• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Søren Kragh Andersen AKA "Mr. Andersen"

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Probably nobody will be doing much in coming weeks ;)

But Kragh is a rider with as great a potential as Asgreen, maybe even greater (he climbs better), and as such absolutely warrants his own thread - future results will prove it :)
He climbs better than Asgreen? I certainly don't think so. What makes you think that? That said, I've always been convinced that Kragh was the most talented of the generation of young Danes (now I think it's Asgreen though).

Angliru three years ago he was the strongest from a break with all the best mountain guys not in the top ten until he was called back and then continued and continued to lead for Dumo until a puncture stopped it. For sure has a lot of potential for real mountains.

I feel like he didn't quite have the same "Here I am!" kicking the door in, moment as some of the other young Danes.
I also quite like the way he won Paris-Tours, though it also highlights just how stupid Terpstra and Cosnefroy were in being more focused on arguing with each other, rather than chasing the guy who'd already proven to be pretty good at going at it alone. It's not like they were arguing in one side of the road, while he snuck away in the other, he literally went straight between them!

Around 1:27

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kY-9a6rN_w

He climbs better than Asgreen? I certainly don't think so. What makes you think that? That said, I've always been convinced that Kragh was the most talented of the generation of young Danes (now I think it's Asgreen though).

I remember him doing a lot of work for Dumoulin in the mountains, in the 2018 Tour.

That being said, neither he nor Asgreen will ever become real climbers, but Kragh is a little smaller and lighter, so has an edge climbing.

Edit: And to prove my point, he attacks on a climb today, while Asgreen is leading the chase in the peloton :cool:

Last edited:
Maybe. He seems to be coming into his own the last few years, although I think he will be best known for his nickname!

A quality rider but maybe at age 25 or so, he is what he is. But I defer to the Danes on the board. I Googled him and didn't realize that there was a much more famous Kragh Andersen...by the way, how do you pronounce his surname: Crag, Cray, Crah? Or something else?

Okay, the Kraghen thing is getting really annoying, so I'll try to explain how it should be pronounced.

I suppose it would sort of rhyme with how you would say "how" even though the rhythm is different. Also, the r is a hard r, like in French, and not pronounced like you would typically do it in English.

So when people call him Kraghen, it's pronounced like "the crow" and not the sea monster.

Well, I pronounce it like the sea monster! :cool: Purposely mispronouncing to make the pun work.

But, yeah... the way I always think it - the pronouncation of his actual name - is that's the ending is sort of like in "though", and definitely not with a hard "g(k)" sound, definitely not "Krack!" There is no crack involved!

Okay, the Kraghen thing is getting really annoying, so I'll try to explain how it should be pronounced.

I suppose it would sort of rhyme with how you would say "how" even though the rhythm is different. Also, the r is a hard r, like in French, and not pronounced like you would typically do it in English.

So when people call him Kraghen, it's pronounced like "the crow" and not the sea monster.
The announcer who works w Sean Kelly gets it right. But yes the nickname annoys me too so I already tried to reach out to the ignorant on the previous page.

Doesn't take much to annoy you dude :rolleyes:

Anyway.......... UNLEASH THE KRAGHEN :cool:

Do you know how to change it?
The mods won't help with correcting spelling mistakes in the thread title, so probably not with the thread status either.
Actually, i just found how you can change it:
Go to the opening post of the topic, and in the top right corner above the opening post, there is the option next to previous/next buttons, to show "more options" (three dots). These are only visible to the topic/thread creator. There you can find the option "edit thread". If you click on it, you can deactivate the option to make it Q&A with up/down voting.

I've changed the thread title to reflect the riders correctly spelled name, as I've taken the spelling that Redheaddane offered earlier on in the thread. I've also changed the prefix to it's proper place in "Teams & Riders", removed the up/down voting since this is a riders thread and not a poll or question, as well as listed his name in the Rider Thread Directory.

Now if we could please discuss the rider that is the subject of this thread topic and not argue anymore about the spelling of Søren's name, or any other technical mishap that has already happened or will likely happen again in the future? Please contact any moderator including myself to help edit anything major, such as the spelling of a thread topic, especially when it's a real live human rider who deserves to have their birth name properly spelled and pronounced correctly, no matter the language. As to minor spelling errors, or other minor technical errors, we will have to just realize that simple misspellings and the like are part of the internet culture and not worth throwing a perfectly good discussion into chaos. If an incorrect prefix (or similar) bothers anyone enough to remark on it, please do not pollute the thread with such remarks and send them instead in a report or PM to a moderator to get it fixed. Thank you in advance.

TRENDING THREADS