• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

RockShox XC32 - HELP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone
I'm considering to purchase a RockShox XC-32 fork for my bike.
While browsing online I found this awesome deal: a used XC32 rockshox fork for only 60€ (49£). Sounds great doesn't it? well, I'm a bit reluctant about it because part of the wheel mount is broken and has been glued back (as shown in the images).
photo3.jpg

I just wanted someone more experienced than I to take a quick look at it and tell me whether this is a bad idea or if it is a good deal. Could it just need some work to make sure it is safe tu use (like welding or something?)?

Thanks

No worries, just ask if you have any other questions.

Oh, ask when they last had the fork serviced as well and read up on them online. Second-hand can get you a great deal these days, especially on 1 1/8th steerer, qr drop-outs. Most people are on tapered and either 15 or 20mm axles now.