• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lidl-Trek (no longer Radioshack-Leopard Trek)

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
They merged. So what? If I've learned anything lately it is that teams change around and die like crazy. All I care is that the sport continues.

Thats really easy to explain.
Some girls are bigger than others.

This should answer all questions. :D

A

Anonymous

TeamSkyFans said:
and how are we pronouncing Nissan?

That is the big question. If it is pronounced "KNEE san" then we know the American part of the team is the real dominant force. If it is pronounced "NISS un" then we know the Euro team is dominant. I am waiting with baited breath...Then again, if the Lux guys have their way it will be pronounced "Nis S an" because they are pretty picky about how their team names are pronounced.

I am on pins and needles.:D

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible that Radioshck/Nissan was taken from under the noses of Armstrong/Bruyneel because they have yet to mutter a word anywhere about this, what should be considered if you have ever believed the press release BS that gets spewed out at times like this, "a monumental moment in the history of cycling teams and cross atlantic sponsorship of sporting elitism blah blah blah"....the silence is very strange, deafening.

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I still don't know for what Leopard stands for, and I had Nissan's but always prefered Datsun, never know Why they change the name.
Wonder if they will put a Nissan electric motor in the Trek bikes of the team :D

So team RadioSchleck will be there eventually. Two years after it was originally rumoured to exist. What a ridiculously strong yet incredibly boring Tour de France squad:

Andy Schleck
Fränk Schleck
Andreas Klöden
Chris Horner
Fabian Cancellara
Maxime Monfort
Jani Brajkovic
Jens Voigt
random other guy

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
****ty name. Wouldn't be surprised if Horner, Levi &/or Kloden leave.

Catch up. Levi's already left. Testifying put him out of favour with Johann.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
this_is_edie said:
That begs the question as to what happens to Radioshack's neo-pros then that signed last year? They still have one year on their contract.

Is there anyone who signed then?
Wasn't part of the problem this year that Radioshack hasn't signed any new riders or has anyone on contracts beyond the end of this year?

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
moving away from LA but keeping JB front and centre would be pretty self defeating. i just can't see LA going down and none of the stink going to JB.

Irizar and zubeldia to Euskaltel would be reasonable.
monfort, fugslang and feillu might not be keen to stay if they're not going to get a go in GTs (brajkovic, kloeden, Horner, FS, AS)

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
That is the big question. If it is pronounced "KNEE san" then we know the American part of the team is the real dominant force. If it is pronounced "NISS un" then we know the Euro team is dominant. I am waiting with baited breath...Then again, if the Lux guys have their way it will be pronounced "Nis S an" because they are pretty picky about how their team names are pronounced.

I am on pins and needles.:D

The telling issue will be scarves or no scarves.
I'm thinking the scarves are history.

And wonder what will happen to the LeOpard Trek bikes?
Sweet deals on E-Bay?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
lancaster said:
moving away from LA but keeping JB front and centre would be pretty self defeating. i just can't see LA going down and none of the stink going to JB.

Irizar and zubeldia to Euskaltel would be reasonable.
monfort, fugslang and feillu might not be keen to stay if they're not going to get a go in GTs (brajkovic, kloeden, Horner, FS, AS)

zubeldia will never go back to euskaltel, burned bridges there besides I think jb really wants to keep him and irizar

Race Radio said:
Really? I missed that part of the press release, could you point it out for me?

The press release does say that the team would be based in Lux and use Leopard's license. I see no mention of Brunyeel.

Are you saying that Johan will run a different team because right now it appears that his team is dead.

LA/Bruyneel's company Olympus Sarl is luxemburg-based
;)
Knowing how clever & greedy LA/Bruyneel are-I cannot picture them not "profiting" from this so called "merger"-their lawyers are sharp & probably have already secured that-what is announced is just a smoke screen;)

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
hfer07 said:

LA/Bruyneel's company Olympus Sarl is luxemburg-based
;)
Knowing how clever & greedy LA/Bruyneel are-I cannot picture then not "profiting" from this so called "merger"-their lawyers are sharp & probably have already secured that-what is announced is just a smoke screen;)

What's wrong with a good business deal? So your saying nobody else in the sport makes money. Look at that greedy bunch that run Sky. The nerve, making a profit and all.....

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Johan really is an evil genius. No matter what **** goes down, he always comes up smelling of roses and will once more have the dominant team at the tour.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
This becoming true is a total nightmare :(

I can't imagine the Schleck's whimpy attitude will gel with Joe-Han's kill them all methodologies. Fabian is totally boned, Joe-Han will do nothing for the Classics, Fabian will be left out on plank for those races and then made into the Schleck's Bee-ach, made to lose 10 lbs and ride solely in the mountains the day after P-R, to get his climbing legs if he wants to even be considered for le Tour team long list. Then, Horner/Kloden back to fetching bottles to end their careers for the Schleck's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts