• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Remco vs Roglic

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who do you dis more, Remco or Roglic?

• Remco

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Roglic

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • In this namby pamby PC world, I love both riders, but I hope Remco pummels the guts out of Roglic.

• I'm cheering for Roglic, something about that ski background and the smile just touches me.

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Vin(g)o option: irrelevant, bring on the tour

• Because of fundamentalist fanaticism, I’m rooting for Caruso

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Almeida is nibali?

Nibali is obviously Nibali. Duh...

antonio-nibali-2023.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: noob
I miss Nibali

A man whose constant uncertain form and non guaranteed results could make you both doubt your own rational mind while dreaming of the nirvana of the bag

Now in the post modern Nibali era its just Remco having to turn up and win by minutes by riding everyone off his wheel., The man that could have won MSR if only he was there .

Bring back the fragile hopes

I miss Nibali

A man whose constant uncertain form and non guaranteed results could make you both doubt your own rational mind while dreaming of the nirvana of the bag

Now in the post modern Nibali era its just Remco having to turn up and win by minutes by riding everyone off his wheel., The man that could have won MSR if only he was there .

You can root for Roglič. There is always huge uncertainty if he's going to win, crack or mostly crash. Even in "easy" sprinter stages.

• Haha
I miss Nibali

Roglic winning 3 stages in a row and fans are like "eh I'm not sure he looks that great"

Nibali getting top 20 in an uphill sprint: "yeah time to party, Nibali is back baby"

How do you "mostly crash"?
Many people I ride with describe me this way.. as a mostly crash..!!!
I for one look at both guys and see more torque than gear and thought that when they started to sprint both were in the exact same gear.. With Roglic just turning it over a couple more times.. Felt like if he had started in something bigger he would have won by bike length or 2..both guys have tree stump removal power.. Awesome to see..A little illogical I guess to shift in last 50ft..

I vaguely remember the talk about the VAMs. Now I think the gaps are more impressive. 40+ seconds to Andy, 1 minute + to everyone else is far crazier than the VAM.

I think if there's 10 dudes on a climb doing nuclear watts then it's just perfect conditions, which is much more so the case here.

In terms of impact on the race and who is favored, altitude is overrated, but when people talk about W/kg, it gets very underrated.

• Wow

Goddamn Lance, what was he thinking? In 2009... like just stay retired already. Jean-Marie Leblanc did ask him 'nicely' not to come back as well. It has to be one of the biggest sporting mistakes, ever? I know that's a bit off-topic but it's just crazy seeing his name on that Verbier power chart.

As for Remco versus Rog, nothing is over in Catalunya. The gap is so small that all it takes is a mechanical at the wrong time to change everything. But in terms of performance so far, I think Roglič has surprised quite a few followers who'd buried him already.

He's a generational talent in his own right & just because younger superstars are emerging, it doesn't change the fact when on form he's an almost impossible nut to crack on that sort of 8km A-typical Vuelta climb yesterday.

Goddamn Lance, what was he thinking? In 2009... like just stay retired already. Jean-Marie Leblanc did ask him 'nicely' not to come back as well. It has to be one of the biggest sporting mistakes, ever? I know that's a bit off-topic but it's just crazy seeing his name on that Verbier power chart.

As for Remco versus Rog, nothing is over in Catalunya. The gap is so small that all it takes is a mechanical at the wrong time to change everything. But in terms of performance so far, I think Roglič has surprised quite a few followers who'd buried him already.

He's a generational talent in his own right & just because younger superstars are emerging, it doesn't change the fact when on form he's an almost impossible nut to crack on that sort of 8km A-typical Vuelta climb yesterday.

Primoz and Remco made Lance, Contador and co look like amateurs with their 1900+ m/h climb yesterday, congrats! Pog and Vinge and lucky that those two monsters decided to give them one more Tour chance and chose the Giro!

Primoz and Remco made Lance, Contador and co look like amateurs with their 1900+ m/h climb yesterday, congrats!

I was funnily enough thinking something along those lines as I was watching yesterday, i.e. "these guys would have destroyed Froome, Lance & some of the others in their prime". I mean Armstrong would have danced away off the saddle in typical Armstrong fashion with an attack at the 10km mark... with Rog towed along behind him. Then Rog would have skewered L.A. in the final km. Imagine the Lance death stare afterwards?

Roglič has to be the strongest rider in terms of raw power output (lol) to have never won the TdF at this point.

Roglič has to be the strongest rider in terms of raw power output (lol) to have never won the TdF at this point.

Ah, the double is still on the cards. If Primoz (who has barely started racing and is semi-retired according to some) already hits 1900+ m/h now then at the Tour they will have to increase mountain stages time limits to 1 hour at least. The two Tour mutants will be fighting for the second place while Primoz will still have plenty time to visit roadside restaurants during the race (like in romantic cycling times!)

Lance thoguht he could just come back and win, while even Bruyneel, who knew Contadors numbers was kinda laughing at the idea.

But if you ever watch The Move podcast it's unbelievable how arrogant Armstrong comes across. Hincapie seems to find it amusing in some way, like bringing up Contadors name just to troll Armstrong and *** like that.

TRENDING THREADS