• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

School Project

Aug 31, 2021
Visit site
Hello all,

I am wondering if you could help me, I am doing a project for design & technology GCSE and my topic is cycling. I need to make something as part of my project but need a little help.
  1. Can you think of anything I could design that might help with day to day cycling?
  2. One of the things I considered was storage/trailer.
  3. Are there any products you use that could be improved?

Photos would be great too.

Thank you and hope you can help.

Will

Hello all,

I am wondering if you could help me, I am doing a project for design & technology GCSE and my topic is cycling. I need to make something as part of my project but need a little help.
  1. Can you think of anything I could design that might help with day to day cycling?
  2. One of the things I considered was storage/trailer.
  3. Are there any products you use that could be improved?
Photos would be great too.

Thank you and hope you can help.

Will

I don't have a good idea, but an aspect I'd consider: I often feel like everything you need exists, but it has its price - often a crazy one - and you have to buy one thing plus the next thing for a different use and another one for another use... and so on. You can end up spending lots of money. So I would try something that can be easily transformed and isn't too expensive. :)

I don't have a good idea, but an aspect I'd consider: I often feel like everything you need exists, but it has its price - often a crazy one - and you have to buy one thing plus the next thing for a different use and another one for another use... and so on. You can end up spending lots of money. So I would try something that can be easily transformed and isn't too expensive. :)

You got the touch, you got the pooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A52--FKUQgU

Not sure exactly what encompasses a storage -trailer for cycling?. In San Diego and NYC there is a mass political push for traffic reduction..and in San Diego to a micro extent of NYC..buses allow you to put your bike on the front..up to three bikes..there is a sparse trolley system..allowing bicycles in rear cars and more room on off peak times..there was a similar scenario on the Long Island Rail Road..if you are talking about a storage locker for bicycles..affordable and secure, you will be an instant multi millionaire..storage for bicycles after public transit use..or bike storage as part of work school commute is the weak link...really really weak link..In San Diego all bicycle use has exploded..and sales..explosive!!And a huge sector e-bikes..just overhearing a few things..e-bike theft is way way up..
Gravel bikes have everything going semi old school w bike packing a popular trend..not so much effective panniers w racks but a series of cleverly designed bags to fit between tubes and on handlebars to accommodate some gear..not sure what you are referring to w trailers..But I have used them ..bicycle pulled trailers w mixed results..attached to seat post or fastened on rear dropout stay calm confluence..I am not a fan of pulled trailers for any distance

TRENDING THREADS