• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Sentjens positive for EPO

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
3,480
0
0
Visit site
Sentjens positive for epo

Surprised there isn't a thread about it yet. He got caught last month in an out of competition test

The 29-year old Belgian rider from Milram has a palomares of among others Kurrne-Brussel-Kuurne and the druivenkoers
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
This reminds me. Milram the sponsor said they'd withdraw immediately if the team had another doping case.

Will the team not have the cash to finish the season?

Press release - Roy Sentjens provisionally suspended

08.09.2010

Earlier today, the UCI advised Italian rider Roy Sentjens that he is provisionally suspended. The decision to provisionally suspend Mr Sentjens was made in response to a report from the WADA accredited laboratory in Cologne indicating an Adverse Analytical Finding of Recombinant EPO in a urine sample collected from him at an out-of-competition test on 16 August 2010.

The provisional suspension remains in force until a hearing panel convened by the Belgium Cycling Federation (RLVB) determines whether Mr Sentjens has committed an anti-doping rule violation under Article 21 of the UCI Anti-Doping Rules.
Mr Sentjens has the right to request and attend the analyses of his B sample.

Under the World Anti-Doping Code and the UCI Anti-Doping Rules, the UCI is unable to provide any additional information at this time.



UCI Press Services

Damn italians always testing positive
 
The end of the team milram is certain since one months, there was and is no hope.
I think this doping case is just about politics. I think Sentjens isn't a big doper, he's just a vicitim of the UCI, who aren't capable or don't want to punish some big riders.
The big dopers in the big teams won't be caught.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
5
0
Visit site
Faserr said:
The end of the team milram is certain since one months, there was and is no hope.
I think this doping case is just about politics. I think Sentjens isn't a big doper, he's just a vicitim of the UCI, who aren't capable or don't want to punish some big riders.
The big dopers in the big teams won't be caught.

a victim? surely if one cheats, one is a cheater and not a victim:rolleyes:
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
Faserr said:
The end of the team milram is certain since one months, there was and is no hope.

You misunderstand. I didn't say this will cause their end. I said it may cause their IMMEDIATE end. Or, in the words I used above: "withdraw immediately"
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
powerste said:
Source: UCI Press Services

Freudian slip, anyone?

Yes, that what I thought when I read it too.
The UCI obviously have the 'template' ready with the Italians as the default setting.

Getting back to Sentjens - had Milram already announced that they have given up the search for a replacement sponsor, or does todays events put the final nail in the coffin?
 
Faserr said:
The end of the team milram is certain since one months, there was and is no hope.
I think this doping case is just about politics. I think Sentjens isn't a big doper, he's just a vicitim of the UCI, who aren't capable or don't want to punish some big riders.
The big dopers in the big teams won't be caught.

I don't really want to believe this, but I always have that feeling too.
Doping control needs to be done by an external organisation. Not the UCI itself.
 
Apr 7, 2010
612
0
0
Visit site
i really struggle to come to grips with the fact that the uci have announced a positive test from such a POWERHOUSE of international cycling, the sport as we know it will change forever. i am glad that the uci continue to pursue and expose these big name drug cheats relentlessly, even sometimes at the expense of the image of their sport.
 
Jun 15, 2009
353
0
0
Visit site
barn yard said:
i really struggle to come to grips with the fact that the uci have announced a positive test from such a POWERHOUSE of international cycling, the sport as we know it will change forever. i am glad that the uci continue to pursue and expose these big name drug cheats relentlessly, even sometimes at the expense of the image of their sport.

Either:
the lower-level guys lack the cash and savvy to beat the tests consistently
or:
the UCI picks on them intentionally in order to show results in the fight against doping without embarrassing the bigger names

Or both - the former makes the latter that much easier for the UCI to plausibly pull off.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Who? blah blah blah

in other news kiwi Adam Stewart has been dropped from their commonwealth games squad for attempting to use EPO
 
Jun 15, 2009
353
0
0
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Who? blah blah blah

in other news kiwi Adam Stewart has been dropped from their commonwealth games squad for attempting to use EPO

Is Stewart's "Attempting to use EPO" more or less serious than Basso's "Contemplating blood doping" by making an initial deposit?

Equally OT and equally important: how the frack did he "attempt to use EPO" anyway? Miss a vein? Have the wrong syringe on him? Imbibe instead of inject?
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
powerste said:
Either:
the lower-level guys lack the cash and savvy to beat the tests consistently
or:
the UCI picks on them intentionally in order to show results in the fight against doping without embarrassing the bigger names

Or both - the former makes the latter that much easier for the UCI to plausibly pull off.

According to Martial Saugy of the Lausanne lab, it's the one in bold.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
Barrus said:
Sentjens positive for epo

Surprised there isn't a thread about it yet. He got caught last month in an out of competition test

The 29-year old Belgian rider from Milram has a palomares of among others Kurrne-Brussel-Kuurne and the druivenkoers

roundabout said:
What is it with the riders Lotto chooses to sign?

Lotto is doped up to the eyeballs this year. Ethics have gone out the window in 2010!
 
But but....

It's a witch hunt.

He never tested positive before this, so the labs must be against him!

Everybody is doing it, so it doesn't matter.

He does a lot for charridee.

etc etc etc etc etc.

Hello Polish? Why don't you stand up for this poor, innocent guy?
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Lotto is doped up to the eyeballs this year. Ethics have gone out the window in 2010!

"This year"?

You wouldn't be saying that if Evans wasn't there last year.
Remember what Kohl said last year. They signed him specifically because they liked the way he managed to dope yet keep his blood passport values unsuspicious.

Not to mention they haven't had a single positive this year....yet they had plenty in previous years.
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
Visit site
Animal said:
But but....

It's a witch hunt.

He never tested positive before this, so the labs must be against him!

Everybody is doing it, so it doesn't matter.

He does a lot for charridee.

etc etc etc etc etc.

Hello Polish? Why don't you stand up for this poor, innocent guy?

Or he will say that he did it all himself with no help whatsoever, ala Thomas Frei. Who is our resident bookie hereso they can lay some odds down in what Sentjens excuse will be, and I'll put ten euro on it.
 

TRENDING THREADS