• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ronde de L'Isard 2013.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
1st stage won by Romain Guyot.
Today a medium mountain one.

The weekend arrives the high mountain:

Saturday: Port de Lers and Neige (finish at the top)

Sunday: Port de Lers, Col de Agnès, Col de l'Atrape and Port de la Core, with the highest point at 30 kms from the finish in Saint Girons.

FAVOURITES:

Juan Ernesto Chamorro - Colombia. The Top Favourite without discussion.

Dylan Teuns - VS. The belgian climber has shone in the past Liège Bastogne Liège. 4th in the last edition this is one of his main objectives.

Le Lavandier twins - Chambery Cyclisme. Maybe a too tough route for them.

Taylor Eisenhart - BMC. Good performance at Gila. The fact that there's not a TT really dont benefit him.

Clèment Chevrier - Chambery Cyclisme. Superdomestique for Le Lavandier.

Romain Guillemois - Vendée. Few options in this route. Let's see where's his limit in the mountains.

Anthony Perez - AVC. Allround. Strong in the climbs.

Jason_Mercier said:
1st stage won by Romain Guyot.
Today a medium mountain one.

The weekend arrives the high mountain:

Saturday: Port de Lers and Neige (finish at the top)

Sunday: Port de Lers, Col de Agnès, Col de l'Atrape and Port de la Core, with the highest point at 30 kms from the finish in Saint Girons.

FAVOURITES:

Juan Ernesto Chamorro - Colombia. The Top Favourite without discussion.

Dylan Teuns - VS. The belgian climber has shone in the past Liège Bastogne Liège. 4th in the last edition this is one of his main objectives.

Le Lavandier twins - Chambery Cyclisme. Maybe a too tough route for them.

Taylor Eisenhart - BMC. Good performance at Gila. The fact that there's not a TT really dont benefit him.

Clèment Chevrier - Chambery Cyclisme. Superdomestique for Le Lavandier.

Romain Guillemois - Vendée. Few options in this route. Let's see where's his limit in the mountains.

Anthony Perez - AVC. Allround. Strong in the climbs.

Pierre-Roger Latour is a fantastic prospect as well.

As a junior – He was among the 3 best climbers in the world, if not the best.

1 year ago I thought he was very comparable to Thibaut Pinot. I see his talent in that dimension. 2012 was not his year. He must redeem himself this season.

Look how he crushed everyone at a hill TT in Regio-Tour. For example. He is very special uphill. http://www.directvelo.com/actualite/14656-regio-tour-et-1-classements.html

He won Classique des Alpes as well ect ect.

Taylor Eisenhart already out of GC it seems. Too bad, I see him as a special talent as well.

Tomorrow I must study the start-list closer. L'Isard has very good traditions.

Chamorro hasn't shown anything so far this season. And it's going to be lousy and rainy in the Pyrenees - I have no idea if he can handle the cold. So my odds are on Teuns.

Eisenhart has no chances here. Böhli must be BMC's leader.

Guillemois was on my outsider's list as well but lost already nearly two minutes yesterday. He's out for the GC.

Barbero may be an option for Euskadi. It's just such a shame that they only brought four riders to this race - which all finished in the first group yesterday.

So for me:

*** Teuns
** Maxime le Lavandier, Barbero, Chamorro
* Perez, Wilson, Bidard, Mathieu le Lvanadier

Anyway, a great race. Sadly in decline regarding the participants over the last years. :(

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Jakob :) I didn't know him.

I am with BBB. It seems that year by year the level of the race goes down.

I think that the queen stage is a bit too much for Barbero.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Barbero is really a secure bet in rough terrains and medium mountain stages!

And impressive the colombian Ochoa. Anybody know him?

Chamorro will get it tomorrow:cool:

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Diego Ochoa is the son of the ex-rider Israel "El rápido" Ochoa, from 1993. I think he is called "El rapidito".

He won last year the Vuelta a Segovia in Spain in front of older riders, and he was 2nd in the GP Nuestra Señora de Oro, also in Spain.

He is a very talented climber (like most of colombians)

Colombians ruled big time in Goulier-Neige. Parra wins the stage:

1 Heiner Rodrigo Parra (472 Colombia)
2 Juan Ernesto Chamorro (472 Colombia)
3 Maxime Le Lavandier (Chambéry CF)
4 Dylan Teuns (Ventilair-Steria)
5 Nathaniel Wilson (Etats-Unis)
6 Cesar Nicolas Paredes (472 Colombia)
7 Mathieu Le Lavandier (Chambéry CF)
8 Mikel Iturria (Euskadi)
9 Pierre-Roger Latour (Chambéry CF)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
pianomagic said:
Diego Ochoa is the son of the ex-rider Israel "El rápido" Ochoa, from 1993. I think he is called "El rapidito".

He won last year the Vuelta a Segovia in Spain in front of older riders, and he was 2nd in the GP Nuestra Señora de Oro, also in Spain.

He is a very talented climber (like most of colombians)

ochoa isn't much a climber. similar to his dad he is more sprinter, itt rider with a big engine. he's also build exactly like his dad

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Colombians ruled big time in Goulier-Neige. Parra wins the stage:

1 Heiner Rodrigo Parra (472 Colombia)
2 Juan Ernesto Chamorro (472 Colombia)
3 Maxime Le Lavandier (Chambéry CF)
4 Dylan Teuns (Ventilair-Steria)
5 Nathaniel Wilson (Etats-Unis)
6 Cesar Nicolas Paredes (472 Colombia)
7 Mathieu Le Lavandier (Chambéry CF)
8 Mikel Iturria (Euskadi)
9 Pierre-Roger Latour (Chambéry CF)

amazing resulty. saldarriaga proving again he's the best director and trainer in colombia. the government shoudl have givne him the money corti got