• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 184 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
the asian said:
Ofc it was well known that Radioshack will be ending it's sponsorship this year. The future of the team depends on Andy's results and Becca's willingness to lose more money, but I see them as one of three WT teams which will fold at the end of the year.

Who are the other two?

the asian said:
Ofc it was well known that Radioshack will be ending it's sponsorship this year. The future of the team depends on Andy's results and Becca's willingness to lose more money, but I see them as one of three WT teams which will fold at the end of the year.

that's a bit pessimistic
let's hope not all 3 will fold.
if Blanco performs well this spring...

personal said:
Who are the other two?

Blanco and Vacansoleil. Vacansoleil is currently assessing whether to continue it's sponsorship after the current ends this year. (There were reports earlier that they had decided to end it, but apparently the final decision will be taken in April) and if they are gone,with the current attention that doping is getting in the Dutch media, it would be very tough for them to find a sponsor.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vacansoleil-assessing-team-sponsorship

On the other hand I read on this forum that Gianetti (with Footon)wants to return to the WT, albeit with the intention of forming a squad around Cancellara. Don't know whether that is true though.

the asian said:
On the other hand I read on this forum that Gianetti (with Footon)wants to return to the WT, albeit with the intention of forming a squad around Cancellara. Don't know whether that is true though.

I rode with a guy who works with Footon girls team with Gianetti

he confirmed me Gianetti is in talks with Cance (and waiting what the future of the Schlecks will be)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Jens Voigt: We have a plan B in our pocket"

"It is not as if we were caught completely unprepared. We have a plan B in our pocket. One tries to identify certain tendencies early on, and act accordingly. I am optimistic that we will present a new main sponsor in due time. I am not panicking right now"

So as of now you count on riding in 2014?

"Yes, absolutely". :cool:

http://www.sport1.de/de/radsport/artikel_690762.html

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Chris Horner. Is this really you?
tumblr_l8o27cCPvg1qbljjlo1_500.jpg

I wonder who is in charge of the training plans on radioshack. The big goal of the season for Machado is the giro, yet he will only start doing high mountain specific training this week and that is the reason, according to him, why he couldn't follow the best in catalunya. what the hell has he been doing so far this season? Training for hills? what's the point of that when the giro goes over 2000m a bunch of times this year?

Parrulo said:
I wonder who is in charge of the training plans on radioshack. The big goal of the season for Machado is the giro, yet he will only start doing high mountain specific training this week and that is the reason, according to him, why he couldn't follow the best in catalunya. what the hell has he been doing so far this season? Training for hills? what's the point of that when the giro goes over 2000m a bunch of times this year?

He's been saying in his facebook account that he's training a lot in the TT bike lately. Maybe he's going to crush Wiggins in the giro :p .

Hope the guy starts doing some proper climbing..

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:

I would call it periodization. In training, the shorter hills would indicate power training upon which you build up to longer climbs. TT training of long duration can accomplish much the same as long climbs (especially in a big gear into a head wind). Although your not going uphill as much, reasonably long TT efforts accomplish much the same physiologically as long climbs. Combine shorter climbs (3-5k) for power with TT work for power/endurance and it can benefit both your TT performance and add to you ability not to fade on the longer climbs.

If you just start out training on longer climbs, you will accomplish
only certain level of good performance as a climber, and reduce you performance in the TT. Spending time on the TT bike allows the benefit of fine-tuning your position and comfort level there but also maintaining the power/endurance for the big climbs later on.

I certainly never raced much with the pros and that being at the lesser tier of here, but I did achieve vast improvement on the long climbs climb by combining similar training. A good team ride, motor pacing, or shorter race once a week, plus a easy ride home to add on endurance finishes off the day tops this off without over training. Catalunya was just training despite what was said about their goals there?

It sounds like Machado is trying to up his game in the old school which I take as a good sign on many fronts. I hope to see a breakthrough for him in the Giro.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cancellator said:
Team announces new partner, dodgy natural energy drink company!

http://www.radioshackleopardtrek.com/news/bpure-becomes-new-partner

Are the riders supposed to put this in their bidons now? :confused:

I don't know if it's dodgy... but it's actually a pretty funny story. It goes back to last summer, when Austrian football club Red Bull Salzburg got kicked out of the Europa League qualification by the Luxembourg amateur team F91 Dudelange in a very memorable 4-3 return game. This had created quite a buzz in Austrian media and social network, it was all over TV, radio and facebook. Thus the Austrian energy drink company BPURE decided to sponsor F91 Dudelange, the likeable underdog dwarf who had defeated the seemingly invincible Goliath (sponsored by their austrian energy drink competition Red Bull). F91 Dudelange is largely financed by none other than..... Flavio Becca.

TRENDING THREADS