• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Josue Aran Garcia, Leopard -Trek staff
I will miss the brorhers!but work is work and the leopard riders are waiting for a leopard tamer hihi

unfortunately for riders and staff they know that for most of them it is ridiculously easy to break their contracts or make it not worth it for them to stick around. It appears most are jumping before they can be pushed

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
One could make the argument that "any father who cared about his kids" wouldn't let his progeny be associated with Kim Andersen either.

I also think that people overestimate Johny Schleck's knowledge and involvement in today's cycling. To be fair I have never discussed it with him, so I don't really know either. I do know that he once asked Andy "What team is Tiësto on?", and that he's 69 years old and never worked as a DS in his life (someone suggested about a year ago on this forum that he would certainly become a DS at LEOPARD TREK). He travels with the team to the important races, and he knows enough about cycling to ride the scooter in front of his sons. My point being that he simply does not have enough knowledge about Bruyneel or pro cycling of the late 1990's, early 2000's to play an important part in the decision whether or not to bring Bruyneel on board.

Of course I might completely underestimate him, he just never seems that well-informed or competent in his interviews. Therefore I don't know whether he would have an objection to Bruyneel and his 17 TdF wins.

Oh dear, even his wiki only says 8TdF wins, can we count every sprint during the stages too? :rolleyes:

Why would anyone of a sane disposition consider entering the same team of a man that is scared to travel to USA and is likely to be involved in a major sporting scandal. There is only one reason and that is to get his 'clinic' model for winning the TdF. He must have exclusive rights over a certain Italian physician.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
10 pages of hate (with few exceptions) - done

Ending with Floyd.
Perfect ending. Desperate people. Forum rules out of order for this issue.

Interesting read. Bring on more hate and conspiracy theories.

In the end, it is Lance's fault. No doubt.

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Josue Aran Garcia, Leopard -Trek staff

unfortunately for riders and staff they know that for most of them it is ridiculously easy to break their contracts or make it not worth it for them to stick around. It appears most are jumping before they can be pushed

Slow down please:
His tweet was an answer of a a question because he will be at the two Canadian races without the Schlecks who originally were supposed to ride there. ;)

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
10 pages of hate (with few exceptions) - done

Ending with Floyd.
Perfect ending. Desperate people. Forum rules out of order for this issue.

Interesting read. Bring on more hate and conspiracy theories.

In the end, it is Lance's fault. No doubt.

You know things are bad when even Cobble is saying Johan is desperate.

Poor Johan is so toxic he couldn't get the $$ to fund a competitive team so he reaches out to Becca to help. Suddenly a 4 year commitment shrinks to 10 months and a bunch of people are scrambling for work. Johan and Becca sound like a perfect match. Wonder if they will get along as well as Johan and the Astana backers?

Leopard-RadioShack-Nissan will be official later today. What will the UCI say? What license and corporate entity will they use?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
You know things are bad when even Cobble is saying Johan is desperate.

Poor Johan is so toxic he couldn't get the $$ to fund a competitive team so he reaches out to Becca to help. Suddenly a 4 year commitment shrinks to 10 months and a bunch of people are scrambling for work. Johan and Becca sound like a perfect match. Wonder if they will get along as well as Johan and the Astana backers?

Leopard-RadioShack-Nissan will be official later today. What will the UCI say? What license and corporate entity will they use?

****edited by Mod****

- Lance won't find a sponsor....
- RS will be gone before Tour 2010...
-
-
Time to continue ? I won't waste any more energy today.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Another poor effort by the master of propaganda.
- Lance won't find a sponsor....
- RS will be gone before Tour 2010...
-
-
-
Time to continue ? I won't waste any more energy today.

If you read most of the reporting it was Burnyeel/Trek who reached out to Leopard. Earlier this year it was also reported that Radioshack reduced their sponsorship and it was Trek who stepped up at the last minute.

Given that Johan's team was pathetic this year, and shaping up to be even weaker next year because of lack of budget, I can understand why he would reach out to Becca for help.

Some like to pretend that Johan does not have a toxic past.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
If you read most of the reporting it was Burnyeel/Trek who reached out to Leopard. Earlier this year it was also reported that Radioshack reduced their sponsorship and it was Trek who stepped up at the last minute.

Given that Johan's team was pathetic this year, and shaping up to be even weaker next year because of lack of budget, I can understand why he would reach out to Becca for help.

Some like to pretend that Johan does not have a toxic past. .

Whatever....

*** edited by mod ***

Looking forward to Mr Toxic's indictements, which will come soon, before season 2010 ends, but after Superbowl.

Race Radio said:
No change. You are making the mistake of ascribing the predictions of many on the board to me.

Some like to pretend that Johan does not have a toxic past. Anyone who points out the obvious is a "Hater".

Not a fan at all, and Shack was pathetic in the grand tours for sure. But they did win Suisse, Tour of California, Pais Vasco and U.S. Cycling Pro Challenge

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
woodburn said:
Not a fan at all, and Shack was pathetic in the grand tours for sure. But they did win Suisse, Tour of California, Pais Vasco and U.S. Cycling Pro Challenge

Most of their keys wins come from a guy no longer on the team and most of their points come from TT's. In the races that matter, GT's and Classics, they sucked

I can understand why Johan was desperate to team up with Becca. The last couple seasons have been a real challenge for him and I doubt he wanted to go through yet another season relying on a couple old guys for points.

Hard to field a team made up largely of old guys and cheap rookies. Going into 2012 with only 2 riders ranked in the top 50 would be a real challenge to have a competitive team. Regardless of other issues it is a smart move by Johan.

Race Radio said:

Even the riders want to jump ship.

Speaking at the Vuelta a España, Jakob Fuglsang has also spoken in similar tones. He is one of the riders with a multi-year contract on the team, and therefore expected to ride as part of the setup next year.

“I am disappointed that we have not heard anything from the team and I am of course disappointed if it turns out to be a reality,” he told Sporten.dk. “The team has told us riders nothing at all. We know even less than you journalists do.

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
wtf sort of name - The team will be renamed to RadioShack and Nissan Cycling Trek Professional Team from next year.

RNCTPT ????????????+

Feel sorry for Jobiwan bring on the hate. PS where was JB´s name in all this ?

Nice, confirmed so far on the team : "Fabian Cancellara, Andy y Frank Schleck y Robert Wagner, por parte de Leopard-Trek, y Andreas Kloden, Chris Horner, Janez Brajkovic, Nelson Oliveira y Matthew Busche".

That's why Fuglsang was annoyed.

I'm guessing that Lux dude will have to pay the remaining salaries of the guys on a contract...

EDIT - ah but Leopard is the surviving entity, so they can't can the guys they already have...the Bruyneel entity on the other hand...actually there is no mention of JB either...

webvan said:
EDIT - ah but Leopard is the surviving entity, so they can't can the guys they already have...the Bruyneel entity on the other hand...actually there is no mention of JB either...

ok, so it is the team owned by bruyneel that disappears. the Leopard Cycling Team will keep the license, bruyneel will loose its (ot "it's" ? :D )

we just need to know who had a 2 year contract with leopard, and now WHO are the others who will jump ship from Radioshack

i imagine they'll go on with Shimano, Northwave, Bontrager etc
NOT mercedes :p

TRENDING THREADS