• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
This rumor has been going around since the Tour and is again picking up steam.
Nygaard out. Johan in. Becca not happy that a marketing guy like Nygaard cannot get a title sponser

HL2037 said:
So Andy wants to be Americas next darling with his own private jet. Selling his soul to Johan Bruyneel. Disgusting.

No one is going to be Americas next darling by riding a bike, especially no foreigner and I don't quite see why he has to hook up with brunyeel to have a private jet.

Maybe he just received a good offer and didnt refuse?

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
No one is going to be Americas next darling by riding a bike, especially no foreigner and I don't quite see why he has to hook up with brunyeel to have a private jet.

Maybe he just received a good offer and didnt refuse?

He is already doing twitter rides...

A

Anonymous

sounds like a good idea to me. Instead of having to split my hatred in two directions I can now aim it all firmly at just one team again. :D

A

Anonymous

Could be a good thing for andy shleck in his quest to win TDF.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Makes sense, both economically and from a sporting perspective.

Anyway the priority of the Schlecks should be to separate into different teams. I do not like Bruynnel, RS, and the Schlecks, so it would be good for me

Great move for the Schlecks.
The consistent crapness will become a thing of the past and they will immediately find 5 minutes, once they are under Johan's..................er............wing.

Cycling Pat's poster boy join's the poster boy for something completely different......

swuzzlebubble said:
Seven GC contenders at the Tour next year?
+ Jens & Fab to fetch the bottles?

actually from a sponsor point of view this could be possible: TREK-BONTRAGER is ok for both, then LEOPARD has no main sponsor.

but who will be the boss? Nygaard? Bruyneel?
will LEVI leave?
Kloedy and Horner have already signed with the SHACK for 2012-2013, Jani I don't remember

anyway, is there really any true merging plan?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
This rumor has been going around since the Tour and is again picking up steam.
Nygaard out. Johan in. Becca not happy that a marketing guy like Nygaard cannot get a title sponser

I think I would hate both those teams even more now if that happened.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
It's interesting because before Radioshack (the company) announced that they would continue their sponsorship I thought LEOPARD TREK might absorb some of the Radioshack riders, such as Garmin-Cervélo last year.

The article in l'Equipe talks of "financial difficulties" for LEOPARD TREK, which is also interesting because last year they proclaimed that financial backing was in place for at least four years.

Another weird thing is that LEOPARD TREK keeps signing Radioshack riders. I also can't really imagine why Nygaard would "resign" (as it says in the article) at the end of the season, unless he is fired by an unhappy Becca as someone suggested earlier.

When asked about this matter in Colorado, Fränk Schleck said he hadn't "read" (!) anything about it and Andy seemed interested to find out more. The LEOPARD TREK management has not been available for a comment yet.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
pastronef said:
actually from a sponsor point of view this could be possible: TREK-BONTRAGER is ok for both, then LEOPARD has no main sponsor.

but who will be the boss? Nygaard? Bruyneel?
will LEVI leave?
Kloedy and Horner have already signed with the SHACK for 2012-2013, Jani I don't remember

anyway, is there really any true merging plan?

What? I thought Kloeden signed for QuickstepLottoPharma whatever team

TRENDING THREADS