• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Scheldeprijs 200km 1.HC :: 8th April 2015

Yawn.

Profile: _____________________crash__sprint :eek:

Map:
map.jpg

Coverage: http://www.steephill.tv/classics/scheldeprijs/#live
Preview: http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/scheld ... 15/preview
Past Winners: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheldeprijs

You may now rant away...... ;)

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Huh? The startlist of procyclinstats says Kittel, Cavendish and Greipel aren't riding. What's going on?!? There seems to be a surprising ammount of teams that didn't bring a real sprinter?!?1 Don't tell me they're ruining the greatest race ever :(

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Kittel was going to race, but is not yet at his best level after that stomach virus. Don't know about Cavendish. Greipel was going to be there, but on doctor's advice is taking rest after RVV. Kristoff, on the other hand, will be here and is obviously going to win this with the form he's got going on. Competition: maybe Viviani, or Sagan, and lots of lesser sprinters: Bennett, Van Poppel, Arndt, Renshaw, Guardini, Hofland, Van Asbroeck, Theuns, Jans, Chicchi, Archbold, Bauhaus, Hutarovich, Van Staeyen, Farrar, Bos, Grosu, Petacchi, Marezcko, Groenewegen, Kreder, Looij and I'm probably still forgetting a number of them.

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Domulec said:
Kittel was going to race, but is not yet at his best level after that stomach virus. Don't know about Cavendish. Greipel was going to be there, but on doctor's advice is taking rest after RVV. Kristoff, on the other hand, will be here and is obviously going to win this with the form he's got going on. Competition: maybe Viviani, or Sagan, and lots of lesser sprinters: Bennett, Van Poppel, Arndt, Renshaw, Guardini, Hofland, Van Asbroeck, Theuns, Jans, Chicchi, Archbold, Bauhaus, Hutarovich, Van Staeyen, Farrar, Bos, Grosu, Petacchi, Marezcko, Groenewegen, Kreder, Looij and I'm probably still forgetting a number of them.

What about Degenkolb? Riding?

Re: Re:

Pulp said:
Domulec said:

No. Giant is riding for Nikias Arndt.

Jspear said:
Pulp said:
Domulec said:

No. Giant is riding for Nikias Arndt.

Or maybe for Sinkeldam. Anyway, I'm hoping podium for Marezcko!

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Poursuivant said:
Cyclkngquotes saying Kristoff might ride for Porsev, any truth in that?
I feel like leading out Porsev would be only marginally less risky than going for the sprint himself. Or maybe he'll slot in in the middle of the train.

Re:

Jagartrott said:
Last year, there were no crashes IIRC.
Safest race of the year!
Yea, but País Vasco has upped the pointless danger quotient, so this disgusting travesty of a race will have to bring its A-game to compete.

Seriously, of all the races that get endangered, why does this pathetic excuse for an event not die? Why don't they just hold a 200m time trial and be done with it without all the risk of crashing?

This is like cycling, but not as good.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
DBotero said:
Very strong team support for Viviani:Bernhard Eisel, Andy Fenn, Salvatore Puccio, Luke Rowe, Ian Stannard, Geraint Thomas and Sir Bradley Wiggins.Viviani Ftw!
He'll never get a train like that in a GT.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
DBotero said:
Very strong team support for Viviani:Bernhard Eisel, Andy Fenn, Salvatore Puccio, Luke Rowe, Ian Stannard, Geraint Thomas and Sir Bradley Wiggins.Viviani Ftw!

Viviani will be alone for the last km so how the train looks on paper is irrelevant.

Libertine Seguros said:
Jagartrott said:
Last year, there were no crashes IIRC.
Safest race of the year!
Yea, but País Vasco has upped the pointless danger quotient, so this disgusting travesty of a race will have to bring its A-game to compete.

Seriously, of all the races that get endangered, why does this pathetic excuse for an event not die? Why don't they just hold a 200m time trial and be done with it without all the risk of crashing?

This is like cycling, but not as good.

I was waiting for your inevitable contribution to this thread. You did not disappoint.