• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Robert Millar - Stitched Up? A Woman?

A

Anonymous

So what ever happened to him.. is he really living as a woman in dorset (he did have long hair and an earing)...

And was he really stitched up in the veulta.. its hard to beleive after 8 days in the lead of, suddenly he punctures, his team are held up behind a level crossing that is closed despite the abscence of all trains, all a bit odd..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4NZg6Vx2kQ

2nd in the giro, 2nd in the veulta, 4th in the tour..

what could have been...

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
reminds me of a zoetemelk interview:

reporter: did you know robert millar had a sex change and lives as a women now?
zoetemelk: he should have done that earlier, in womens cycling he might have actually won something.

A

Anonymous

ak-zaaf said:
reminds me of a zoetemelk interview:

reporter: did you know robert millar had a sex change and lives as a women now?
zoetemelk: he should have done that earlier, in womens cycling he might have actually won something.

ouch :eek:

A

Anonymous

because wether or not he is a woman is so much more interesting than if he was stitched up in the veulta.. :D

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Stitched up

Yep, stitched up in Spain big time by the Spanish mafia, deserved the win.

Let us not forget he was the highest placed Brit ever finishing 4th in Tour and winning the Mountains jersey.

And now living as a woman in Hampshire.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Supervet said:
Yep, stitched up in Spain big time by the Spanish mafia, deserved the win.

Let us not forget he was the highest placed Brit ever finishing 4th in Tour and winning the Mountains jersey.

And now living as a woman in Hampshire.

yep he did have a good set of lungs:D

A

Anonymous

Millar...

Oh come on folks...don't you know when the media is winding you up...I suppose it is possible for anyone...but Robert Millar having a sex change operation...let's be serious...there is just no way...he might have cut a few balls off of other climbers to be sure...but his are still intact....Robert, here's to You! And yeah mate, stay outta the limelight...it's for the hackers...

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
He was e-mailing into eurosport today apparently, and I know that he was on at least one english forum earlier this year. If he had a sex change who the **** cares?

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Irish2009 said:
If he had a sex change who the **** cares?

Well said Irish, one of...if not THE best bike rider these shores have ever produced. Enigmatic but extremely talented, without doubt one of the very few riders I would put into the 'hero' bracket.:cool:

Wherever he is, and whatever his circumstances, he surely deserves better than having a bunch of morons shooting the s**t about his sexuality and dredging up bitter and twisted quotes from riders who should show a bit more respect.:mad:

There, rant over.......and if that makes me a Millar 'fan boy' or whatever then so be it.....I'm guilty as charged:)

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Cash05458 said:
Oh come on folks...don't you know when the media is winding you up...I suppose it is possible for anyone...but Robert Millar having a sex change operation...let's be serious...there is just no way...he might have cut a few balls off of other climbers to be sure...but his are still intact....Robert, here's to You! And yeah mate, stay outta the limelight...it's for the hackers...

from what i been told its actually true.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Pot Belgique said:
Well said Irish, one of...if not THE best bike rider these shores have ever produced. Enigmatic but extremely talented, without doubt one of the very few riders I would put into the 'hero' bracket.:cool:

Wherever he is, and whatever his circumstances, he surely deserves better than having a bunch of morons shooting the s**t about his sexuality and dredging up bitter and twisted quotes from riders who should show a bit more respect.:mad:

There, rant over.......and if that makes me a Millar 'fan boy' or whatever then so be it.....I'm guilty as charged:)

Agreed.
Here in America i was in races with a woman who used to be a guy and she was very upfront about it. She raced mostly with the men and everyone accepted her and she was well liked. I think most of us realized there was too much involved in her situation to joke about it. It is quite serious.
All the Best to anyone who has been through that.

May 17, 2009
Visit site
Zoncolan said:
I don't know if I should laugh or cry?
This is the first I heard of it. God, I hope it's not true.
Why? What difference does it make to you?

It was nice of you to reinforce my prejudice against eastern europeans though.

A

Anonymous

He sometimes pops up on the Bikeradar forum. He comes across as a thoroughly decent person.

(just commenting on a few threads to get rid of all those blocked HWSNBN threads from the first page, anyone would thin that's all that is discussed...)

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Ahh dimspace, I always look at thread titles to see if there is anything interesting to chime in on, and as soon as I saw this title I knew I found a home.

I don't care man or woman, what way he/she lives his/her life. I work in a counseling facility where some of our clients are going through this process, so it intrigues me when someone goes through it particularly on a psychological level. No way to express the feelings pre-op patients have about their 'born' gender compared to the gender they felt they should have born as. I have never met anyone who has had gender re-assignment surgery who regrets it (thank god). Unfortunately I have met many who cannot afford the process (minimum two years of different therapies before you can have the surgery)
So true or not, I hope Robert/Roberta is happy.

A

Anonymous

I love the way everyone is more interesting in discussing his gender than how badly he was stitched up in spain.. :confused:

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
I love the way everyone is more interesting in discussing his gender than how badly he was stitched up in spain.. :confused:

Thing is the Spanish will stitch up any old foreigner but Millar is the only one of my boyhood heroes who may have had a sex change.

Have you read "In Search of Robert Millar." There's a whole chapter on the relevant stage which points the finger at Panasonic for not keeping to a bargain to ride for Peugeot and where did Millar ride the following year?

A

Anonymous

philcrisp said:
Thing is the Spanish will stitch up any old foreigner but Millar is the only one of my boyhood heroes who may have had a sex change.

Have you read "In Search of Robert Millar." There's a whole chapter on the relevant stage which points the finger at Panasonic for not keeping to a bargain to ride for Peugeot and where did Millar ride the following year?

of course.. read it several times, and watched the documentary.. shame theres not more out there on him really..

TRENDING THREADS