• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radioshack-Leopard Trek

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bruyneel is irrelevent.
Has been.

LeOpard made this deal to get their hands on Horner and Busche.
That is why Alberto was scared....

But what about JB himself?...No mention in the PR is not a good sign for him, is it...looks like he's going away like Guimard, another "magician"...

AntonioRossi said:
this is a disaster. now they will have like 10 GC guys?? that's not going to work.
Well the Schlecks are only interested in the TDF and RS really didn't have any TDF contender to speak of so that shouldn't be a big problem. Kloden can focus on Paris-Nice and the like and Horner on the ToC and if he stays healthy, a big if, he'll be invited to help the Schlecks on the TDF.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
pastronef said:
and also Trek has played a big role in all this.

It is a continuation of their distancing them selves from Armstrong.

Don't see the word "Merger" anywhere in the press release. Also don't see Johan's name

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
webvan said:
Well the Schlecks are only interested in the TDF and RS really didn't have any TDF contender to speak of so that shouldn't be a big problem. Kloden can focus on Paris-Nice and the like and Horner on the ToC and if he stays healthy, a big if, he'll be invited to help the Schlecks on the TDF.

I am sure Jani would like to have another shot at the TDF. But yeah I guess the TDF will be for the Schlecks.

AntonioRossi said:
this is a disaster. now they will have like 10 GC guys?? that's not going to work.

I'm thinking they needed to keep JB's name off the press release so the mob doesn't come to his door looking for blood.

He will appear in time....

Sure looks like Andy & Frank dropped all their mates into it..... what a mess but I'm sure it will be sweet by Tour time.... it will be just like 2004 again when they have to amp back the power so it still looks real....

Time for Riis to sign Jens and Fus-a-lung again......

A

Anonymous

I need to find the post I made about a year ago when i suggested that Trek would jump off of the Bruyneel ship and set Andy up as their new idol.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:
Considering that there are 5 riders from the Shack and a couple of them wouldn't have been of interest to Leopard otherwise it is very much a merger.

merger or take-over?

Also no mention of Bruyneel in the PR, which is interesting to me.

roundabout said:
Considering that there are 5 riders from the Shack and a couple of them wouldn't have been of interest to Leopard otherwise it is very much a merger.

Who knows? As for the "merger"...looks more like RS sponsoring another team and bringing some guys along...thing is, hadn't they renewed their contract with JB recently? Is he the owner of the licence of the current RS team?

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thomsena said:
I bet the Schlecks are absolutely thrilled that Kim Andersen is likely to be kicked out of the important positions... :rolleyes:

My thought exactly.

Either they to are in the dark (Implying, that they have lost influence on "their" team, or perhaps never had as much as speculated) or they are throwing him under bus (unlikely).

Or he is still staying, which seems rather doubtfull.

TRENDING THREADS