• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Remco vs Roglic

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who do you dis more, Remco or Roglic?

• Remco

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Roglic

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • In this namby pamby PC world, I love both riders, but I hope Remco pummels the guts out of Roglic.

• I'm cheering for Roglic, something about that ski background and the smile just touches me.

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Vin(g)o option: irrelevant, bring on the tour

• Because of fundamentalist fanaticism, I’m rooting for Caruso

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not in the first 4 years which are the only fair and comparable thing we can do. Those happened 5th year and beyond. Otherwise without the crash and Covid taking out years 2 and 3 for Evenepoel they could theoretically be on the same trajectory.
Please line out how exactly Evenepoel was robbed of victories in those seven races by misfortune. What was his program for 2020 before the pandemic? I don't think he was even planned to start any of those seven races.

And Rogla was hit by misfortune before his 5th year that affected his record in these races.

Please line out how exactly Evenepoel was robbed of victories in those seven races by misfortune. What was his program for 2020 before the pandemic? I don't think he was even planned to start any of those seven races.

And Rogla was hit by misfortune before his 5th year that affected his record in these races.
I never said Evenepoel would have won, I said that he’d be on the same trajectory as Roglic who in his second year didn’t win any either. Who knows what races Evenepoel or anyone could have wanted to race due to Covid and all the cancellations.

What misfortune did Roglic have for his first four years on Jumbo? I don’t recall any and a quick search couldn’t find anything.

We’re comparing the first 5 years to another ones eight. Thats even further narrowed down due to one losing two years from Covid and his crash. That graph is better used when both riders are retired. As of now Rolgic has been king of the one week big races. 10 years from now he still could be at the top or passed by Pog, Evenepoel, or someone else.

Reactions: Big Doopie
They're both adding nice results to their list of achievements, but if they never win the Giro, a second monument and/or the Tour and don't go on to manage future stars after their careers have ended, they will still be behind Tony Rominger when they turn 62.

... which would be another travesty for cycling considering to what Rominger owes his entire career.

TRENDING THREADS