• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Seriously lol?

As for AGR. Re-watch the race please, everybody was sitting on his wheel. Gilbert dragged them to the Cauberg with some help of Jelle Vanendert and still outsprinted everyone with ease.

Seriously? Jelle Vanendert was ridiculously good for Gilbert. He brought back so many attacks and did a ton of work. He was actually probably one of the top 5 strongest riders in the classics.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
I wonder what they "great surprise" will be. Last year I thought they were going to book Prince but then it ended up being a bunch of unknown showacts. It's probably too expensive to get Prince, he recently played in the very same venue (Rockhal) and tickets started at 90€.

So maybe the Bangles?

2wlzmzt.jpg

Perhaps the Schlecks will do some techno moves.

dj-tiesto-club-life-show-at-wordpress.jpeg

Looking forward to see Klöden and Horner dancing again :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-NYz8HTTYE

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Swede1 said:
Seriously? Jelle Vanendert was ridiculously good for Gilbert. He brought back so many attacks and did a ton of work. He was actually probably one of the top 5 strongest riders in the classics.

I'm only talking about the Amstel Gold Race. Yes he was good overall, but at the AGR Gilbert had to ride on the front for the final 3-4km him self and still killed everyone in the sprint. It's not my fault that that is what actually happened.

Jelle didn't bring back any attack at the AGR(he kept Andy in check), and VDB2 was also a great domestique for Gilbert at the AGR.

Yeah but at F-W he still finished 9th. And Vanendert at CSS was so strong. His TDF win was great as well. Next year it would be good to see him and JVDB square off against GILBERT ( then the lesser Ardennes riders in EVANS, GVA, BALLAN ) at the Ardennes.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
Official site launched:

http://www.radioshacknissantrek.com/

Reserve your free tickets for the team presentation on January 6th now and get ready for a "great surprise"!

Thanks for the link, Christian!
Great Site. And the "great suprise" has me totally stoked. Totally.

Also, can't help but notice:
radioshacknissantrek as the official website....
And Radioshack-Nissan-Trek on the Jersey and Bibs....
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek on all the official stuff.
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek on this.
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek on that.

The UCI will NOT be amused:(
TeamSkyFan will NOT be happy:(

But anyway, can a mod change the title of this thread from
Radioshack-Leopard-Trek
to
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek?

TIA:)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
Thanks for the link, Christian!
Great Site. And the "great suprise" has me totally stoked. Totally.

Also, can't help but notice:
radioshacknissantrek as the official website....
And Radioshack-Nissan-Trek on the Jersey and Bibs....
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek on all the official stuff.
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek on this.
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek on that.

The UCI will NOT be amused:(

Radioshack-Leopard-Trek
to
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek?

This time they'll wear pink scarfs instead of white scarfs! You heard it here first.

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
I'm only talking about the Amstel Gold Race. Yes he was good overall, but at the AGR Gilbert had to ride on the front for the final 3-4km him self and still killed everyone in the sprint. It's not my fault that that is what actually happened.

Jelle didn't bring back any attack at the AGR(he kept Andy in check), and VDB2 was also a great domestique for Gilbert at the AGR.

Oh is that so?

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a direct link but Fugslang complain about lack of team spirit of Bjarne's era or something very similar and JB method from old-school, it was translated from a dane page so not 100% reliable.

If I take this as true, it's seems the olders from radioshack didn't respect so much the youngers of Leopard (Horner interwiev). Something similar Bjarne labelled as a dictator for surely ask hard work.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Swede1 said:

Ok, so he did. Never the less in the final 4 km Vanendert was too tired, so Gilbert had to ride on front him self. Everyone in the group thought this was suicide, but Phil still won. I never tried to denigrate Vanendert's domestique duties though, I'm a big fan of him. It's impossible to remember every race detail though :p

He'll definitely be able to ride the final in the hilly classics. I'm not so sure about LBL though, but he'll be there in races like AGR, FW, CSS, GdL, etcetera

A

Anonymous

Polish said:

Radioshack-Leopard-Trek
to
Radioshack-Nissan-Trek?

why wouldnt i be happy? I couldnt give a monkeys.

My comment earlier about changing the thread title was a joke that clearly you missed.

Merry Christmas G.

interesting aside.
radioshacknissantrek.com is registered in luxembourg by expose.lu who do their web design.

but radioshacknissan.com is registered in the us, by capital sports entertainment.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
why wouldnt i be happy? I couldnt give a monkeys.

My comment earlier about changing the thread title was a joke that clearly you missed.

Merry Christmas G.

interesting aside.
radioshacknissantrek.com is registered in luxembourg by expose.lu who do their web design.

but radioshacktrek.com is registered in the us, by capital sports entertainment.

As long as the also have .org sites, everything should be ok for you. :rolleyes:

radioshacktrek.com seems like still avaible. Only $ 12.95/m, and its yours.

A

Anonymous

Cobblestoned said:
As long as the also have .org sites, everything should be ok for you. :rolleyes:

thats bizarre.. when i looked this morning, radioshacktrek.com was registered to CSE Cycling.. its suddenly become available. wtf..

A

Anonymous

Cobblestoned said:

yeh, my initial post should have said

radioshacknissantrek registered in luxembourg
radioshacknissan.com registered by CSE

Dont tell me they are going to have two websites going.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I find it fascinating that each voluntary helper for Cancellara is now honoured and called out by help of news-articles everywhere. Sensational.

So, here is the official announcement. I'll consider helping him too.
I mean........that's self evident, considering my nickname.
This will be a real bomb.
This is like going into war voluntary and announcing to die for Spartakus on voluntary basis.

Cobblestoned said:
I find it fascinating that each voluntary helper for Cancellara is now honoured and called out by help of news-articles everywhere. Sensational.

So, here is the official announcement. I'll consider helping him too.
I mean........that's self evident, considering my nickname.
This will be a real bomb.
This is like going into war voluntary and announcing to die for Spartakus on voluntary basis.

The reason is they have combined the 2 teams that generally received the most media attention, at least in the English speaking media: Leopard-Trek and Radioshack. Is it any wonder that we're subjected to at minimum a weekly video of the adorably funny Schleck brothers? Excuse me while I upchuck my lunch.:(

TRENDING THREADS