• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

schleck's ...are they have beens?

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or are the schleck brothers done theyre dash with the tour de france can you see them makeing the next step ?

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
dont get me wrong i'd love to see them both double teaming alberto up a climb in the tour...but i just dont see it happening yeh they attack but dont seem to have that extra horsepower that makes the difference

Has beens = beyond ridiculous.

As for double teaming Alberto, who knows. I doubt very much AC can take the form he has right now into France so we shall see. If he does, at least, Andy will give him a closer run than anyone in Italy has.

I think your OP would have been better phrased - 'The Sclecks - can they step up' or similar.

Im not entirely sure what your getting at? If your trying to say that they need to step up to the plate and may buckle under the pressure i think the complete opposite Andy for me seems fairly laidback almost to a fault and i dont think it will be too much of a problem.

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
Echoes said:
I believe he's shown less activity then the previous years.

In 2009, 8th at the Montepaschi. 2011, he was 32nd.:mad:
because he was working for a teammate, if I recall.

All the races where he rode for his own interest actuall came out slightly better than last year, or at least on the same level. Also, he always looks quite composed and at ease, so we're not really seeing it all right now. :-/

The Schlecks aren't has beens by any stretch of the imagination. It looks like Andy is trying to take other parts of the season more serious than he has in the past (his TOC performance was significantly better than it was last year which is progress).

Don't worry, they will be protagonist at the TdF with or without AC's presence.

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
The Schlecks aren't has beens by any stretch of the imagination. It looks like Andy is trying to take other parts of the season more serious than he has in the past (his TOC performance was significantly better than it was last year which is progress).

Don't worry, they will be protagonist at the TdF with or without AC's presence.

I only hope that someone steps up and fight's the Schlecks for the yellow jersey if AC is not there. Maybe Cadel will be in top form and will not have a bad day and will stay on his bike. :)

ManInFull said:
I only hope that someone steps up and fight's the Schlecks for the yellow jersey if AC is not there. Maybe Cadel will be in top form and will not have a bad day and will stay on his bike. :)

Cuddles can't climb with Andy. He'll grind away, but I can't see him having enough. My hope is that Basso and Szymd are on their Giro form from last year. And it would tickle me if Horner was there to put the smack down on everyone. Beetroot juice!

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
i've got some interesting pic of Andrew and Frankin 'double teaming'. Lets just say that in these pic's Andrew has no trouble adjusting his gear.

TRENDING THREADS