many levels it has succeeded in that goal, and even the issues I do have with this bike aren’t what I’d consider to be major failings.

If you need to keep the cranks turning but struggle to get out regularly, the Tour de France training bike is well worth considering. Even if you’ve found stationary bikes to be boring and uninspiring in the past, this one offers an array of unique features that could make all the difference.http://www.proformellipticalreview.com/

Doesn't look any different to any other indoor cycle. My preference is for an indoor cycle that is easy to set up and allows me to use my own bike indoors. A concern for me is overheating so I look for ways to stay cool more than recreating outdoor riding or linking to videos.

TRENDING THREADS