• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Soudal - Quick Step Thread

Page 36 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I dont think QuickStep is far away from being very competitive in cobbles again. Stybar and Lampaert is without a contract for next year, and I cant see any reason why they would renew with Stybar.

Even they have a group of “climbers” with Evenepoel, Masnada, Vansevant, VanWilder, Vervaeke, Serry and Knox and some riders more Alaphilippe-riders like Bagioli, there should be space for 2-3 more riders around their classic team.

Merlier is rumored in to fill for Cav, he is also useful in the easier classics. For the heavy stuff they need one really good rider to replace Stybar, and hopefully Alaphilippe can ride Ronde next year.

If they come to RvV 2023 with
Asgreen
Alaphilippe
NEW GUY
Senechal
Lampaert
Declerq
Van Leberghe / NEW GUY

They will have a super strong team.

QuickStep still has the same riders that dominated the cobble classics last spring. The problem is that the riders are worse and that JumboVisma did an incredible transfer season. Not that they decided to bring in some helpers for Remco/Masnada.

If Asgreen has any bad luck on Sunday getting stuck behind a crash/poorly timed mechanical etc it’s hard right now to see the team even having a rider in one of the front 3 groups let alone right at the sharp end.

The tractor not being there weakens the team if they needed to control the race but they are seen by the rest of the peloton as such a non factor right now that nobody is looking to them to set the tempo or expecting them to mark or initiate the counter attacks.

Reactions: Sandisfan
If Asgreen has any bad luck on Sunday getting stuck behind a crash/poorly timed mechanical etc it’s hard right now to see the team even having a rider in one of the front 3 groups let alone right at the sharp end.

The tractor not being there weakens the team if they needed to control the race but they are seen by the rest of the peloton as such a non factor right now that nobody is looking to them to set the tempo or expecting them to mark or initiate the counter attacks.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled...

I dont think QuickStep is far away from being very competitive in cobbles again. Stybar and Lampaert is without a contract for next year, and I cant see any reason why they would renew with Stybar.

Even they have a group of “climbers” with Evenepoel, Masnada, Vansevant, VanWilder, Vervaeke, Serry and Knox and some riders more Alaphilippe-riders like Bagioli, there should be space for 2-3 more riders around their classic team.

Merlier is rumored in to fill for Cav, he is also useful in the easier classics. For the heavy stuff they need one really good rider to replace Stybar, and hopefully Alaphilippe can ride Ronde next year.

If they come to RvV 2023 with
Asgreen
Alaphilippe
NEW GUY
Senechal
Lampaert
Declerq
Van Leberghe / NEW GUY

They will have a super strong team.

QuickStep still has the same riders that dominated the cobble classics last spring. The problem is that the riders are worse and that JumboVisma did an incredible transfer season. Not that they decided to bring in some helpers for Remco/Masnada.

Agreed if they let Stybar and Cavendish go and get a guy like Turgis in on the New Guy spot I think it is still a tremendous team.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Looks like Masnada is out of the Giro squad according to what Lefevere told Sporza today. Due to sickness. Cavendish seems to be sure to ride the Giro, i guess that means Jakobsen will be at the Tour instead of him

They're still figuring out who else will be going to the Giro, but maybe Cattaneo will take Masnada's spot. In the past interviews he said Van Wilder would go to the Giro, but he didn't mention him. Unclear whether that's because he's a certainty, or the opposite. Personally i think it would make sense to send him to the Vuelta with Evenepoel. More TT km, a TTT and with good mountain domestiques in short supply at QS, they could help each other, maybe even hold a tactical advantage over some rivals.

Looks like Masnada is out of the Giro squad according to what Lefevere told Sporza today. Due to sickness. Cavendish seems to be sure to ride the Giro, i guess that means Jakobsen will be at the Tour instead of him

They're still figuring out who else will be going to the Giro, but maybe Cattaneo will take Masnada's spot. In the past interviews he said Van Wilder would go to the Giro, but he didn't mention him. Unclear whether that's because he's a certainty, or the opposite. Personally i think it would make sense to send him to the Vuelta with Evenepoel. More TT km, a TTT and with good mountain domestiques in short supply at QS, they could help each other, maybe even hold a tactical advantage over some rivals.
WTF. U better be joking

Van Wilder is a very good talent and if in form could surely be of use to Remco in my opinion.

But for now I don’t see guys like Pogacar, Roglic and even quite a few other guys lying awake at night because Van Wilder is riding the Vuelta as a second Quickstep option next to Evenepoel for GC.

The only QS guy that could be a proper help to Remco in a GT is Cattaneo, especially at the Vuelta. I like the idea of IVW, and I’m sure that he would empty himself for Remco, but we are still very far from knowing what he can do in the WT peloton tbh. QS should send him to as many stage races with Remco as possible, he could turn out to be a valuable helper and learn a lot in the process.

The only QS guy that could be a proper help to Remco in a GT is Cattaneo, especially at the Vuelta. I like the idea of IVW, and I’m sure that he would empty himself for Remco, but we are still very far from knowing what he can do in the WT peloton tbh. QS should send him to as many stage races with Remco as possible, he could turn out to be a valuable helper and learn a lot in the process.
Masnada is better than remco

• Love

TRENDING THREADS