• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radioshack-Leopard Trek

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
C'mon TSF, get serious.
Bruyneel is the Head of the Team.
He makes the announcement.
What part is not true?

http://www.teamradioshack.us/radioshack-trek-nissan-sponsors-two-more-years/

It really should read like this:

“Even before the Tour has started, I have some great newsfor you. RadioShack, Nissan and Trek have all renewed their sponsorships for 2 additional years! Unfortunately it is with Leopard Trek and not with us.

The riders and staff are extremely grateful for the support we have received from these companies (and our other sponsors). Ok, obviously the staff and riders who got bumped or sacked aren't that happy but....

And we are glad that they find tremendous value in partnering with our team.
Ok, it wont be our team anymore but I meant "our" as in the Global sense.
It’s nice for us all to go into the Tour knowing we have this support and can focus on the race!” I mean, it was nice.

Congratulations to the (Luxemburg) team, and we fans are a happy bunch! Or so Mr Becca has told me to say.

PS if anyone is interested in some secondhand Mercedez Benz give Mr Becca a call.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Forunculo said:
I think this fussion will be the funniest and the worst thing for cycling in years. Still 10 months to Tdf:mad:

He he

- By the way Andy, Lance is making a comeback in the tdf, but don't worry, the road will decide who is team leader...

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
An interesting, long interview with Becca in French:

http://www.lequotidien.lu/les-sports/26942.html

"We have a big and beautiful airplane with two co-pilots and a good crew, but there is a captain missing"

"I discussed it with the brothers Schleck, and they were completely behind the project. If it is doable, they said, then we support the arrival of Bruyneel"

"Kim Andersen (...) was happy at the arrival of Bruyneel and said that he is ready to work with him"

Thanks Christian. Interesting interview

But specifically, how did we get here?
We have had reports that the company CSE, which is the licensee of the current World Tour team RadioShack, would stop in late 2011

Clearly many here were correct when they said that Brunyeel/Armstrong were not going to continue in 2012 :D

I want to clarify this point, it is not a merger,

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
No, I'm saying that Becca is presenting the situation in his favor. And he didn't say that "Americans are not owners."

Becca clearly says this. He also confirms it is not a merger and the pay agent is all Luxembourger.

I don't doubt that CSE has a piece but there is nothing public that supports your assertion. Let us know when you find it.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
HL2037 said:
He he

- By the way Andy, Lance is making a comeback in the tdf, but don't worry, the road will decide who is team leader...

Yes Frandy, be ready to jump out of the way of the Livestrong bus, or you will both be part of the road .... not even a hood ornament. :eek:

Polish said:
BTW, here is the link to the Radioshack-Nissan-Trek extension.
Way back in late june early july.

http://www.teamradioshack.us/radioshack-trek-nissan-sponsors-two-more-years/

Nice.

That site is almost as badly designed as facts4lance.com.

An amateur fan site with the same unsourced guff. It's like an Escher painting with you. Links that circle back to the same nebulous, unnamed source or a single JB blog entry and not a single OFFICIAL press release from Nissan, Trek, Radio Shack, Livestrong, or CSE.

Here is a bit of great news to the fans of Team Radioshack. Johan Bruyneel has just released the following message on his blog.

Apparently you can't read or comprehend particularly well, as I already stated that the sole source for this whole charade was from The Hog's blog:

P.S. Did the same search with "Nissan" and the only result that came up is the same Bruyneel blog entry...

Keep trying troll.

And do some homework...

A

Anonymous

http://t.co/F2ljv8P

uci statement

The International Cycling Union is aware of the information published in the media concerning the project to create a team for the 2012 season called RadioShack-Nissan – Trek Professional Cycling Team.

The UCI has also learned from the same sources of the intention of the CSE Pro Cycling LLC – financial managers of the American team RadioShack – to give up the UCI WorldTour licence that it had been granted for the 2010-2013 period.

The UCI is currently evaluating the information received and is not available to comment further at this time.

UCI Press Services

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Weird, did the UCI ever announce anything Omega Pharma and QuickStep? Or maybe they haven't sorted out the licenses yet.

Or maybe they had the sense to inform the UCI directly instead of through the media.

Polish said:
But that is the official announcement.
I can not give you any more.
Please stop asking me for one.

Fine, we'll stop asking the grown up questions and keep it really simple for you from here on out. First grade homework from here on out. Sigh.

As I said before, in your universe it's apparently quite commonplace for billion dollar, multi-national companies like Nissan and Radio Shack to enter into multi-year, multi-million dollar sponsorship deals with elite sporting teams without a hint of fanfare. No press release, no mention on their respective web sites, nothing.

Quite a model for marketing and PR when you sponsor a sports team, yet fail to make a single press release when you renew that agreement for an additional two years, especially in a sport where multi-year sponsorship deals are the exception not the rule.

Don't worry Polish, we know you can't give us anymore. None exists.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
I think he means the Hog is the captain - the missing piece.

