• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radioshack-Leopard Trek

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
Quite sad that seemingly ALL the riders were left in the dark and even Kim Andersen apparently. This is so terrible. Obviously the Schlecks, Cancellara and Robert Wagner must have known, but not told their friends?! After so many years together with Andersen and Fuglsang (to name only those two) they couldn't tell them?! And why not?? Robert Wagner and Cancellara are at the Vuelta right now and while Fuglsang wonders what the hell is going on they just say nothing?! I wonder what the climate in the team is like now ...

:D:D:D

I hope Bjarne is drinking a beer and laughing his *** off.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Interesting fact:

Given that all bar one of the current Leopard Trek riders had a contact extending into next season, it appears clear that there will be some riders who are laid off. There is notably no mention of Jakob Fuglsang, who earlier expressed his concerns about the dealings, although he may yet be on the final roster. The team added that the final line-up will be announced in due time.

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/9...with-RadioShack-and-Nissan.aspx#ixzz1X7x0qa7g

Race Radio said:
It is luxemburg registered but it is based in Brakel, Belgium. Regardless Olympus was the holding company he used when he manged Astana. The Radioshack team was owned by the Austin based CSE. The ultimate boss was Armstrong's lawyer Bill Stapleton.

With the Austin based team folding it has to be asked if they ever planned to have a team in 2012 in the first place. They made little effort to sign new riders and only tied in a few key riders. This late in the game they only had a few riders for next year, about 1/2 of what they needed. It appears the extension was nothing more then a press release, a way to save face.

More importantly what happens with the U23 team?

What about the announcement that Radioshack had agreed to sponsor for another two years? Was it false, or did something happen since then for one of the parties to break away from the agreement. Seems like breaking away from the model which they had run under for 2010/11 wasn't a last minute decision.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
IT's not in the press release.

No, I'm saying Johan will be running the New RS team.

I agree that he will be part of the Leopard team, but it will not be his team, company, or licenses. Brunyeel's team is done......and judging by his lack of action in the last 6 months it has been done for a while.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
I agree that he will be part of the Leopard team, but it will not be his team, company, or licenses. Brunyeel's team is done......and judging by his lack of action in the last 6 months it has been done for a while.

"Bruyneel's team" AKA a team under the auspices of CSE is not "done".

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
ashortcyclist said:

if that's true, I find it too bad that Fuglsang is staying with that team. I personally think he should go back to Saxo or gone to a different team. With so many GC men either for grand tours, or for week long stage races, I dont think he will be able to ride for himself anymore. If Johan will be still around I am sure he wants Klodi, Jani and Horner going for the week long stage races

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
This rumor has been going around since the Tour and is again picking up steam.
Nygaard out. Johan in. Becca not happy that a marketing guy like Nygaard cannot get a title sponser

#bald_eagle_little_evil_minime

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
AntonioRossi said:
if that's true, I find it too bad that Fuglsang is staying with that team. I personally think he should go back to Saxo or gone to a different team. With so many GC men either for grand tours, or for week long stage races, I dont think he will be able to ride for himself anymore. If Johan will be still around I am sure he wants Klodi, Jani and Horner going for the week long stage races

He doesn't like to work for people who can actually win races. He loves it when he has to do hard work for absolutely nothing.

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
eleven said:
Is Greenedge aiming for Pro Tour in the first year?

Yep, and seem very confident of getting it ( to the point where it seems they have been given guarantees)

so at least one spot up. FDJ or Europcar? Maybe Skil with their signings.

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
What about the announcement that Radioshack had agreed to sponsor for another two years? Was it false, or did something happen since then for one of the parties to break away from the agreement. Seems like breaking away from the model which they had run under for 2010/11 wasn't a last minute decision.

I suspect a lot of Kabuki theater. I don't know how they thought anyone would take the "extension" notices seriously. The RS team has been mostly an embarrassment at the international level.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
ashortcyclist said:

So Bruyneel really is the new man behind it all. A couple of things don't add up though: Fuglsang is listed although he says he knows of nothing, and they say ". All contracts with riders and staff that are already signed with Team Leopard-Trek or Team RadioShack will be respected" - which is simply impossible with a 30 rider team. Plus they'd need some neo-pro's for that.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
Quite sad that seemingly ALL the riders were left in the dark and even Kim Andersen apparently. This is so terrible. Obviously the Schlecks, Cancellara and Robert Wagner must have known, but not told their friends?! After so many years together with Andersen and Fuglsang (to name only those two) they couldn't tell them?! And why not?? Robert Wagner and Cancellara are at the Vuelta right now and while Fuglsang wonders what the hell is going on they just say nothing?! I wonder what the climate in the team is like now ...

