• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radioshack-Leopard Trek

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fidolix said:
Contador actually explained about the Telegraph attack in an interview.
He didnt care about the GC, said, to him it didn´t matter if he was 5th or 15th at that point, He love to race and this day he wanted to give something to the fans so it was all calculated, he didn´t go for the gc but wanted to make a spectacular race out of it.
If I find the link I´ll post the Interview.

i know pretty well what he said.it was awesome but most of the calculated riders out there would have gone just at the foot of the alpe and not when there is 90 km to the finish.that's why contador was and is such a legend.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
i know pretty well what he said.it was awesome but most of the calculated riders out there would have gone just at the foot of the alpe and not when there is 90 km to the finish.that's why contador was and is such a legend.

It was calculated on his part as well. Sure it had a low percentage of success, but I think he thought it had a chance. Also in his calculation is the making of a legend. It couldn't fail any way you look at it.

Scott SoCal said:
When... 9/5? The article says nothing about that. They are still profitable.

All in all, prospects aren’t looking so bright for the electronics retailer:

“Given its already lean cost structure, RadioShack has little room to tighten its cost structure to preserve its overall margin rate,” UBS says. “This adds great uncertainty to its long-term profit outlook.”

A

Anonymous

thehog said:
All in all, prospects aren’t looking so bright for the electronics retailer:

“Given its already lean cost structure, RadioShack has little room to tighten its cost structure to preserve its overall margin rate,” UBS says. “This adds great uncertainty to its long-term profit outlook.”

Their gross profit margins fell from 40%, to 35% for a bunch of one-time re-configures.

It has nothing to do with their marketing spend.

RadioShack is not going to be in cycling for the long term no matter what their short term (or long term) outlook.

RS pulling out of cycling this year is probably more fantasy (or pot-stirring) than reality.

Scott SoCal said:
Their gross profit margins fell from 40%, to 35% for a bunch of one-time re-configures.

It has nothing to do with their marketing spend.

RadioShack is not going to be in cycling for the long term no matter what their short term (or long term) outlook.

RS pulling out of cycling this year is probably more fantasy (or pot-stirring) than reality.

Thats the rumour. They're gone. Things not looking good. Sorry mate.

A

Anonymous

thehog said:

Don't be sorry. I don't give a wit about RS (except how they may negatively impact the sport).

Please forgive me as I simply don't believe you.

At any rate, time will tell.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Awe, well isn't this nice. One big family already.

Ben King:

I think the merger, a difficult transition, unified us, because we experienced it together. Once fitted in our new jerseys, it became impossible and useless to differentiate who came from which team.

Last year in Mallorca I had kicked into the Col de Cura before my RadioShack teammates who were still at the team car trading jackets for bottles. A Leopard rider floated past me, and I admired how his mechanical cadence transferred power into the climb. The sticker on his helmet said, “Fuglsang.” At the top of the climb Horner slapped hands with Voigt. During the Mallorca Challenge races later that week, Andy Schleck and I swapped massive pulls for 100km. Afterwards, I introduced myself to Voigt as “a long time fan.” Now Fuglsang and I share a room at training camp. Voigt tells jokes at dinner and Andy and I swap pulls on training rides up and down Col de Cura.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012...ing-with-the-king-dispensing-pretenses_205409

#whatabunchofbs

In all seriousness though it is a pretty good read, I just discovered this but I will look for it in the future

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:

So you are from Holland. Over here where Radio Shacks seem to be in every mall, and strip mall, they seem successful. I do not see them shutting.

That would be in the U.S. of A..

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Which America?

The inhabitants of the British Colonies in North America were referred to as Americans very early on and it stuck. Besides there's really no suitable name in english for a citizens of the United States...Statesian:rolleyes: So just blame the British for it.:p

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
The inhabitants of the British Colonies in North America were referred to as Americans very early on and it stuck. Besides there's really no suitable name in english for a citizens of the United States...Statesian:rolleyes: So just blame the British for it.:p

Erm, I was just kidding :p

TRENDING THREADS