Yeah, I got that, it's just that the analogy requires a captain (leader) on the airplane (team). So you'd think they're talking about a rider. The Hog, in this analogy, would be the ground crew. Kind of like a ground-hog.

Race Radio said:
Thanks Christian. Interesting interview

Clearly many here were correct when they said that Brunyeel/Armstrong were not going to continue in 2012 :D

In French he is saying they acted on information he had heard that TRS was not continuing in 2012. This is what started the talks of closing down TRS and operating under the LUX license, it does not say TRS would not continue or even suggest that, while it may be true this interview does not answer that question.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
webvan said:
What I haven't seen explained is why JB (and presumably LS and BS) had decided to fold TRS in 2012?

- No potential TDF (or GT) winner?
- fear of "legal distractions"?

Maybe it was Radioshack who decided to fold it. (For those reasons.)

It would be kind of surprising if Bruyneel was putting out untruths about new deals with RS, Trek etc in the public domain with no response (denials, clarifications, lawsuits etc) from those companies. Instead they seem to have offered him a new job !

Or maybe they thought the job of trying to teach Andy to ride in the rain was punishment enough ?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
As I said before, in your universe it's apparently quite commonplace for billion dollar, multi-national companies like Nissan and Radio Shack to enter into multi-year, multi-million dollar sponsorship deals with elite sporting teams without a hint of fanfare.
Don't worry Polish, we know you can't give us anymore. None exists.

So MacRoadie, in your universe - when do you expect this "fanfare" to begin?
Will it be preceded by a drumroll?

Seriously, has an extension taken place in your opinion?
If so, when did it take place?

If you could supply a link to the extension - I would appreciate it:)

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
In French he is saying they acted on information he had heard that TRS was not continuing in 2012. This is what started the talks of closing down TRS and operating under the LUX license, it does not say TRS would not continue or even suggest that, while it may be true this interview does not answer that question.

He says very clearly in this interview, and others, that CSE would not continue with their license next year.....which is exactly what many have been saying here for months.

While it is clear CSE was done the larger question is why were they done and why were they faking like they were not? They made few actions to build a team for next year and the few steps they took were late in the game.

Did the UCI refuse to let them continue? Did their sponsors not want to be caught up in the Armstrong train wreck? A mixture of both?

Polish said:
So MacRoadie, in your universe - when do you expect this "fanfare" to begin?
Will it be preceded by a drumroll?

Seriously, has an extension taken place in your opinion?
If so, when did it take place?

If you could supply a link to the extension - I would appreciate it:)

Don't try some pathetic attempt at turning the tables. Maybe "I know you are, but what am I?" works in the intellectual circles you frequent, but I don't find it amusing.

There is no source other than a single Bruyneel blog entry. You said there were "many" yet you can't provide a single one other than a $5.00 web site with a forum that hasn't been visited in two months (which simply rehashes the Bruyneel blog).

There was no extension, therefore no press release, therefore no confirmation when Velonews asked for one.

My universe is the one where you make a statement, and when queried provide a learned response with appropriate support. Oh, and without those ridiculous smilies.

Keep it up. Keep trying to weasel out of giving an honest and factual response. You repeatedly make outlandish, factually and logically fallacious statements with little or no empirical basis or independent support.

It's all good with me. You're back on ignore. Right where ignorance belongs.

HL2037 said:
Or maybe they had the sense to inform the UCI directly instead of through the media.

Correct. If you’re doing anything with regards to licensees, changing ownership, adding in new marketing companies you’d think you’d consult with the governing body before releasing a press statement. This is has got textbook Hog written all over it – get it into the press then it’s too late to reverse anything. He pulled the same stunt on Astana last year. I don’t think a whole lot of the UCI but this “new team” has got me worried in the manner in which its been cobbled together with zero consultation with riders, owners, the governing body or anyone really. It appears Hog approached Becca & the Shlecks and they gave the green light and pulled a day light heist on the team. My only worry is poor old Andy will be losing friends on the road. The riders are not going to think a whole lot what’s been done here. Very convenient to go off for a dental operation when the news was released and for Frank to be hidden away in Parma.

thehog said:
Correct. If you’re doing anything with regards to licensees, changing ownership, adding in new marketing companies you’d think you’d consult with the governing body before releasing a press statement. This is has got textbook Hog written all over it – get it into the press then it’s too late to reverse anything. He pulled the same stunt on Astana last year. I don’t think a whole lot of the UCI but this “new team” has got me worried in the manner in which its been cobbled together with zero consultation with riders, owners, the governing body or anyone really. It appears Hog approached Becca & the Shlecks and they gave the green light and pulled a day light heist on the team. My only worry is poor old Andy will be losing friends on the road. The riders are not going to think a whole lot what’s been done here. Very convenient to go off for a dental operation when the news was released and for Frank to be hidden away in Parma.

I am not so certain the Schlecks new about it. They were probably asked after the fact along with Kim Andersen. And then what could they have said. "Its a lousy deal and we will hate riding with the new guys that will come no matter what."
Becca is more likey spinning the crono on events, so he looks a little less like the man, who went behind everybodies back.

TRENDING THREADS