Are you sure those riders knew what was going on? I'm thinking back to when the Quickstep-Omega Pharma merger was announced and they officially said that Gilbert would be on their team.

I had thought that Fuglsang was part of the in-crowd but maybe they didn't like that he's riding stronger at the Vuelta than he did at the Tour?

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm amazing that you guys really give a s**t about anything but trashing these guys like you really know what's going on behind the scenes.

There's two sides to every story. In the USA, we have two political parties. We say that a Republican is really a Democrat that's been mugged, and a Democrat is a Republican that's been caught. Is it really Lance/JB vs Everyone Else? If someone like Polish chooses to be fan appears to be a fan of RadioShack, then that's his choice. Get over it.

I'm really wondering how many of you lose sleep over this Pro Cycling. It is entertainment. The merger/takeover/whatever has a story that is not going to surface for a while. The same with what happens to the riders. Companies fail, are taken over, and people lose their jobs. People that don't make Pro Tour type salaries. Everyone gets on with life.

Most of us, just go ride our bikes. You guys hate way too much. You act like you are personally being deprived, but it's a business. Entertainment business. See you on the road.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Christian said:
So Bruyneel really is the new man behind it all. A couple of things don't add up though: Fuglsang is listed although he says he knows of nothing, and they say ". All contracts with riders and staff that are already signed with Team Leopard-Trek or Team RadioShack will be respected" - which is simply impossible with a 30 rider team. Plus they'd need some neo-pro's for that.

But wait, how can that be? Isn't Trek distancing themselves from Bruyneel(/Armstrong)? He's both irrelevant and toxic, so I don't get it. :confused:

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Christian said:

Does not mean that they will all necessarily be riding just means that riders that are not will presumably be paid out. So no one will be completely shafted by it

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
?

Dr. Maserati said:
How do you know this? I haven't seen it reported yet which management will be part of this set-up except they appear to be operating on Leopards licence.

It is like you got sucked in by the hype? Or were you trolled by LA and JB? http://www.livestrong.com/teamradio...cycling-super-team-links-top-riders-sponsors/
Team will feature top riders from Team RadioShack and Leopard-Trek

"As announced earlier today, CSE Pro Cycling LLC is proud to announce that RadioShack and Nissan are joining the Leopard-Trek World Tour Team as sponsors for the 2012 and 2013 seasons. The team will hold a license in Luxembourg and be named the RadioShack-Nissan-Trek Professional Cycling Team. All marketing operations will be operated out of Austin, Texas by CSE Pro Cycling LLC. All sporting operations will be managed by Johan Bruyneel Sports Management in both Belgium and Luxembourg.

• The team will continue to represent LIVESTRONG in the global fight against cancer."

Hey the name of the team starts with Radio Shack. Try not to get sucked into the hype. Wait for it.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
It is like you got sucked in by the hype? Or were you trolled by LA and JB? http://www.livestrong.com/teamradio...cycling-super-team-links-top-riders-sponsors/
Team will feature top riders from Team RadioShack and Leopard-Trek

"As announced earlier today, CSE Pro Cycling LLC is proud to announce that RadioShack and Nissan are joining the Leopard-Trek World Tour Team as sponsors for the 2012 and 2013 seasons. The team will hold a license in Luxembourg and be named the RadioShack-Nissan-Trek Professional Cycling Team. All marketing operations will be operated out of Austin, Texas by CSE Pro Cycling LLC. All sporting operations will be managed by Johan Bruyneel Sports Management in both Belgium and Luxembourg.

• The team will continue to represent LIVESTRONG in the global fight against cancer."

Hey the name of the team starts with Radio Shack. Try not to get sucked into the hype. Wait for it.

Actually no - I was asking someone who appeared to have some information to elaborate on it, which they did and which I appreciated.

I would have been far more impressed by you if you had made this revelation known before the press release.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Actually no - I was asking someone who appeared to have some information to elaborate on it, which they did and which I appreciated.

I would have been far more impressed by you if you had made this revelation known before the press release.

That is why most people wait for the news instead of trying to MAKE the news.:eek:

TRENDING THREADS