• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Remco vs Roglic

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who do you dis more, Remco or Roglic?

• Remco

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Roglic

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • In this namby pamby PC world, I love both riders, but I hope Remco pummels the guts out of Roglic.

• I'm cheering for Roglic, something about that ski background and the smile just touches me.

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Vin(g)o option: irrelevant, bring on the tour

• Because of fundamentalist fanaticism, I’m rooting for Caruso

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Turn the radio up for that sweet sound. In the spirit of Coppi vs Bartali, Anquetil vs Poulidor, Lemond vs Hinault and Roche vs Carrera, 2023 brings us Remco vs Roglic. Only 2 days more. After Remco had to withdraw from the Giro in May, the cycling season continued officially but there was little interest from the fans or the riders. The Vuelta is a renewal of the greatest rivalry ever in cycling. Life is worth living again.

Turn the radio up for that sweet sound. In the spirit of Coppi vs Bartali, Anquetil vs Poulidor, Lemond vs Hinault and Roche vs Carrera, 2023 brings us Remco vs Roglic. Only 2 days more. After Remco had to withdraw from the Giro in May, the cycling season continued officially but there was little interest from the fans or the riders. The Vuelta is a renewal of the greatest rivalry ever in cycling. Life is worth living again.
Brought a tear to my eye

• Haha
Reactions: gregrowlerson

My favourite ongoing rivalry is probably DNP-Old vs. Sam Bennett.

It's going to be vingegaard vs ayuso 😎
Yeah, these two, plus other big names, like Remco, Roglic and so on…

But I fear it will be much more boring than we expect it. It‘s late in the season, the peaks are past the stars.

I fear this Vuelta will be something like a better „Amstel Curaçao Race“. All about fun, getting nice tan, and drinking beer after the stages… :)

Maybe we see a repetition of the Schlecks‘ „beer gate“. These days, Schlecks drank beer at the Vuelta until next morning, to be sent home by Bjarne. They already signed with Leopard.

This time, it probably will be „Remco‘s beer gate“: drinking beer until 5 am, to be sent home by Lefevere. Then the move to Ineos.

:)

Yeah, these two, plus other big names, like Remco, Roglic and so on…

But I fear it will be much more boring than we expect it. It‘s late in the season, the peaks are past the stars.

I fear this Vuelta will be something like a better „Amstel Curaçao Race“. All about fun, getting nice tan, and drinking beer after the stages… :)

Maybe we see a repetition of the Schlecks‘ „beer gate“. These days, Schlecks drank beer at the Vuelta until next morning, to be sent home by Bjarne. They already signed with Leopard.

This time, it probably will be „Remco‘s beer gate“: drinking beer until 5 am, to be sent home by Lefevere. Then the move to Ineos.

:)
The Veulta has been taken seriously for a long time now. This is just not factual I’m sorry

The Veulta has been taken seriously for a long time now. This is just not factual I’m sorry
If the Vuelta was not taken seriously before.. Jumbo is taking it seriously.. Remco is going to have to cover any serious things that Jumbo throws his way.. And what will a TTT look like for Jumbo? Roglic in my opinion is great at counter attacks and never spends more calories than absolutely necessary.. If he gets 30-45 seconds.. that means that Jumbo can wheel suck Remco and will have to go on the offense constantly.. Pogocar says he popped himself because he did too much unnecessary attacking.. could the same thing happen to Remco..aggressive attacks are awesome in one day races but we will see if he can sustain it