• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Schleck is the real winner!!!

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I think the real winner is Specialized...first two places on the podium. Not bad. Andy rode the TT of his life and AC's was far below expectations, but that's why they run the race...**** happens. Andy needs to learn how to shift his bike and improve his TT skills. I look forward to 10 more years of head to head drama ! That's why we all watch !

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Mainerider said:
I think the real winner is Specialized...first two places on the podium. Not bad. Andy rode the TT of his life and AC's was far below expectations, but that's why they run the race...**** happens. Andy needs to learn how to shift his bike and improve his TT skills. I look forward to 10 more years of head to head drama ! That's why we all watch !

I'm a Giant rider. But I agree. Specialized won. So did Lance with all his American TV attention. :)

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Mainerider said:

Does anyone think that Contador doesn't really like his specialized bike.He doesn't look good on the TT bike.I think he likes the trek bike a whole lot better.Maybe its the geomentry of his new bikes but for me he looked more comfortable on the trek?

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Specialized is definitely the winner. Top two on the podium.

And Giant........AMerican/Taiwan?

Say it aint so.....an all American podium

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
TimChristy said:
I think Andy is. He's a classy guy. I was a Lance fan, but he gave up on like day 2. Now I'm team Schleck.

The only thing worse than a blind fanboy is a blind bandwagon fanboy.

Hopefully they'll be gone by this time next week.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Man this Andy/Armstrong fanboy thing is cracking me.

I get it he's cocky and speaks English. But really, how do you move on so soon, without knowing if he prefers blonds or brunets?

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
No. Tachia, Taichung. Read their history. They do have a US headquarters too. They're public on the Taiwanese stock exchange.
Yeah, US is where a lot of design and distribution takes place. Although this all, also happens in Taiwan.

And FFS, you really think Specialized is American? (not moose, the other guy)

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
Man this Andy/Armstrong fanboy thing is cracking me.

I get it he's cocky and speaks English. But really, how do you move on so soon, without knowing if he prefers blonds or brunets?

It's nearly as impressive as the JiltedXArmstrong/Contador fanboy thing.

53 x 11 said:
Yeah, US is where a lot of design and distribution takes place. Although this all, also happens in Taiwan.

And FFS, you really think Specialized is American? (not moose, the other guy)

Specialized is manufactured in China. Same as Cervelo.
Difference is, Giant actually has the factories to manufacture bikes. Specialized and others just outsource.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
horizon27 said:
Does anyone think that Contador doesn't really like his specialized bike.He doesn't look good on the TT bike.I think he likes the trek bike a whole lot better.Maybe its the geomentry of his new bikes but for me he looked more comfortable on the trek?

After the first time check, Contador really pulled himself up to the rivets and made his position look pretty uncomfortable (not that there is such a thing as a comfortable TT position). sometimes that what you have to do when you have more heart then legs, which was the case for Contador today. He did not have great legs today but still beat his rival and finished this tour as the deserving champion.

Nothing but respect for the entire top 5. I am really looking forward to next year.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Specialized is manufactured in China. Same as Cervelo.
Difference is, Giant actually has the factories to manufacture bikes. Specialized and others just outsource.

What I think you're saying is we should all ride Merckx bikes. Made in Belgium by people who have cycling in their blood.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
Yeah, That was my poorly made point. Directed at some other guy.

Wheres my coffee? I aint feeling it today.

Actually a lot of European brand bikes are made at the Giant factory, including Colnago. Not the very top models but a lot of the mid range stuff. If you visit the Giant factory there are containers stacked in the yard with various brand names on them.

TRENDING THREADS